September 3, 2005 --- Who is going?

OMG...

After reading about all the likely pin trading activity (and expected involvement with the kids) I don't dare appear without some Disney pins to trade!

Edited in : AND... if any kids want to exchange emails and photos with our daughter Julianna (age 4.5) please drop an email to Magic4XTC@hotmail.com. We're gonna be out tonite - but we shuld catch up on Thursday evening. AND I think we owe one reply - which should go out thursday evening as well... :sunny:

Gotta go look for some QUICK for my little girls! :goodvibes

Arrrg Arrr AAAAarrrrr! pirate:

UPDATED Pirate Treasure Hunt
Lisa702...............1
Captaincrash........1 and toddler
clonefans............2
Disneydadjax.......3 and toddler
Mickeymaniac.......1
Disneyfanforever...2
WendyK...............2
Pogo...................2
Omapcw..............2
Wilson Family........2
ltdjbw.................2
pmm0724.............1

I need a volunteer to pick up a few items for the 2 under 2's we have. I have pirate rubber duckies. Alot of the loot won't be suitable for that age. I don't want them to be left out. Any volunteers?

3 squirty rubber alligators...that would work for little ones. I'll also see what I can find.

UPDATED
Loot
jewelry...... Captain and MickeyManiac
gold coins....plastic or chocolate..... disney and pogo
candy.....any kind you want...... clonefans and omapc
glow necklaces.... omapc
plastic Pirate cups of some kind.....lisa
pens .........................wendy
pirate flags.... omapc
stickers are always popular.... omapc
tees...... mom2
notebooks.... wendy
yoyos....... lisa
loot bags...... lisa
pencils........ lisa
superballs..... lisa
telescopes...... lisa and wendy
tattoos..... lisa
Pirate horns..........Omapc
Milllion dollar doubloon bills........lisa
squirtguns.........DON"T HATE ME....lisa
pirate rubber duckies for the wee ones.....lisa
candied whistles.................wendy

WHAT A LOOT BAG THE KIDS WILL HAVE!!!!!!!

We'll get some under age 2 goodies... is that OK? :goodvibes My spouse will make selections and respond.

Plus we have some of those self illuminating chemical glowing bracelets for the kids... not sure exactly how many we got but probably enough for most of the kids under age 18... now I have to go check exactly HOW many are on hand... and/or i'll run a total back to you Lisa.... I certainly do not have 100+ to cover everyone in our group! :flower:

We'll be off lurking duty in about 30 minutes - so folks please don't add too many pages of new postings while we're off tonite! ;)

captaincrash said:
We'll get some under age 2 goodies... is that OK? :goodvibes My spouse will make selections and respond.

Plus we have some of those self illuminating chemical glowing bracelets for the kids... not sure exactly how many we got but probably enough for most of the kids under age 18... now I have to go check exactly HOW many are on hand... and/or i'll run a total back to you Lisa.... I certainly do not have 100+ to cover everyone in our group! :flower:

We'll be off lurking duty in about 30 minutes - so folks please don't add too many pages of new postings while we're off tonite! ;)

Thanks Captain.........we have 23 including wee ones signed up for the Pirate Hunt and don't know how many that haven't signed up.......

We have 4 11 yr olds. How about each of them being a captain and having 4-5 in their group with an adult or 2 or 3 or whatever. :teeth: It won't be a real contest as all the kids will get the same prizes. Each captain will get a list of hidden mickeys and lead their group onward with the assistance of the adults. We will all meet back at the starting point where the prizes will now be waiting. I don't expect it to last more than 45 mins to an hour. I am thinking 9 am Monday. That will sort of be between character breakfast seatings. Goofy doesn't start until 10:30 and there won't be much going on at the clubs. We can meet at the Promenade at 9, close to Parrot Cay for those early seating character breakfast and then end up back at the Promenade for the loot for those who might have 2nd seating character breakfast at PC.

There are 14 hidden mickeys on the list. I have eliminated 5 leaving 9.

Any objections so far?

Wow that sounds great. This hunt is going to be so much for the kids. I think having the older kids be the captains is a really good idea and the whole hidden mickey idea is very cool.

I have a question about the character breakfasts, what time are they usually held and how do we know when ours is? We have never been on the Magic before so we really don't know anything about it. What characters are usually there?

Also, anyone staying at the Radisson at the Port the night before? We're staying there and just wondering if anyone else was going to be there.

Robyn

Lisa - Great idea to have teams with captains!! I asked Luke about being one of the captains and he said "thats cool" - he loves little kids!! (Of course, I'm assuming that you included him as one of the captains)
You are a awesome party planner, very organized!!

Bob - I love the vest!!

disneyfanforever said:
Wow that sounds great. This hunt is going to be so much for the kids. I think having the older kids be the captains is a really good idea and the whole hidden mickey idea is very cool.

I have a question about the character breakfasts, what time are they usually held and how do we know when ours is? We have never been on the Magic before so we really don't know anything about it. What characters are usually there?

Also, anyone staying at the Radisson at the Port the night before? We're staying there and just wondering if anyone else was going to be there.

Robyn

Robyn, when you get to your cabin there will be tickets telling you your dinner rotation and also your day and time of the character breakfast, this way everyone gets a chance to attend.

We are staying at the Radisson on the Firday night, we stayed there in April and it was great, maybe we can arrange to meet there, not sure what time we will be arriving though.

Julia
:cool1: :cheer2: princess: :wizard:

Lisa, great plan, I will pick up some loot while on the run this weekend and let you know what. I'm sure Tarryn would love to lead the little ones.

Bob, great vest, watch out for my Adam as he will quiz you about each pin and then some!!! I have been collecting pins for them to trade and like you there are some I don't want them to part with.

Julia
:cool1: :cheer2: princess: :wizard:

Lisa- This hunt sounds like so much fun. You have done an amazing job planning this event. Alex said he would like to be a "captain".

A couple of pages back, someone mentioned a Mickey Bar eating contest. I definately want to sign DH up for that....beware, he can consume ice cream like no other! :mickeybar

Wow, I wish I could speed up the clock! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

wendy i'd appreciate that, if they have it, that parrot skull and crossbones is too funny. sadly or maybe not we're staying in cocoa beach, but i'm hoping for a oceanview and i may try to get up early and watch our ship come in, if i can find out what time she comes in.

What wonderful organization and ideas for the treasure hunt!

And - it looks like we have at least one "mark"... or rather .... one volunteer for the mickey ice cream eating contest. Frankly, if folks think this might be too disruptive or inappropriate - just PM me. Otherwise ! do we have any other spouses willing to volunteer their counterparts or kids?

:confused3

Just in case anyone has not seen the long range forcast for Cocoa Beach for our Embarkation...here is the latest...

Sep 1 Scattered T-Storms
91°/76° 60%
91°F

Fri
Sep 2 Scattered T-Storms
90°/76° 60%
90°F

Sat
Sep 3 Scattered T-Storms
90°/75° 30%
90°F

Scattered T-storms are the norm for FL this time of year so everything is looking good!

Just 7 days till we leave for WDW... :cool1:

Drcell01 said:
Just in case anyone has not seen the long range forcast for Cocoa Beach for our Embarkation...here is the latest...

Sep 1 Scattered T-Storms
91°/76° 60%
91°F

Fri
Sep 2 Scattered T-Storms
90°/76° 60%
90°F

Sat
Sep 3 Scattered T-Storms
90°/75° 30%
90°F

Scattered T-storms are the norm for FL this time of year so everything is looking good!

Just 7 days till we leave for WDW... :cool1:

Good News!!!! Lets hope it stays that way!!!
One week and one day before we leave!!! :hourglass

I am in the process of putting together the captains and teams. I am awaiting answers of 2 PMs. I am putting siblings in the same teams. If all 5 captains actually want to be captains, then we will have 5 groups, 4 with 3 and 1 with 4. I am not including the under 2's in the group as they will remain with their respective parents as they follow the kids on the hunt. All the parents may remain with their kids, or send one. We will need at least one adult with each group. I am going to send my DH with Skye's group and I'll get the loot bags. Captain will officially be our unofficial photographer of the event.
:teeth: I need one or 2 volunteers to send their spouse with their child or children and help me out with the loot bags. If everyone would bring their "loot" to the Promenade before the hunt begins, I and my volunteer(s) will get the bags sorted and ready for when the "pirates" arrive back at the Promenade.
:teeth: Does anyone have a DVD recordable camera that can catch "the fun" on DVD? :3dglasses

:wave2:

stuff bags w/ loot. As our group has grown some of my loot isn't sufficient to go all the way around but I'll have similar substitutes. Hopefully the kids will be so overjoyed at all their loot that they won't have time to compare exact matches.....

P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter