September 3, 2005 --- Who is going?

Hey everyone,

I'm off to watch the Magic sail from LA for the last time this year!! It will be sailing through the Panama Canal next Sunday 8-28-05. You can actually watch it go through in real time at the website pancanal. com
Only 2 more weeks! Yikes!!! :goodvibes

Welcome Wilson Family! Glad you joined in!

After checking out Lisa's new "loot" list, I've decided that our kids are going to be soooo spoiled (and happy and having fun!! :banana: ) Our kids are never going to want to come home (but of course neither will I)!

Ginny - I have been noticing under your Dis name you mention a "Konk Kooler" . And I keep wondering what it is... so now curiousity has gotten the best of me and I must ask you about it because it must be good !!!! :drinking:

Hi Everyone.... :wave:

I you have not PM'd me and would like for your child/children to have a T-Shirt please PM me their size ASAP!! Of course, as usual, I am last minute and wanting to get this done soon. If you could contact me by 6PM Sun night :hourglass I would appreciate it greatly. I will purchase everything except shirts tomorrw. Then, once I have final count and sizes I will do that Mon (after work and the boys first day of school). Thanks everyone!! Can't wait.

Thanks to everyone who is gathering such fun stuff for the kids!! pirate: I know that this attention to detial will make this trip loads of fun for the kids, and therefore us too. :)

Suzanne

picked up pirate party horns today.... Couldn't be avoided. I beg mercy in advance and suggest that if they fell into the tub or a glass of water they'd lose their ability to make noise. :smooth:

Sorry!!!!!

BTW, took the monsters to see Valient today. Had zero expectations and didn't really know what it was about but they love movies (and you get to put your own butter on your popcorn so I'd go see paint dry if I could get popcorn). It rocked!!!

DS8 is a history channel geek and I think he had a handle on what the movie was about. It was really well done and would be especially entertaining for the dads out there.

We thought that sky high was a winner and enjoyed March of the penguins but both kids said that this movie beat them both by a mile. Very well done. I highly recommend it.

clonefans said:
Ginny - I have been noticing under your Dis name you mention a "Konk Kooler" . And I keep wondering what it is... so now curiousity has gotten the best of me and I must ask you about it because it must be good !!!! :drinking:

Kim --

Ahhh the infamous Konk Kooler....it's a wonderful beverage that is available on Castaway Cay (or if you have the recipe, it's available at home)...it's rum, more rum, passionfruit juice, and some other tasty ingredients - all frozen and slushy...just perfect for sipping while floating on one of the Castaway Cay blue floats. I'm getting all happy just thinking about it!!!!! I highly recommend giving it a try!

My second favorite cruise drink is the "Bon Voyage"...it's half strawberry dacq. and half pina colada....(at Red Lobster it's called a Miami Vice).

Ginny :drinking:

Lisa: As a newbie to this thread, I wanted you to know I'd be glad to bring candy for the treat bags. My kids are 11 (daughter) and 7 (son). We'll plan on picking up some fun stuff when we get into Orlando earlier that week! Thanks for organizing this --- I didn't know there was a way to make a Disney cruise more fun but this entire group seems committed to that purpose!!
-Eva

well ginny since you've been to cc since we have, does the konk kooler still come in the conch shell cup on the island? on last year's frances cruise the one i got at dinner in pc came in a clear colored plastic cocoanut, it tasted great but was not the same as drinking one in a hammock on the family beach wqatching dd and the other kids out in the water.

omapcw1 said:
BTW, took the monsters to see Valient today. Had zero expectations and didn't really know what it was about but they love movies (and you get to put your own butter on your popcorn so I'd go see paint dry if I could get popcorn). It rocked!!!

DS8 is a history channel geek and I think he had a handle on what the movie was about. It was really well done and would be especially entertaining for the dads out there.

We thought that sky high was a winner and enjoyed March of the penguins but both kids said that this movie beat them both by a mile. Very well done. I highly recommend it.

Sky High is on the Magic now I think and Valiant played too so maybe when we sail? Wasn't someone going to call :listen: and inquire?

UPDATED
Lisa702...............1
Captaincrash........1 and toddler
clonefans............2
Disneydadjax.......3 and toddler
Mickeymaniac.......1
Disneyfanforever...2
WendyK...............2
Pogo...................2
Wilson Family........2

I'm thinking that age 12 and under is good. Of course your kids don't have to participate and if the adults with no kids want to participate or contribute, feel free.
Let me know if I left you off

jewelry......(taken care of) Captain and MickeyManiac
gold coins....plastic or chocolate (taken care of) disney and pogo
candy.....any kind you want (taken care of) clonefans and omapc
glow necklaces....maybe check Ebay (taken care of) omapc
plastic Pirate cups of some kind.....maybe check Ebay.........
pens for school
pirate flags (taken care of) omapc
stickers are always popular (taken care of) omapc
tees (taken care of) mom2
notebooks (taken care of) wendy
yoyos (taken care of) lisa
loot bags (taken care of) lisa
pencils (taken care of) lisa
superballs (taken care of) lisa
telescopes (taken care of) lisa and wendy
super balls (taken care of) lisa
sunglasses
tattoos (taken care of) lisa
Pirate horns..........Omapc
Milllion dollar doubloon bills........lisa
pirate rubber duckies for the wee ones (I have 4) Lisa

it's 8/21. Hubby gets back from deployment 8/24. I leave 8/24 on what has to be the worst series of business trips in the history of mankind...omaha to chicago to sanfran to louisville to bismark and don't get back until 9/1. I promised myself I'd have everything packed before hubby got home as we won't see each other and if he comes in to the family room in its current condition he'll have a meltdown (or more likely call the insurance company and report a tornado has hit the inside of our house...or perhaps a pack of hungry pirate motivated wolves have rampaged--either way it counts as a claim which to midwesterners is a fate worse than death).

Why is it so much more fun to read these boards, plan and shop than it is to pack? :confused3

Called for the movies and the agent said that these were the movies in current rotation:

a lot like love
brother bear
finding nemo
hitchhiker's guide ot the galaxy
herbie fully loaded
howe's moving castle
ice princess
the incredibles
ladder 49
national treasure
the pacifier
pooh's heffalump movie
pirates of the caribbean
princess diaries 2
sky high
valient

I like the movie lineup! :goodvibes

It's as if about half I have not seen yet! Of course - I probably will not catch more then 2 or 3 on the whole trip... and probably only the really late nite showings at that. :3dglasses

But... WOW... we seem to have so many contributions for the treasure hunt. It almost looks like we could open our own little gift shop on the ship! But I also look at it and muse about what else I could contribute. Then again.... when I told my spouse I had purchased 10-12 pounds of stuff for the kids (and parents) on ebay she sort of looked levelly at me and smiled in a way that sort of said... "you're a nut" (a nice nut... I hope). So it went unspoken that I would be lugging the box in my luggage.

SO... in spite of my spouse giving my the loving but critical eye.... I am still fishing for things and goodies to add to the kitty for the kids hunt.

Oh well... still no Pirate gear found locally. If I could kindly request to borrow a few of the pirate things for my daughter and a little for myself (eye patch, etc.). It's not much and I promise to sterileize the goods and return them in reusable condition (LOL). That is - if I don't come up with anything in the mean while locally. I stopped at a costume store just cuz I was driving by and the guy wanted $40 for a kids' pirate costume! And a lot more for an adult rig. I decided to keep shopping ebay ('cept time is running out to ship and receive). Heck... I'm still waitn' to get my cruise docs!

SO.... we have not packed yet. Yesterday was a bit off balance. Hopefully
today we'll pack a little. :rolleyes:

UPDATED Pirate Treasure Hunt
Lisa702...............1
Captaincrash........1 and toddler
clonefans............2
Disneydadjax.......3 and toddler
Mickeymaniac.......1
Disneyfanforever...2
WendyK...............2
Pogo...................2
Omapcw..............2
Wilson Family........2

I'm thinking that age 12 and under is good. Of course your kids don't have to participate and if the adults with no kids want to participate or contribute, feel free.
Let me know if I left you off

Loot
jewelry......(taken care of) Captain and MickeyManiac
gold coins....plastic or chocolate (taken care of) disney and pogo
candy.....any kind you want (taken care of) clonefans and omapc
glow necklaces....maybe check Ebay (taken care of) omapc
plastic Pirate cups of some kind.....maybe check Ebay.........
pens for school
pirate flags (taken care of) omapc
stickers are always popular (taken care of) omapc
tees (taken care of) mom2
notebooks (taken care of) wendy
yoyos (taken care of) lisa
loot bags (taken care of) lisa
superballs (taken care of) lisa
telescopes (taken care of) lisa and wendy
sunglasses
tattoos (taken care of) lisa
Pirate horns..........Omapc :p
Milllion dollar doubloon bills........lisa
squirtguns.........DON"T HATE ME....lisa :rotfl:
pirate rubber duckies for the wee ones (I have 4) Lisa

Captain
I got Skye's pirate costume from costumecrazedotcom. It was 11.95 and shipping. I don't know where they are located but we got it in just a couple of days. You can check them out. They are on MT so they are closer to you than me and thet ship the same day.

Lisa...I think I get off scott free for the horns by the addition of your squirtguns!! Thanks. I am absolved of all guilt. (bet your the mom that buys the drum set at christmas too!)

Captain: try the card factory outlet. They had a really cute little girls costume for $14.00.

Picked up some lipgloss for the girlies today...every good pirate girl needs to keep her lips moist at sea :rotfl:

omapcw1 said:
Lisa...I think I get off scott free for the horns by the addition of your squirtguns!! Thanks. I am absolved of all guilt. (bet your the mom that buys the drum set at christmas too!)

Captain: try the card factory outlet. They had a really cute little girls costume for $14.00.

Picked up some lipgloss for the girlies today...every good pirate girl needs to keep her lips moist at sea :rotfl:

I just figured they went well with your horns........hey a kid has gotta have fun!
And actually I did buy my son a drum set for his 2nd Christmas........a long time ago........AND I will never make that mistake again! But I am the one who buys the noisiest, most fun toys for my niece and nephews! Just wait until I have grandkids! :rotfl2:

Wow, my kids are going to think they have won the lottery. They have no idea all the loot they are going to receive. This is going to be a wonderful vacation. I think I have created a monster with my 4 year old and these photo albums. It all he wants to do. He keeps saying that we need to get back to work on the computer and make more covers. He is becoming as crazed as me. He likes to lay them all out and name everyone on the covers (over and over). He is actually bothering me right now so I have to go. Again, if you have any special requests regarding characters (I don't want any kids devastated if they don't get the characters they want) just pm me.

Robyn

Hi All:

We're bringing our two daughters - One is 4 yrs (very RED hair which makes it easy to spot her in any crowd of kids--and very shy). The second is 3 yrs old...she is just the opposite. She walks up to kids near her age all the time to start a conversation (but gets upset when they don't answer!).

I'm sure they will stick together like glue at first.

This is our first Disney cruise and we're really looking forward to it. Grandparents are coming along as well...

A little about myself...I work for a very well known humanitarian organization based in Washington D.C, I love being on the water (had to sell my sailboat when I moved here from Connecticut), and going from place to place without packing and unpacking, so cruising is just ideal for me.

We are a little concerned about the dining arrangements. We have late dining, and the girls are usually too tired to eat by then!

--Andy

Welcome tucker99! We have a great group here with lots of fun things planned for the cruise. Feel free to join in. Everyone is super nice and fun on this board. I have a little boy who is 4, and there are several in that age range in our group.

Robyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter