September 3, 2005 --- Who is going?

Now for the treasure hunt, it would def be more fun to keep it Pirate pirate: themed. So lets do it the sea day before Pirate pirate: night. So that would be Monday right? Where is my Passporter when I need it? Do I have a volunteer for someone to get the jewelry for the loot? Maybe skull rings and mardi gras beads, something that would appeal to both girls and boys. Suzanne did you volunteer to do tees? This is going to be fun!

Wow, this is getting so exciting.

My 4 year old, Brady, and myself are having the best time printing out covers for our photo albums. Brady thinks it is best if we have hardly any duplicate covers because he absolutely loves picking out clipart and printing different ones. Does anyone have a kid that has a favorite character that they just would love to have on the cover? I am making all kinds. Basically, I have pink, blue, purple and green little 4x6 photo albums (I think they hold about 60 pictures). We are printing covers out on cardstock that will cover a majority of the front cover. I think they are looking pretty cute. On the cover they say "A Cruise Filled With Magical Moments" then characters pictures appear underneath that. Then underneath the character pictures, it says "Cruising on the Disney Magic - September 2005" What do you guys think? Is my phrasing okay? Now I am doubting myself. It is right to say "Cruising on the Disney Magic" isn't it, you don't say "Cruising In the Disney Magic"? Did I spell everything correct? As far as characters, we have everything from mickey and his crew to princesses to lilo & stitch to villains to Kim Possible. Let me know if your kid has a specific preference (just PM me or post here). I am planning on letting them pick which one they want on the DIS Meet at 3:00. I think it will be nice for them to have a little photo album that is all theirs. Wow, I have rambled on way too long.

Robyn

MickeyManiac said:
Count my DS in. This sounds like so much fun. I'm volunteering to bring the jewelry. Great idea everyone. pirate:

Great!
I've been busy all morning on this. So far we have 9 kids participating. I've made a list of suggestions for loot. We now need volunteers for

gold coins....plastic or chocolate
candy.....any kind you want
glow necklaces....maybe check Ebay
plastic Pirate cups of some kind.....maybe check Ebay.........oh just found these awesome pirate cups on ebay......http://cgi.ebay.com/6-24oz-PLASTIC-...oryZ3200QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
don't know how many kids yet though....
I'll order some loot bags, pencils,..........I already forgot what I had in my shopping cart! Oh yeah, pirate yoyos, pirate superballs, some more tattoos, and telescopes. Oh and I found some million doubloon bills on Ebay that I'll get too!
I think we have like 26 kids 12 and under, not including the babies. Well gotta get this stuff ordered and hope it gets here on time. Well since I live 2 hours from the port, I have 14 days for it to arrive! If anyone has any other ideas, jump in! :wave2:

I'll bring the gold coins! My kids are absolutely going to love this. I think Monday would be great to do it on as well.

Robyn

DisneyDadJax said:
Wow! We've had almost a hundred posts in less than a week. Are we anxious?

Hope Skye's feeling better!

Frank

Thanks Frank for your kind words. Skye now has the cough and sneezing! Still a slight fever too.

We'll get the beads.... :wave2:

(edited insertion -> :dog2: ) Well... now.... I just looked back and saw that Maniac has also volunteered jewelry - and here I am having fixated on Mardi Gras necklaces - well we would like to contribute 10+ pounds of Mardi Gras beaded necklaces. Just got them on ebay (clean and new - I noticed some listings were for USED necklaces.... yuck!) - hope they get here in time from New Orleans! I imagine they will ship monday - and if they do better than my cruise docs we'll have something to contribute. I think there will be enough in my box to have something for almost everyone who would like a little something festive and fun spirited. Frankly I don't know how many will come in a 10-12 pound bunch but it looks pretty substantive. :flower:

Hi all!
Since it will take time for shopping etc for the kids pirate: loot, I'm going to put a deadline :hourglass on signing up for kids participation by Monday at 4 pm. So far I have the following kids by DIS names

Lisa702...............1
Captaincrash........1 and toddler
clonefans............2
Disneydadjax.......3 and toddler
Mickeymaniac.......1
Disneyfanforever...2

I'm thinking that age 12 and under is good. Of course your kids don't have to participate and if the adults with no kids want to participate or contribute, feel free. :teeth:

jewelry......(taken care of)
gold coins....plastic or chocolate (taken care of)
candy.....any kind you want (taken care of)
glow necklaces....maybe check Ebay (taken care of)
plastic Pirate cups of some kind.....maybe check Ebay.........oh just found some awesome pirate cups on ebay
pens for school
pirate flags (taken care of)
stickers are always popular (taken care of)
sunglasses

these are just ideas and we won't get everything of course and if you think of anything just add it in

Okay the stuff I bought a couple weeks ago includes:

eye patches
144 gummie skeletons
12 pirate hackie sacs
2 dozen glow in the dark necklaces and 2 doz bracelets
pirate stickers
pirate flags
24 lanyard lightsticks (the chemical glow things)
and 5 princess type light up necklaces w/ batteries

let me know if I need more of anything...I should make a trip to nobbies this weekend.

This is going to be GREAT!!!! Anyone else getting too excited? :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The kids are going to love this. Remember to PM me kids t-shirt sizes and say a little prayer I find a creative streak and a few extra hours!!

Robyn...THAT SOUNDS GREAT!!!!! You are really doing a lot of work!! I know my boys will really appreciate it!!

Two weeks from tonight....the van will be packed and we will be ready to roll come theAM (I hope)

Suzanne

Well Lisa702.....

Funny that you should ask... I just walked in from picking up the kids from preschool and my spouse informs me our TA just called. She just got our docs. Evidently on the 9th DCL sent them to our TA - but it went to the TA HQ in Washington and only now did it make its' way to our TA... so she is express shipping them to us. I guess this means tuesday. Oh well. That's how it goes.... eh?

:goodvibes

captaincrash said:
Well Lisa702.....

Funny that you should ask... I just walked in from picking up the kids from preschool and my spouse informs me our TA just called. She just got our docs. Evidently on the 9th DCL sent them to our TA - but it went to the TA HQ in Washington and only now did it make its' way to our TA... so she is express shipping them to us. I guess this means tuesday. Oh well. That's how it goes.... eh?

:goodvibes

YEA!!!! The case of the missing DOCS SOLVED!!!!!!

Mom2boyz2000 said:
This is going to be GREAT!!!! Anyone else getting too excited? :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The kids are going to love this. Remember to PM me kids t-shirt sizes and say a little prayer I find a creative streak and a few extra hours!!

Robyn...THAT SOUNDS GREAT!!!!! You are really doing a lot of work!! I know my boys will really appreciate it!!

Two weeks from tonight....the van will be packed and we will be ready to roll come theAM (I hope)

Suzanne

Um......... :rolleyes1 no excitement here......... :rolleyes1 Off from work today and ONLY checked this thread like EVERY 5 minutes!...........well maybe thats not entirely true.....EVERY 10 minutes! :banana: :rotfl: :Pinkbounc

Captain- Since you have 10+ lbs of beads (sounds like plenty to me) :earseek: I'll look around for other jewelry type stuff. - rings, earrings and such. And thanks for ordering the "new" beads. I hate to think about anything "used" from Mardi Gras. YUCK!

Glad you found your docs. I was starting to fear for the UPS man's safety :rotfl2:

Lisa- Is Skye feeling better? I hope so.

lisa702 said:
I was hoping to accomplish getting some things done on my days off (Th and Fri) but Skye has been home sick since Tuesday with a viral infection and fever. :cold:

Lisa,
I hope Skye feels better soon!

Ginny

disneyfanforever said:
It is right to say "Cruising on the Disney Magic" isn't it, you don't say "Cruising In the Disney Magic"? Did I spell everything correct? As far as characters, we have everything from mickey and his crew to princesses to lilo & stitch to villains to Kim Possible. Let me know if your kid has a specific preference (just PM me or post here). I am planning on letting them pick which one they want on the DIS Meet at 3:00. I think it will be nice for them to have a little photo album that is all theirs. Wow, I have rambled on way too long.
Robyn

Robyn,
Thanks for making these, kids will really enjoy getting them :) !! I think you are right about saying "Cruising on the Disney Magic" instead of "in". Spelling looks good!

Sounds like a lot of fun for the kids. I picked up mini telescopes and little rainbow notebooks for the kids.

Lisa:
Did you get loot bags? They have some at our party store with Pirates on them. Maybe I should grab them? Let me know and I'll run tomorrow.

Wendy

This is my first post--- our cruise has been scheduled since last November and I've been reading this thread for months. Our kids keep urging me to join in (dd is 11 and ds is 7) so I'm giving in!! You all sound like you're as excited for the trip as we are and it's been fun reading about everyone and the neat plans! Hope to meet you all. We also haven't gotten our documents yet and I'm hoping it's just because Colorado's a ways away from Florida. If they're not here by Monday, I'm taking the advice of calling to beg for their delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter