September 3, 2005 --- Who is going?

gdulaney said:
Hi Lisa --

We're driving down and not looking forward to the gas prices. I'm hoping that 20 to 30 cents is it....

Ginny

We are also driving down, taking DH truck which is our lightest on gas and then not great!!

Just wish it was Friday already.

salbythec said:
I just finished my door sign!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Door sign...hmmm... I remember someone talking about this a while back, but forgot about it. So now I need some help, because I have no idea how to do it. :teeth: _
What should it have on it?
How big should it be?
How do you attach it to the door?

itdjbw said:
We are also driving down, taking DH truck which is our lightest on gas and then not great!!

Just wish it was Friday already.

Did your gas go up yet? Ours (in Omaha) has gone up 20+ cents from yesterday to today. I even saw one gas station that had gone up 50 cents (I'm definitely not buying anything there)

Kim,

I got my magnetic paper at Michaels in Bellevue. (5--81/2 x 11" inch sheets that you run through the ink jet printer for $7.99) My signs are waaaaaay lame. I just imported representative characters for each of us onto a sheet with names etc. My creativity is almost nonexsistent. The kids had fun picking out characters and fonts though.

Off to Bismark in the am. Can't say I'm excited....

omapcw1 said:
Kim,

I got my magnetic paper at Michaels in Bellevue. (5--81/2 x 11" inch sheets that you run through the ink jet printer for $7.99) My signs are waaaaaay lame. I just imported representative characters for each of us onto a sheet with names etc. My creativity is almost nonexsistent. The kids had fun picking out characters and fonts though.

Off to Bismark in the am. Can't say I'm excited....

Are the doors metal? Do the signs just go right on the door?

Am I doing my part or what? My 5th post of the night!! We're getting close to that 1000 mark!

Ok - I have some questions for everyone...

1. Who is your favorite movie actor? Actress?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. What is your dream car?
4. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
5. What is your favorite thing to do on a sunny day?

1. (Me) Johnny Depp, Julia Roberts
(DH) Tom Hanks, Jennifer Aniston
2. (Me) Cheesecake
(DH) Bread pudding
3. (Me) BMW silver convertible
(DH) Mustang convertible
4. (Me) Scrapbook
(DH) Take a nap
5. (Me) Scrapbook, need I say more?
(DH) Play golf

We just got back from soccer practice. I am so tired you would think that I had actually played soccer instead of my child.

We bought magnetic tape at Michaels for our door signs. It seemed cheaper (and that is my middle name)

Here's a useless question to get some posts

What book(s) are you taking on the cruise?

I am taking One for the Money by Janet Evanovich that was recommeded here. Plus 2nd Chance by James Patterson and Divine Evil or Public Secrets by Nora Roberts.

What about you guys?

disneyfanforever said:

I'm taking Nora Roberts/Night Shifts books 1-4 (actually only 2 books, but 4 stories), 2 Catherine Coulter books (I've never read her books before, so hopefully they are good) and I'm thinking I should go buy the Janet E. book "One for the Money" too - since its been so highly recommended here!!!!

clonefans said:
Are the doors metal? Do the signs just go right on the door?

The signs go right on the door. I just used my scrapping skills this time and did my sign that way. My printer is down. :confused3
You can get the magnectic paper at Walmart.

Hey clonefans! You must have been posting while I was.

Here are my answers to your questions
1. Brad Pitt / Nicole Kidman
DH - I don't know his actor but I have a feeling his actress is Jessica Alba ( and I am sure that is just because she is such an incredible actress)

2. Oreo cookie (or chocolate chip cookie dough) ice cream cake

3. I am not sure about my favorite car but one of my good friends just bought a new Land (or maybe Range, I am not sure of the difference) Rover with the 3rd seat. It was black and had tan leather interior and 3 sunroofs. Yeah, I think that is my dream car.

4. I like to sleep and sleep some more. Then I would love to watch movies in bed and then fall back asleep. I don't think I have ever been able to actually do this but it is a nice dream.

5. Can I say sleep again? Well, I like to just sit outside with a book and watch the boys and dogs play.

Oh, and clonefans, I am a big scrapbooker too.

Robyn

1. Who is your favorite movie actor? Actress?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. What is your dream car?
4. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
5. What is your favorite thing to do on a sunny day?

1. My favorite actor is Johnny Dep, actress is Julia Roberts
2. Pumpkin Pie
3. Corvette
4. Sleep in and then make cookies!! :teeth:
5. Go to the beach! :sunny:

Robyn -
Yes, we must have!!
Scrapping is wonderful isn't it! We'll have to talk scrappin when we meet!

1. Who is your favorite movie actor? Actress? I don't have an absolute favorite movie actor or actress... my answers change with my mood.

2. What is your favorite dessert? YUM - warm toll house cookies (with nuts) or a scoop of really good ice cream.

3. What is your dream car? The #38 M&Ms Pedigree Combos Ford

4. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Curl up under a comforter and read!

5. What is your favorite thing to do on a sunny day?Hang out at the pool and read!

Ginny :cutie:

disneyfanforever said:
We bought magnetic tape at Michaels for our door signs. It seemed cheaper (and that is my middle name)

Here's a useless question to get some posts

I am taking One for the Money by Janet Evanovich that was recommeded here. Plus 2nd Chance by James Patterson and Divine Evil or Public Secrets by Nora Roberts.

What about you guys?

We have the same middle name!!! :goodvibes

I've got a couple of InStyle magazine, a couple of Southern Living magazines, 5 or 6 paperbacks --- and for the drive down....the new Harry Potter!!! :wizard:

Ginny :cutie:

lisa702 said:
Who has ressies for Palo? We have one for dinner and brunch. I have heard so much about the Chocolate Souffle, I have to try it! :Pinkbounc

Lisa,

Andy's already answered about the reservations...but on the souffle...
It is so good!!! They bring it over, break the center and fill it with two sauces - a chocolate and a vanilla. Last year, we were fortunate enough to eat at Palo a couple of times. Andy had to skip out early one night and they packaged a souffle for me to take to back to the room for him. It was wrapped with foil and stayed warm until he ate it.

Ginny

ps - I'm doing my part to boost the thread count. :teeth:

ok i'll kick in a few before bedtime, got to get in by 12:45, trying to catch up a little before our marathon two day drive. ginny we got us a res at the hampton inn macon friday night, on hilton points woo hoo, kind of helps offset the gas. had enough points left to buy 4000 for $50 and get our res in anniston for the 10th. so two rooms at hampton inn for $50. anyone know if there will be much damage that far east?

my bil grew in laurel, Miss. and his folks still live there, so he took off this morning and went down to pick them up and take them to their lake house in east texas. he said that he bought gas in vicksburg and then at jackson he went down toward the coast, never saw another open gas sta. till he got back to vicksburg. sil told me that we should gas at any major town that has a station open, i guess simplifies things a little, dw won't yell at me for holding out as long as possible for a better price :rotfl2:

he said that it was devastated there, wasn't sure how long it would take to get power again. not are street poles down, but lines to houses also got hit by trees, so once they get the main lines up, they'll have to go back and hook up the houses. he took a load of water down and left with his parents' neighbors.

dw and i are just heartbroken for these poor souls, i wish i had a boat and could go down to help out if i could. i think we should all lift these peoplle up in prayer at this incredibly difficult time.

ok i'll lighten up again, don't mean to bring down the room.

34486923B232327Ffp643Dot3E23253D573.jpg

just to help out with the id at the gettogether, here we are at epcot, dec 2003.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter