September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Hello everyone! My family and I are currently booked on this sailing (rebooked while on our 1st DCL on the Fantasy in May). Whats this I'm reading about the dates being blocked online. I didnt ready too far back so I havnt found the original post. Were not 100% on this date yet but I don't know if I want to continue to plan around these dates for Oct festivities in DW if its possible for a change. If anyone can clairify or fill me in that would be great.

Jennifer

BTW I just downloaded the DIS APP. Wish it was around last cruise.

So I booked a room at AKL using my DVC points as if I am delaying the cruise a week at the advice of my friend who is getting married. I think that is good advice since our cruise is still does not show on the website.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So I booked a room at AKL using my DVC points as if I am delaying the cruise a week at the advice of my friend who is getting married. I think that is good advice since our cruise is still does not show on the website.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thats funny. yesterday I booked a 2 bdrm AKL concierge for 1 night precruise for 9/28. Just to hold it in case we drive down and don't stay at the hyatt.

I hesitated based on everything going on, but decided to go ahead and reserve something in hopes we're still a go.

Oh I debated if I should have something for this cruise, but since you still can't book it, I figure it's getting cancelled. This week our vacation bid is due at work. I am not going to bid for this cruise

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Hello everyone! My family and I are currently booked on this sailing (rebooked while on our 1st DCL on the Fantasy in May). Whats this I'm reading about the dates being blocked online. I didnt ready too far back so I havnt found the original post. Were not 100% on this date yet but I don't know if I want to continue to plan around these dates for Oct festivities in DW if its possible for a change. If anyone can clairify or fill me in that would be great.

Jennifer

BTW I just downloaded the DIS APP. Wish it was around last cruise.

Welcome to our cruise Kerry Family!!!:cheer2: If you read back on this thread you'll see where our sail date has disappeared off the DCL website. We have been able to learn that our ship is chartered - either as a DVC member cruise 0r thru some other group but nothing has been finalized. So here we sit in limbo waiting................waiting.............waiting........... for the official word.

If you reschedule now, you may lose any potential incentive offers the cruise has given upon rebooking guests in the past under similar circumstances.

Hope this didn't confuse you too much!

Good morning everyone. Welcome to KerryFamily04 :hug:

I was thinking, we should name this cruise "The Ghost Ship" :rotfl: We know it's there, but we just can't grasp it. We can "see" it's presence, but can't touch it. It's just kind of out there dangling in the mists of DCL somewhere.
We can only hope that it one day re-incarnates itself into something wonderful and fulfilling.

Just got off a 3 night cruise on the dream. Booked another cruise to get the 10 percent deal whilst onboard and asked about this 29th september cruise. Person said it was a private charter but the usual story nothing confirmed. Still not taking any new bookings but current bookings can amend etc. all very odd...

So if its changed to a DVC member cruise (I'm a DVC member too) do I still get to keep my reservation or I get bumped or we don't really know the details till DCL decides to tell is. I just figured this out by reading everyone's posts and now I'm kinda annoyed so I can only imagine how your all feeling knowing the "Ghost Ship" is in limbo.

And I just like to say again having the app is so much easier to communicate with this thread. Sorry a little excited I've only had it for a couple day.

So if its changed to a DVC member cruise (I'm a DVC member too) do I still get to keep my reservation or I get bumped or we don't really know the details till DCL decides to tell is. I just figured this out by reading everyone's posts and now I'm kinda annoyed so I can only imagine how your all feeling knowing the "Ghost Ship" is in limbo.

Assuming it's DVC, the question of whether you can keep an existing cash rsvp without any change in price or cabin and remain onboard has yet to be answered. I've researched and inquired directly to no avail.

Our ghost ship is wrapped in a shroud of mystery!!! Welcome Aboard!!

poison ivy said:
Assuming it's DVC, the question of whether you can keep an existing cash rsvp without any change in price or cabin and remain onboard has yet to be answered. I've researched and inquired directly to no avail.

Our ghost ship is wrapped in a shroud of mystery!!! Welcome Aboard!!

Well this should be interesting. Just sit back and wait and see. Hope to know by Jan that when the Husband has to pick vacation.

I had to pick my 2013 vacation(s) today. Luckily, I have 25 days to use, so besides the April Cruise, I locked in days for the September cruise, then put in for days that would coincide with my next preference for a cruise in case we have to change dates. This whole thing stinks. DCL either needs make this a DVC/chartered cruise or move it to another date. Don't keep us in limbo any longer.

Henlady said:
I had to pick my 2013 vacation(s) today. Luckily, I have 25 days to use, so besides the April Cruise, I locked in days for the September cruise, then put in for days that would coincide with my next preference for a cruise in case we have to change dates. This whole thing stinks. DCL either needs make this a DVC/chartered cruise or move it to another date. Don't keep us in limbo any longer.

I know I just said it but for the first time in 10 years management has the act in gear and are 2 months ahead of schedule. Husband called today and asked what 4 weeks he should pick. Now I really don't know what to say. Hopefully seniority will help when it comes to changes later.

We are currently biding our vacation right now. I am doing my bid as this cruise does not exist. I know depressing for some. I get 4 weeks so I am biding for 2 weeks in May for the Wonders Panama cruise and two weeks in Oct for my friends "Dream" wedding and Food and Wine.

aan1701 said:
We are currently biding our vacation right now. I am doing my bid as this cruise does not exist. I know depressing for some. I get 4 weeks so I am biding for 2 weeks in May for the Wonders Panama cruise and two weeks in Oct for my friends "Dream" wedding and Food and Wine.

Good luck with your bids. He jumped to the top of seniority and has the most weeks in his department this year. I guess that's why it's so early. There isn't and guys left with 30+ years and 6+ weeks of vacation.

Just wanted to share a mini movie review. If you are a fan of James Bond, like me, go see Skyfall. It maybe the best Bond mover ever. For me, and I have read all the Fleming books and own all 22 movies, it hard to decide between this and Thunderball.

Just wanted to share a mini movie review. If you are a fan of James Bond, like me, go see Skyfall. It maybe the best Bond mover ever. For me, and I have read all the Fleming books and own all 22 movies, it hard to decide between this and Thunderball.

My son saw it this weekend and said it was really good. We're hoping to catch it but it's been awhile since we went to the movies. I believe the last time was to see the Avengers.

BTW i read your post to the Sept 29???? thread and don't know how your friend is dealing with this. I agree it's taking way too long now.

poison ivy said:
My son saw it this weekend and said it was really good. We're hoping to catch it but it's been awhile since we went to the movies. I believe the last time was to see the Avengers.

BTW i read your post to the Sept 29???? thread and don't know how your friend is dealing with this. I agree it's taking way too long now.
I saw it twice in 24 hours. That's how good I thought it was. My friend is just as frustrated as the rest. One main reason is her grandparents need a accessible room as well as my mom. When it does come time to change DCL better have accessible rooms open or there will be more problems. It's really a long story on what's going on in regards to the wedding.

I saw it twice in 24 hours. That's how good I thought it was. My friend is just as frustrated as the rest. One main reason is her grandparents need a accessible room as well as my mom. When it does come time to change DCL better have accessible rooms open or there will be more problems. It's really a long story on what's going on in regards to the wedding.

He saw it twice over the weekend as well. It was mainly because he missed the last 20 mins the first time and wanted to catch it again.

I agree with the rooms situation. So far, I have fared better when speaking with the DVC vs DCL on this whole issue. Both have emphasized they are VERY aware of all of us. We have similar concerns about our rooms as far as they're handpicked for a reason and all connected. We booked a year ago for this purpose.

As I've said before, all of us here had very special and unique plans which prompted our early rsvps. I have made this point to the company emphatically, along with how all the additional travel and lodging plans surrounding our group are now in jeopardy as a result of their inaction on this. I have asked repeatedly they consider simply leaving us alone. I am still praying they honor this.

You know at one point during one of my many conversations, I was asked if we were part of a wedding? At the time I assumed they were referring to Danielle but I now wonder if that had to do with your group?

It may have, I don't know. All I know is at this point, even if this dies somehow magically reappear for revenue sailing, I won't be on it. I have vacation bided, a room before and after at AKL all set for the 10/6/13 4 night sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter