September 3, 2005 --- Who is going?

disneyfanforever said:
Good luck at the dentist Mary. Have a safe trip, and Tyler can't wait to meet Tommy. See ya on Saturday.

Captaincrash, Nora is Nora Roberts. She is an author of highly intelluctual books, well maybe just good ole romance books. She also writes under the name JD Robb, and those books take place in the future. She is my favorite author.

Also captain, your plan for St John sounds fun. We, however, I believe are heading to Coral World based on recommendations and then to the beach next to it. Has anyone here been there? We are also planning on trying to find Blackbeard's Castle. Tyler is very into pirates and I heard it is on St Thomas. Anyone know anything else about it?

Tyler is thrilled that he only has to go to school 4 days this week since we leave on Friday. And I really need to get started packing. I have a list but it doesn't really do any good unless I start putting it into action.

Robyn

Robyn, Blackbeards castle is there, I researched a lot about the island for our April cruise and then we wasted 1/2 the day getting thru customs so landed up not going there, if you go to the CC site you can pull up info for the Island.
You can also google search as there is a lot to do.

Who is driving down to the Cape? Obviously those here in FL are driving but who else? Gas is jumping 20 to 30 cents a gallon the next day or 2 because of Katrina and supply and demand. OUCH! Although we don't pay nearly as much as other countries, as my DS who now lives in Germany, keeps pointing out to me. :rolleyes:
Just a few more days! :cool1:

lisa702 said:
Who is driving down to the Cape? Obviously those here in FL are driving but who else? Gas is jumping 20 to 30 cents a gallon the next day or 2 because of Katrina and supply and demand. OUCH! Although we don't pay nearly as much as other countries, as my DS who now lives in Germany, keeps pointing out to me. :rolleyes: Just a few more days! :cool1:

Hi Lisa --

We're driving down and not looking forward to the gas prices. I'm hoping that 20 to 30 cents is it....

Ginny

To everyone whos' driving ... although it probably does not need saying - I'd like to add well wishes to have a manageable drive. The most important thing is to get there safe - 2nd - get there in a decent frame of mind - and of course to be on time. I remember post Frances trying to get back into Orlando - it was not much fun. But we kept our spirits up (I was really amazed as the girls understood we were working hard at getting to their boat... and they were just so good - I almost think I had a tougher time.

So - pack your maps - emerency road hazard supplies (flares/canned fix a flat, etc.) - and spare travel snacks and water. ;) I almost feel like I'm preparing for a trip through Frances like last year all of a sudden. It's that anxious "expedition fog" sensation... kno what I mean? :rolleyes:

So - sfe travels to all who are driving and or flyin gin the days to come. And to folks who have teeth or illness issues - I am chanting a silent prayer of support for smooth travels to the Magic. Cuz.. once at the ship everone's gonna be ALL RIGHT regardless of what might have made the prior days travel controversial.

O well... we don't start our travels until wednesday evening when we go to the airport hotel so we can make the early morning flight on Thursday. Then on Saturday we have the routine drive from Orlando to PC.

With that - TTFN! pirate:

itdjbw said:
Captain,
Nora is Nora Roberts the write, she also writes under the name JD Robb, her books are really 'popcorn for the brain' romance and light.
Still haven't packed, guess what I'm going to be doing at 11.30pm Thursday???

Guess what....it's 11:30 and I'm STILL packing. :earseek: That 5:30 ride to the airport is coming really, really fast :moped:

We're off to enjoy a few days at "The World" . Can't wait to see you all on Saturday! :wave:

Safe travels everyone
Rachel

For anyone that is still waiting to leave for Florida here is the weather forecast for Embarkation day in Cocoa Beach FL...we are looking real good and everything is falling into place...

Daily Details for
Cocoa Beach, FL On The Spot Weather

Isolated T-Storms High
88°F

Precip
30%

Wind: NE 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 76%
UV Index: 9 Very High

Sunrise: 7:02 AM ET
Avg. High: 89°F
Record High: 95°F (1999)

Mostly Cloudy Overnight Low
75°F

Precip
20%

Wind: NNE 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 82%

Sunset: 7:41 PM ET
Avg. Low: 73°F
Record Low: 65°F (1978)

See you all in a few days. We are leaving on Thursday Afternoon.

Looks like .....

.... pretty nice weather to me!~ I like an ocassional bit of rain (with thunder ! It makes for some variety compared to California).

AND, best of all the NOAA forecasts show nothing imposing on our embarkation as far as I can see. Tropical Depression "13" is a little sub 39mph thing way out in the middle of the Atlantic!

Of course, Katrina has been naughty and definately NOT nice. I've only followed a little of the news as we have been busy packing and organizing. It's been busy around here (no doubt the same for most DCL travelers). Prayers and wishes for a rapid recovery to all those adversely effected by Katrina.

Looks like our thread will not make it to 1000 by embarkation time. :badpc:

So TTFN... we begin travels on Wed evening.

:wizard:

Ginny and I will be hitting the road about 5am tomorrow morning to be in Orlando around 2pm and we'll be staying at SSR for a couple of days of relaxation by the pool sipping a frozen :drinking1 or two.

Our flight leaves tomorrow morning at 8am. DJ and I will be at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Mom and Gram will be flying down on Friday. They should be in about 1:30pm, and they'll be at CBR with us.

I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Tina

Safe flights and drives to all!! :wizard:
We leave at 7am on friday and will be staying at The Inn at Cocoa Beach
Can't wait :thewave:

lisa702 said:
I FINALLY got approval from Skye's principal for her upcoming absences. Her teacher was going to give her a 59/F for the week but I pointed out ALL the educational values she will be learning as a result of her cruise. She will be keeping a journal of the experiences she will have so we gotta give her some great times to write about!!!!! :banana: All this in 1st grade! Guess I better study up on pirates so that will be educational too! pirate:

Thats crazy in 1st grade!!!! What are they really going to miss at that age?? Our teachers have been great (thank goodness!) Cassie has to write in a journal for school too everyday! Maybe Skye and Cassie can help each other out!

Boy, am I jealous of everyone leaving early for the cruise!! (I'm sitting at work right now, dreaming of sand and sea) Safe travels to you all.:goodvibes

We don't leave until Fri at 8am (only 2 1/2 days more of work!)

woo hoo, td #13 will be noproblem for any of us, it appears to be dissipated and whatever is left is headed toward bermuda, totally awat from us. and we have to keep the good thoughts going about that next wave that is out there so that it won't form into anything, but it seems that even if it does it will go off north to nowhere and we won't see it at all. woo hoo! :bounce:

we are in full get things done to get out of town mode, so we'll be on the road with first light thursday morn headed to macon, then to cocoa beach on friday, and time for the beach. :sunny:

going up to the church to laminate the door billboards now, didn't realize how big i was making them, but the kids had fun.

Unfortunately to Bismark ?!? Color me green with envy at all of you leaving for WDW!!!

clonefans said:
Thats crazy in 1st grade!!!! What are they really going to miss at that age?? Our teachers have been great (thank goodness!) Cassie has to write in a journal for school too everyday! Maybe Skye and Cassie can help each other out!

Skye would love that! :cheer2:

captaincrash said:
Looks like .....

.... pretty nice weather to me!~ I like an ocassional bit of rain (with thunder ! It makes for some variety compared to California).

AND, best of all the NOAA forecasts show nothing imposing on our embarkation as far as I can see. Tropical Depression "13" is a little sub 39mph thing way out in the middle of the Atlantic!

Of course, Katrina has been naughty and definately NOT nice. I've only followed a little of the news as we have been busy packing and organizing. It's been busy around here (no doubt the same for most DCL travelers). Prayers and wishes for a rapid recovery to all those adversely effected by Katrina.

Looks like our thread will not make it to 1000 by embarkation time. :badpc:

So TTFN... we begin travels on Wed evening.

:wizard:

We can try to hit 1000 if we try hard enough

Don't be so green with envy OMAPCW1 or Clonefan...

Some of us HAVE to leave this early to get into position and have a little time to adjust to the new time zone. We're coming out from California and believe me that if I could have driven it I would have liked the option. However, the furthest we have ever driven as a family is about 7 hours from LA to SF split between 2 days of travel. Aside from that - we are cutting it as close as we dare by coming out on thursday with 1 day to complete the time zone adjustment.

Even so - we started moving the kids sleep pattern 2 days ago to east coast adjusted. This morning my daughter was a zombie from being awakened earlier than normal.

As such - I imagine it would have been nice to go in several days early and hit a couple of amusement parks - but we were thinking of just doing the cruise. BUT now that the weather is looking nice and everything is stable - we are now thinging of visiting a park - maybe Magic Kingdom.

SO - when were you folks getting out of "Dodge"? Our wednesday hotel is just next to the airport so we can make our early AM flight. SO that's nothing to get excited about. And thursday is just a flight day. So we just get Friday as a totally free day. :wave:

OK....

.... at Lisas' encouragement I am all for kicking the count up to 1000 (is this psychotic or what?! :goodvibes ). Of course, the more disturbing the notion - the more I like it so long as it remains legal and ... so long as no permanent marks are left behind.... heh hee! ;)

Well... let's see - how shall we kick it up? I think it would be technically cheating if we posted ONE WORD or LETTER per posting. That would make for quite a bit of page flipping just to read one message.

How about another question serious to break the ice. I proposed the last one - so we need a volunteer to come up with something. Any takers willing to knock one off while packing?

In the mean while I still have to

1) wash the dog - and put him out to dry as it is really hot out here
2) pick up the older daughter and get her to her gymnastics class
3) drop off some DVDs at a friends place near gymnastics
4) pick up the daughter
5) get home = get the kids stable ~ and then brush out the dog if dry
6) knock off a bit more packing
7) then drive the dog over to my sisters' as she is looking after Sugar
8) get home (late) and resume packing
9) end of evening I'll make a list to review that we have everything needed
10) review all the things I forgot to do then sleep

now - don't blow off any smoke - I didn't go into eating or brushing teeth now did I? AND I was just kidding about being all that excited about extremely disturbing notions - it was a play on words that sort of came to me and seemed harmlessly playful enough. In truth I am a bit more conservative in real life - as I really do not like anything that comes near leaving permanent marks! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter