September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Hi Meg,
We are also in concierge and put in our requests to shore side a couple days before. They screwed up our dining ressies, which we fixed, but they did get the cabana we asked for.
Hope to see you guys in the lounge. This should be a great cruise.

Hi Johnny,

Do I also see that you guys are from NJ? I'm a Somerset girl myself. :)

Glad that you got your reservations taken care of.

We did put in a few request with the shore concierge team and when I logged in at midnight they are all booked for us. We booked a bunch of first for us - Palo's brunch on sea day, Remy's dinner plus a cabana on the 2nd day at CC. Very happy with our ressies and now cannot wait for this trip! :cool1:

The only thing was we haven't been able to check-in. Will try again today with hopefully better luck. :surfweb:

Have you traveled concierge before? This is a first for us but we definitely plan to be in the lounge a bit of I'm sure we'll see you. :goodvibes

meg

Hi Johnny,

Do I also see that you guys are from NJ? I'm a Somerset girl myself. :)

Glad that you got your reservations taken care of.

We did put in a few request with the shore concierge team and when I logged in at midnight they are all booked for us. We booked a bunch of first for us - Palo's brunch on sea day, Remy's dinner plus a cabana on the 2nd day at CC. Very happy with our ressies and now cannot wait for this trip! :cool1:

The only thing was we haven't been able to check-in. Will try again today with hopefully better luck. :surfweb:

Have you traveled concierge before? This is a first for us but we definitely plan to be in the lounge a bit of I'm sure we'll see you. :goodvibes

meg

This is our first cruise in concierge and they made it very easy to get our bookings. We also are doing Palo Brunch. You won't be disappointed, it's a fabulous meal. We've brunched on both the Dream and Fantasy...love them both.

Yes we plan to take advantage of the lounge as much as possible so I'm sure we will meet many times. Can't wait.

There is room available on our bus charter right now as 6 seats in each direction have become available due to a change in plans.

Anyone interested please post your requests on this thread and I will put your name on those seats.

Thanks,
Jim

DH (Bob) and I booked yesterday as my 50th birthday present.

We booked a 9B on Deck 2. Haven't cruised with DCL since 2003, but we are really looking forward to member cruise.

I am a little concerned about a cruise "to nowhere," since DH isn't really a beach person, but maybe he can relax.

I will keep my fingers crossed that we might be able to pick up a cabana. A little bike riding and some walking might keep him entertained.

I am really looking forward to the special onboard activities.

See you soon!

Beverly

Haven't been on this thread much lately but now that our last trip before the cruising is done we can concentrate on cruise planning. :cool1:

Anybody know what the current Castaway Club gift is?

Haven't been on this thread much lately but now that our last trip before the cruising is done we can concentrate on cruise planning. :cool1:

Anybody know what the current Castaway Club gift is?

Welcome back :cheer2:

At the end of April, the Castaway Club gift was still the blue DCL back pack, 2 pkgs of mickey cheese crackers, Castaway Club key chain. We are gold, so also got a luggage strap, pkg of note cards and a bound journal with pen.
The last luggage strap we got was black with red, this one was black with blue.

This will be the first cruise with DW without the kids since our honeymoon. :cool1: We're going to take in a couple of days at SSR before the cruise and get a chance to do the Epcot Wine & Food Festival before we board the ship!

Apologies if this was already covered in the thread (I'm new to DISboards): are there any formal nights during the MC?

Hello and Welcome to the new posters! I am an old:) disboard person, but a newbie for the DVC and Member Cruises, but I actually know the answer to the formal question! No, there is no Formal night.

There are lots of "seasoned veterans" here, so they will able to answer any of your questions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone IRL- or as the kids say In Real Life!:beach:
Deb and Jed

Hi Everyone! I'm new at all this forum thing. Going on my first member and would like to know what to expect. Thanks:cool1::cool1:

I found this thread yesterday and I have to say I have read it from beginning to end :) you all sound like a wonderful group! I have never posted anything before so this is all new to me; DH and I will be on this cruise and it will be our very first cruise ever so I am searching for all kinds of information and it feels like I stumbled upon the right place, I hope there is room on here for one more....

Welcome to all the new comers! :yay:

Lexbelle-- the member cruise is a lot like a regular cruise but there are more special guests with 'seminars' (can't think of a better word) or events which you can choose to attend or not. It is mainly adults, the Member Cruise was the first time in 6 DCL cruises that I had ever seen the Mickey pool empty. There is a pirate night but no formal night. DH and I did dress up for Palo dinner one evening though. You will also receive gifts in your cabin every day which is pretty cool so make sure you have extra room to bring it all back.

Welcome Corbe4 and Lexbelle :dance3: It's nice to have you onboard.
For any questions or info you need, you are in the right place, someone will be able to provide answers.

RatherBeWithMickey:
I am in the general FE group. I was rather hoping it would get split. Less stressful to deal with packing & transporting for a smaller group of 10-15 staterooms IMHO. Hollywood Glitter is keeping track of the Main FE and indicated that when the list hit 25 the group would decide whether to split, so we shall see.

ALSO: I see you are from Central PA - us too. :goodvibes

RatherBeWithMickey:
I am in the general FE group. I was rather hoping it would get split. Less stressful to deal with packing & transporting for a smaller group of 10-15 staterooms IMHO. Hollywood Glitter is keeping track of the Main FE and indicated that when the list hit 25 the group would decide whether to split, so we shall see.

ALSO: I see you are from Central PA - us too. :goodvibes

Yeah, my max is about 10. I would rather have a small group, where I can spend a little bit more but not break the bank. And I just don't have space for more than that, especially on a Member Cruise. No matter how much extra space I leave in our bags, we still end up struggling to get it all home. Last year we went to WDW after the cruise, and ended up getting some boxes from the store at the villas and shipping some stuff home. My DH was not amused, lol. ;)

Wow! Great to see some new posters joining us for this cruise.

:welcome: Everyone!

corbe4 glad you posted. There's always room for one more!

Hollywood glitter: please count us in with those who wish to split the FE. It's close to 25 now but my count may be off if any cabins are combined for one gift.

Lexbelle - you're in luck. DVC Deernut has been on about half a dozen member cruises. He posted a detailed description a while back on this thread. I'll have JQ link it to the first page for easy reference.

disneyeveryyear - I'll keep my fingers crossed on that cabana for you! We're not beach people either but the options seem endless on this cruise.

I'll have to post some castaway cay pictures soon to get us all in the mood for a double dip!!

Can't wait.

btw - just a reminder we had 6 seats open up on our member's cruise bus if anyone needs a ride. WDW to port outbound and port to MCO and WDW return. check page 1 for details.

Yeah, my max is about 10. I would rather have a small group, where I can spend a little bit more but not break the bank. And I just don't have space for more than that, especially on a Member Cruise. No matter how much extra space I leave in our bags, we still end up struggling to get it all home. Last year we went to WDW after the cruise, and ended up getting some boxes from the store at the villas and shipping some stuff home. My DH was not amused, lol. ;)

I would be interested in joining the FE group if it was around 10. I would also be interested in an adult only group since my husband and I don't have kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter