September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Just checked online for activities.

I was able to get a Palo dinner for the last night, I figured that way we didn't miss any dining room, was hoping for Palo Brunch for the at sea day, but there was no availability.

Of course, no cabanas left, so I guess we will just be looking for the shade.

I was then kicked off with an internal server error, so I didn't finish online check-in, but that's no big deal, I can do that at any time.

Looking forward to seeing you all in September.

I also was able to get Palo, at 1st I booked it for the 1st night of the cruise and I thought of the dining rotations and changed it to the last night, so we didn't miss any of the restaurants!!:thumbsup2

I was also able to get a couples cabana massage and Jet-skiing excursion my DH and I wanted, so a very early, and productive morning this has turned out to be!:banana:

If I wanted to request a specific dining rotation, would I contact Member Services or DCL directly?? It really doesn't matter just curious.

Got Palo for our anniversary (10/1) and 11am port arrival. So tired now. It's gonna be a long day.

If I wanted to request a specific dining rotation, would I contact Member Services or DCL directly?? It really doesn't matter just curious.

I've always been told that it has to be done through your reservation agent, in this case DVC. I do it for every cruise. They won't guarantee it but I've gotten my request every time.

Glad to see you all getting most of what you wanted. If you weren't able to get Palo
be sure to go directly to Palo when you board and they should be able to set you up. ALSO it's so nice to see good Conversation/info exchange on this thread again.:goodvibes:

Glad to see you all getting most of what you wanted. If you weren't able to get Palo
be sure to go directly to Palo when you board and they should be able to set you up. ALSO it's so nice to see good Conversation/info exchange on this thread again.:goodvibes:

I will only post conversation/info because I absolutely refuse the participate in the drama. I don't do it in life, and I won't do it online!

Another question - when I went to do my online registration this morning and was inputting info on our flights, it wouldn't let me choose Disney Transportation as our method of getting back to MCO after the cruise.

I purchased DCL r/t transfers because the port-bound bus didn't indicate that it was picking up at MCO and I wanted to get there as soon as possible.

Any ideas?

I did e-mail to DCL, but I have no idea how long it will take to hear back from them.

I also lost the FB page that I was active on. I did send a request to be added to the new page.
I sincerely hope all this works out and everyone can get along or at least agree to disagree, I wasn't involved with the FE and really glad I wasn't after reading some of the posts.
So here's to a few adult beverages and having fun on our very first Disney cruise. I'm anxious to see how DCL compares to RCI & Carnival. We have sailed many times on both lines and really like both lines.
We will be at BWV for 4 nights before the cruise. I'm one of those that wishes the cruise was 7 nights instead of 4......
I finally have airfare, park passes, dining plan, transfers all taken care of. The only thing I have to do is on line check in with DCL. But since this is our for cruise with them I can't do that until 7/16.
Looking forward to this cruise and meeting lots of happy friendly fellow DVC members.
Karen (& Joe) Freeman
Crestwood, IL (south suburbs of Chicago)

With the dining rotations, does everyone always repeat on the 4th night?

The last couple 4 night cruises we were on, night 2 and night 3 were in the same restaurant, the fourth night was not the repeat.

Edited to add: going back through more paperwork, some 4 days had a different rotation. I have sent a message to DCL asking for clarification, and will post again when I receive an answer.

Last time we were on Castaway Key, there was a 5K run. Does anyone know if they are still doing them?

Just heard back from Concierge. The current rotation for a four night cruise is for nights 3 and 4 to be in the same restaurant. However, the dining rotations have not been finalized for the Member cruise, and may be different (since this is a charter). He will let me know as soon as the final determination is made. I will post an update when I hear back from him.

Last time we were on Castaway Key, there was a 5K run. Does anyone know if they are still doing them?

We did the Castaway Cay 5k on our June 15 cruise a couple weeks ago, so they are still going on; just not sure if the Member Cruise will have different activities on the island. We were on the Member Cruise in 2011, but we weren't really into running back then! The 5k this time was really fun; very hot and humid in mid June, but totally worth it.

My guess is the 5k will be the day they do not do the group picture.

I'm not sure they do a group picture anymore - at least they didn't on the January Member Cruise. Don't know if that was because it was a day shorter, or not. We got a voucher for a free picture at Shutters.

I'm not sure they do a group picture anymore - at least they didn't on the January Member Cruise. Don't know if that was because it was a day shorter, or not. We got a voucher for a free picture at Shutters.

OK. In 2007 they did it on the second CC day. I am lloking forward to see who they bringing onto the ship this time.

Do they tell you ahead of time who will be on the cruise (as far as Disney celebs)? If so, would they autograph something I bring? Like a Playbill, if applicable?

Do they tell you ahead of time who will be on the cruise (as far as Disney celebs)? If so, would they autograph something I bring? Like a Playbill, if applicable?

In the past, they did not announce their special guests ahead of time (other than Ducky Williams and Bill Farmer on the most recent September cruise). In January, we had a wonderful group of performers from Broadway (part of the Disney on Broadway group) that performed as the main event. One of the performers had some cd's for sale in one of the shops, and happened to come into the shop when we were there. He talked with all of us there, and signed the cd's we were purchasing and took pictures with us (that he eventually posted on his FB page). I don't know if anyone asked to get anything else signed, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he signed anything he was asked. He was a very personable, down to earth man. Actually, some of these same performers are going to be at the D23 event this year. Really wish I could go see them again.

Hi, my name is Tara and this is my very first post on Dis Boards....though I have been reading it for years.
Anyway, the reason for my post is I was wondering if there will be any single people cruising on the 9/29 DVC Member Cruise? I will be cruising with my parents whom I will be spending most of my time with but they tend to go to bed early. :)
Anyway, if not, no big deal. But please come and say hello if you see a blonde sitting at the bar by herself. ;)

Hi MsTara. I am cruising with my mom and brother and we are all single. He is 34 and I am 42. We love staying up late. Looking forward to meeting you and all the other single folks out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter