September 3, 2005 --- Who is going?

WendyK:

I think we would be "up" for a precruise gathering the nite before the cruise... however it sounds like you're going to be out by Port Canaveral. We're going to be in Orlando. Since we don't have family flying down to hang out we are now uncertain whether we'll do WDW on Friday.

We arrive in town on Thursday afternoon. Generally, we might have just spent friday visiting one of the "other" amusement parks or just swam, and gone shopping. My spouse generally prefers shopping at every opportunity for unscheduled time. After 20 years with her - I know how to add a little happiness to her days... just let her shop when-eveer she wants and keep what-ever she likes. That's part of what I told her Dad I would do right after I asked if I could have her hand in marriage. AND.... BTW.... to put this into the proper frame of reference... he closed that conversation by asking whether I was sure I could handle her?!

LOL!

So...OMAPCW.... I like the pirate humor.... but I'm no good with formal jokes so I don't have anything to reply with on that! But it's always welcome to share anything that brings a chuckle to the day, eh?

Disney Dad Jax... I think we might ALREADY have Pooter secretly working up something... but she asked that we keep it a secret surprise because the difficulty and uncertainty. As I understand it - the embarkation potential is low because so much is already going on with the characters and staff - so I suggested we try for something at the treasure hunt. So we are waiting for... developements. BUT ... don't say I said so... cuz it's supposed to kept sort of low key and secret... ya know... if we were to mention it again we're supposed to sort of ... whisper it - preferably in the shadows only too. AND remember... it's by no means a developement under any sort of predictable control. So.... "mums the word".... especially around our kids!

LOL! :disrocks: OK... so do you suppose we can stage a WHO CAN EAT a MICKEY ICE CREAM BAR the FASTEST contest at the treasure hunt? We can sort of have age catagories and we'll make humorous certificates procliaming "I survived" this or that..... so every participant gets something. Does this sound like fun? It wouldn't cost us anything with home made "certificate" awards (or similar) - All we need is time to prepare and tolerance from folks so we have enough guinea pigs ...(oops, er, rather) ... so we have enough enthusiastic participants. It might make for a few fun photo opportunities.... and quite possibly it would provide some enterprising spouses with fun photos for extortion leverage down the road! Imagine our young kids watching their parents raising a ruckus eating ice cream as fast as they can with everyone screaming (chanting) ... "???" whatever? We need a comittee to come up with a list of "approved" chants and appropriate "cat calls"! :banana:

Maybe we can set up a committee? ARE things growing out of hand yet? ... cuz I'm just getting started! :earboy2:

Captain:

We are staying at the Beach Club Villas. Drcell001 said that Margaritaville is at Universal, about a 15 minute drive.

Wendy

I went to the mall after work to go to the disney store to pick up some nick nack for the kids and the Disney store is closed!!!!

Do any of your kids do pin trading on the cruise??

:cool1: :cheer2: princess: :wizard:

Oh my gosh! You all have been busy posting today! Can you all do me a favor? If you have bought somthing for the Official pirate: Pirate Hidden Mickey ::MickeyMo Hunt please PM with the loot you have. I kind of have lost track of who is bringing what.

I'm looking into getting some plastic pirate cups from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5593908562&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1 for all the kids but the shipping is pretty high and I don't know if they'll get here in time. I'm waiting for a reply from the seller. They're awfully fun looking though! :banana:

itdjbw said:
Do any of your kids do pin trading on the cruise??

Both my kids do (DS 10, DD 7) . And they love it!! We just did it the first time last year, but now they are hooked!

clonefans said:
Both my kids do (DS 10, DD 7) . And they love it!! We just did it the first time last year, but now they are hooked!

Mine also started on our first cruise but I think I am as hooked as them and then don't want them to trade the pins I like!!!
Just need to remember to pack it all in with us.

Wendyk...

We will have a mini-van on Friday night and depending on how many of our family will be joining us at Margaritaville we might be able to give you a ride as we are staying at Pop Century. PM me with your cell number and I'll do the same.

itdjbw & clonefans...

I am a HUGE pin trader/collector and I will have quite a few pins (I wear a full size vest with Disney Pins plastered all over it) to allow your kids to trade. I started wearing this pin vest as I would always get children asking me to trade some very rare pins, from my little lanyard, for their Mickey pins and I hated to tell children that I could not trade with them. So now I have about 100+ pins on a pin trading vest and the Kids can trade with me for ANY pin on my vest. Please make sure that you have them come see me to trade.

FYI...I also work PT for the Disney Store. If anyone needs anything from the Disney Store just let me know. I'll be glad to pick it up prior to us leaving for FL. Please PM me with any requests and I'll explain about "what I pay for items" from the Disney Store.

Just 9 days till we leave for FL...WOO-HOO! :banana: :hourglass

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if we had a time for our Treasure Hunt yet. I know some people are going to be leaving for the parks earlier, and I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

Does anyone know if they keep the times for the events in the Clubs/Labs generally the same from cruise to cruise? I know for the 8-9 year olds on two of the old navigators I saw it listed Goofy Files (which I think is one of their big events - I know it is one my son was wanting to do since I think they go all over the ship and do investigating) from around 10:30 to noon. I didn't know if we had a time set yet or even for sure a date. Lisa, I know you are in charge and I definitely don't want to step on your toes. I just was wondering what the current plan was. Thanks

Robyn

Bob - thats awesome! My kids will be thrilled!!!! We will definitely be looking for you. It must be really fun having all the kids wanting to trade with you . The vest is a great idea!! I decided this year to make my kids pin trading books. Helps organize them a bit, as I the lanyards get too full sometimes!

itdjbw - Our kids will have to get together and find Bob!!! :)

Wow Bob, my kids love Disney pins. They will definitely be on the lookout for you. It is so nice of you to trade with the kids. I know my boys will love to.

Robyn

Oh well....

TO avoid being "left out" it looks like in addition to scrambling to make a couple of door signs I'll have to try and get started on the disney pin thing. I have been intrigued with the notion but ha not gotten around to it yet - and I know once I get started my daughter (and probably spouse) will have a great time.

So, count us "in" for consideration in sharing/trading pins.

Arrrdy ARRggh Arrrr pirate:

Yes, we were on the Sept 18 Magic last year. I think we rode the Rental Car shuttle together from Cape Canveral to the port.

Looking forward to a great cruise!

hey irish cowboy, welcome aboard, when i saw your movie question post and time frame of your cruise, i figured you were with us, you're in good company here we have four families that were affected by hurricane frances and at the two of you that got the hurricane jeanne treatment last year, we'll have a lot of stories for each other, i'm sure, and getting a discount sailing is kind of nice.

if anyone in the margaritaville tour group sees a pirate parrot flag at the restaurant, or is it a souvenir store that sells cheeseburgers, i heard that was the case in key west, i'm still going when i get there someday, anyway, if you would pick up the pirate parrot flag for me i'll get you back on board.

jordan is very excited that there are so many four year old boys, i know that zachary is one and he is trying hard to learn to say zachary, but what are the names of the other 4yos, and i hope that they enjoy role playing because he is someone different every day, so if your child comes out of the club and says that he is raphael, yoda or someone else, it's probably jordan's doing.

and i am picking up the chocolate coins for the hunt, i guess i'll pick them up on wednesday and try to keep them somewhere in the car that they don't melt.

disneyfanforever said:
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if we had a time for our Treasure Hunt yet. I know some people are going to be leaving for the parks earlier, and I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

Does anyone know if they keep the times for the events in the Clubs/Labs generally the same from cruise to cruise? I know for the 8-9 year olds on two of the old navigators I saw it listed Goofy Files (which I think is one of their big events - I know it is one my son was wanting to do since I think they go all over the ship and do investigating) from around 10:30 to noon. I didn't know if we had a time set yet or even for sure a date. Lisa, I know you are in charge and I definitely don't want to step on your toes. I just was wondering what the current plan was. Thanks

Robyn

It'll be seaday Monday...........I'll check old eastern navigators for the best time.......off to work

Pogopossum, Brady is another one of the 4 year olds on board. He loves to play pretend, and he definitely knows all of the characters you mentioned. He loves Yoda (that is who is on his lunch box) as well as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Bob, I love your vest. I am going to try to find our trading pins today. The boys love trading and I just need to remember to pack them.

This is going to be one incredible vacation.

Robyn

I already have the pirate loot bag and now I need to add the pin bag? (Bob I love the vest!) My kids love to trade as well and even grumpy DH is interested in that hobby (goes back to his days of matchbox cars kept in the boxes and never played with).

Don't know if you've ever experienced this but it's happened at least twice with both of my monsters...they'll approach someone to trade and want to trade the exact same pin that is already on their lanyard for the one on their lanyard. Their explanation (and it's hard to argue with) "I like all my pins and don't want to give them up but I still like to trade."

The road is no fun...I want to be packing! No new pirate gear yet but I've only seen airports and law offices (I suppose I could kidnap some opposing counsel as their behavior is similar to the worst of pirates) but I have 3 hours free in DT Chicago on Friday and am sure there will be something exciting there!!

Are we there yet?

P

omapcw1, your kids sound just like mine. They sometimes want to trade just to trade. And when they do trade for something different you would think they are making a decision that will affect them for the rest of their life with the thought they put into it.

Your comment about your DH and matchbox cars cracked me up. My grumpy DH has his old collection of Star Wars figures that he has locked up still in their original boxes of course.

Why won't these days go any faster?

Hey Guys!

Pogopossum: Kevie is another 4 year old. He is very excited knowing there are many boys his age. He love Power Rangers, Bat Man, and Ninja Turtles.
If we do go to Margaritaville, I'll be sure to pick up a flag for you, unless, you'd care to join us! :drinking1

Wendy

I knew we had a lot, but was really surprised when I went to order shirts and came up with like 6 size 4T's. That's not to mention a couple a size above or below. Cross your fingers everyone, the shirts come in tomorrow (hopefully) and then we will be in tie dye central. My boys are so excited about making these shirts....I sure hope they turn out OK.

Pogo...If it helps...we all call Zachary, Zachy...that may be easier, sometimes that "r" sound is difficult for little ones.

Take care!

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter