September 3, 2005 --- Who is going?

We will also be sailing on the 3rd, looking forward to it.
We are DH who will be celebrating his birthday on the 8th September, myself, DD age 11 and DS age 7.
:cool1: :cheer2: princess: :wizard:

Welcome Itdjbw :cheer2: :cheer2:

We have a few girls in that age group. I think a few boys too!

Drcell01:

How far is Margarittaville from the Beach Club? Cousin and I were planning on the kids club for Friday night and going to DTD. Margaritaville sounds fun! :cool1:

Wendy

Oh and we have late dinner.

Captaincrash, I think we have chatted on cruisecritics and I was on last years 4 nighter due to Frances.

Is there a meet and greet arranged, I have just skimmed over the boards but would love to meet.

:cool1: :cheer2: princess: :wizard:

Wendyk...

Margarittaville is over at Universal Citywalk. It is about 15 minutes drive up I-4 from WDW...a very easy drive and free parking at Universal Studios after 6 pm.

We hope you can join us!

Bob:

We won't be driving, but I guess we could catch a cab. I'll talk to Sheena tomorrow and let you know. Sounds like so much fun!

Wendy

not sure if they are with us or not, but i left a message for irishcowboy and mousebrat on a thread regarding what movies are playing right now. they said they were sailing in two weeks on the magic, which would put them on our cruise, i invited them over to this thread to check in. looks like we have dodged td#12, i think it is going to go up to the north atlantic from what the weather sites are saying. now keep those winds in africa until we get out to sea

Welcome aboard ITDJBW! :banana:

I must admit I don't recall all the folks we were chatting with on CC and the other boards we posted to last year - but as you know it was a unique experience last september, eh? I imagine we can swap some REAL STORIES with Pogopossom!? If only we were as well organized and enthusiastic last year. But for THIS year we have a really interesting thing going here. AND a hearty welcome again to our crazy little cult community! :dog2:

And on another note - we have switched out dining reservations to 1st seating. Plus our TA predictably said she could not swing a character meet. Well... I'm going to try to find out how to email or contact the ships' staff in advance. I find it mildly impresive that they had the DIS meets listed on the Navigator... and I imagine it must have had a pretty big community aboard. But that in no way says we are insignificant. If we roll aboard more kegs than the repoisitioning community then we are a higher profile bunch eh?

Seriously, I view 31 families as a measurable % of ships' cabin space - so we are not that insignificant at 100+ folks strong! You suppose if we staged a sit in protest at the Promenade lounge we would get Captain Mickey to visit with us to mediate? SO - as you know to negotiate successfully we need to go strong and ask for more then what we will settle for ... so I'll nominate myself as chief trouble maker... er rather... chief negotiator... and I'll open our "demands" with a request for each of our families to recieve a massage in cabin from a character like Captain Hook... or for the ladies who are so inclined... we'll get Tarzan... and I'll be prepared to "settle" for "not being thrown off the ship" as a fall-back position! :sunny:

OK... it's late and we had a really nice but busy day. I bought my girls 3 bags of cotten candy, 2 bags of kettle corn and an Obi-Wan-Kenobi light saber... so Julianna was in 7th Star Wars Heaven cradling her new light saber. And the 3 cotton candies... one was for Mom... and one was for daughters tonite and the 3rd was for sharing tomorrow. Kettle corn will spread out over three days most likely. I know - I'm a nut who will pay the piper in dental bills. But I tell you... it was worth it if only you could see the eyes and smiles from the 3 girls with such simple pleasures... except MOm actually gave me a moment of resistance when I decided to get the light saber... as she already has two in different colors.

So... please don't mark me as too psychotic for thinking we could stage a demonstartion on the cruise.... just for a private character meet. It's all in good fun... I hope. Now... at least I did not suggest negotiating for an in-cabin massage from any of the princesses or our dear cute characters?!? Ok, lets' not go THERE. :badpc:

SO... we are into a 1st shift of dining. Woo Hoo... and...... we finally have our DOCS! but no free upgrade. You know what... has ANYONE in our community on this sailing received a courtesy upgrade for the Sept 3rd trip? I don't recall seeing anyone mention it.

OK... gotta go get some rest... adios all til tomorrow....

Arrr... Arrr.... Arrr.... pirate:

Good morning everyone!

Captain, I am glad Julianna likes her Star Wars light saber. She will get along great with Brady because he too loves those things and has them in multiple colors. I haven't heard of any of us getting upgraded. That dream of the Walt Suite didn't happen for any of us I guess.

As far as the in-cabin massage, I would be just fine if Tarzan could do mine.

Welcome itdjbw, I have a DS that is 8 and there are several others around that age in our group. I believe our meet is at 3:00 on Saturday in the Promenade Lounge. Hope to see you there.

Robyn

WOW! Miss a day, miss a lot.... and I am learning Miss a Few Days, and the thread grows by pages :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

I have so much catching up to do... it's been so crazy here- with work, and birthdays, and we are getting ready for back to school while we pack for the cruise.

We've had 3 new families join the thread since I was here last, Wilson Family, tucker99 and itdjbw Welcome Aboard :wave2:

One is 4 yrs (very RED hair which makes it easy to spot her in any crowd of kids--and very shy).

Andy, it must be a red head thing, my 7 year old has red hair, and is extremely shy. If you see him, it will probably be his little red head peeking out from behind me :teeth:

I missed signing my kids up for the treasure hunt.... they seemed reluctant when I asked them about it, so I don't want to force them into it- they're pretty shy, and forcing them could backfire on me. Hopefully they will be okay at the DISMeet.... Bobby is very excited about meeting his 2 e-mail buds Alex and Luke; and Tommy talks constantly about meeting Tyler. You would think they've known each other their whole lives.

itdjbw, if your 7 year old DS would like to exchange e-mails with my 7 year old DS, drop me a PM. I will give you my e-mail address for the boys to write each other. We leave on Monday though, so Tommy may only get one or two notes out to your DS before then. But he's anything like my Tommy, the thought of getting his very own e-mail will have him over the moon! :cloud9:

Well, I better run, it feels like I am hijacking the thread with this monster post.

Bill (43), DW Vicki (39), DM Sandy, DD Autumn (14), DS Billy (9).

This will be our 8th Disney cruise and 2nd September sailing. We just hope for no storms this year.

We have late seating and have already booked Captain Nautica excursion for St Thomas.

Welcome aboard Bill!

Hope to see you guys at the meet and greet on Saturday.

Looks like we've got quite a group of DISers on board.

We have a DS9 too. Hopefully the boys will keep eachother busy so we can have some R & R!

Frank

Welcome Aboard Bill with your Irish Cowboy gang!!!!

And as a general reminder... our DIS meet is initially at 3PM, Promenade Lounge on deck 3 - between Lumieres' and Parrot Caye (aft of center). Then we get a fire drill at 4PM and following this everyone is invited to move on out to the "secret veranda" on Deck 7 aft. However, I am beginning to wonder how many people can FIT into this area. If we've added a few families to the last 31 total ... AND the head count rises from 104 to ??? say 110.... then I'm afraid we're going to have to sacrifice our pyrotechnic launchers off the fantail AND possibly the KEG array. :goodvibes I don't think everyone's gonna be smilin' like this icon!

But I guess standing room will be fine AND we will simply have to limit the surprise character visit to just ONE character ... and a skinny one at that.

Seriously, we don't have a charcter visit scheduled... yet. And it seems less than likely but we're trying to determine how to pull it off.

Anyways... I was thinking Irish Cowboy was posting to this thread for the first time. I glanced at last 100 of your last 500 postings and did not see any prior postings... so a hearty pirate welcome aboard mates!!!!! :grouphug:

ARrrr, Arrrr, ARRRRrrr, from the Captain Crash and everyone already here!!! pirate:

<it seems as we draw nearer to embarkation - my attitude is devolving into one of .... a pirate? And to think... my daughter routinely refers to me as Peter Pan and now look at me ... I'm becoming a captain hook sort! Uh-Oh! I think it was all that thinking about planning a "sit in" demonsration to open agressive "negotiations" for a character visit that gave rise to these "pirate" pirate: ARrdy Arrr ARRRsss > :goodvibes

Welcome IrishCowboy: Were you and your family on the 9/18/04 Magic -- back in PC on Friday, as Hurricane Jeanne was building up speed?

Looking forward to our growing DIS family.

Jan

Welcome IrishCowboy :wave2:
I'm sure your DS will meet at least one of my boys. I have one in the 8-9 group, and one in the 10-12 group.
We are 6 days away from leaving for our pre-cruise trip to WDW :cheer2: I can't wait, there's so much to do, so little time, and 3 work days ahead for me, when will I get it all done :confused3
No matter, in less than 2 weeks I expect to be sipping froo-froo drinks poolside, while my kids are occupied by the OL counselors.... aaahh the life :cloud9:

Wow!! Our group keeps getting bigger & bigger :banana: :banana:

I went to the mall this morning and picked up some funky looking pens to go with the notebooks. I also grabbed some candied whistles (just in case those horns don't work) :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Wendy

Well now WendyK....

If we're getting little horns, and whistles, and other noise makers for our Treasure Hunt.... then I'm afraid I'm going to have to start shopping for an Ebay auction lot of powered megaphones for our kids. Why mess around with the little stuff when we can just kick it up a notch to full powered noise-making!? :rotfl: Nothing less than the powered megaphones with hand held microphones on a coiled cord!!!! :faint:

Wow,... our kids are going to have so much stuff in the "treasure kitty" I'm beginning to think some of us adults are simply going to have to readjust our mental ages to 11 year olds (or less, depending on individual preferences) so that we can make use of all the stuff. Besides, the kids are going to have to probably bring EMPTY luggage for all their loot from the hunt?!!!

OK... maybe enuf is NOT enuf... that's coming from the kid (ME) that grew up with his very own TOY ROOM compared to my siblings who are 10-15 years ahead of me .... they used to get only ONE toy at Christmas because our family was "getting established" and frugal. Of course, being frugal is a good thing, eh? Especially to Stanley and Denko in that "...Next Door" book.

OK.. eunf rambling... I just wanted to chime in with a thank you Wendy for the additional contribution! This morining is a "lurking monring" for me... but I gotta run pretty soon for my lunch and out side errands. Gotta get one of the cars Smog certified to get the registration renewed. Boy... modern chores are a drag... what ever happened to the good old pirate days with lazing in a shaded hammock on a fine white sand beach, turquoise/emerald colored ocean and a pineapple half with that favorite drink with a little umbrella and funky straw? Plus the waiting massuse hut overlooking my hammock....?

Oh yeah... oops... gotta get lunch, get smogged.... register today... plus a dozen other things ... then pack.... and brush teeth and knock off another day til we fly to MCO! Then another nite til we board! Just can't wait to do a Leonardo De Caprio thing standing off the front of the Magic with arms outsretched and yelling what-ever he yelled in that cruise ship movie. Heh-hee-hee!

OK... Arrdy -- Arrrr ARRRR!!! pirate:

Captain:

You are too funny!! :rotfl2:
Megaphones. Great idea! I'm sure we'd get some kind of special appearance for our group if we had those!! :scratchin

Drcell01
Well, I booked kids nite out for the kids for Friday night. Sheena and I are free from 5pm onward. Turns out, that Margaritaville is Sheena's favorite place in Vegas! Looks like we might be joining you.
Anyone else up to a pre-cruise party the night before? Who can sleep anyways? :rockband: :drinking1 :dancer:

Wendy

Maybe Pooter can work something out with her son. Sounds like they might have some “connections”. :rolleyes1

Just a thought…

And can one of you on-line shoppers look for a case of earplugs...for us "grown-ups"?

Frank

Well, hubby comes home tonight and I have one large suitcase filled with loot, swim toys, sand toys and shoes ( I wonder what TSA will think???) and my road trip bag packed (except my Bismark outfit--any thoughts on what one should wear to a retirement party in ND for a state official??? it's got me stumped!). all of the kids stuff picked, washed and ironed and waiting to be thrown in a bag and I think that serves as suitably organized chaos to avoid the call by hubby to the insurance company.

Perhaps I'll find some fun pirate loot on my "Travels with Charlie." For those of you traveling for fun this week: I envy you with every fiber of my being.

My contribution for the day is my "best" pirate joke pirate: :

Why are pirates always grumpy?

They just aaaarrrrrrrrrrrhhhhh!

feel free to steal it.

Patricia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter