September 29, 2012 - Ropin' Some Magic in the Western Caribbean

Since no one knew the answer to my question earlier about liquor being in another container than the original bottle, I called Disney today and asked. The person that I talked to said that the liquor must be in the ORIGINAL bottle and it must be SEALED or it won't go onboard with me. Looks like a trip to the liquor store is now on my agenda.

I didn't know the answer to your question, but it doesn't surprise me--they have the same rule for food that you bring on board :).

So where's everyone staying Friday night? DH decided we should drive in Friday night instead of Saturday morning so now we need to find a hotel. We have parking by the port already reserved so don't have to worry about that. Just don't have a clue as to where to stay!

So where's everyone staying Friday night? DH decided we should drive in Friday night instead of Saturday morning so now we need to find a hotel. We have parking by the port already reserved so don't have to worry about that. Just don't have a clue as to where to stay!

We are staying at the Quality Inn. Reviews seem okay. If we like it, we will be staying there again on October 21 before our next cruise!

:)

We are staying at the Comfort Suites.

Diva Princess Mom said:
Since no one knew the answer to my question earlier about liquor being in another container than the original bottle, I called Disney today and asked. The person that I talked to said that the liquor must be in the ORIGINAL bottle and it must be SEALED or it won't go onboard with me. Looks like a trip to the liquor store is now on my agenda.

So how much can you bring on?

The doctor says I have a staph infection in my leg. This came up suddenly and is the size of a CD. Oral antibotics/steroids along with topical ointments. Knowing I am about to cruise, Dr. says, "Stay off the leg." :rotfl2: RIGHT~ way too much to do over the next few days. Praying this thing heals up quickly so I can enjoy Stingray City!! Followup tomorrow as a safety precaution before we leave Friday. Wondering if I need to wear pants over the massive bandage. Is Disney gonna take issue with this at boarding?

How in the world is this only 3 days away? YIKES

Just continue to take your medication you should be ok, just watch the site closely and make sure it is not growing or red streaking lines going from the site. Usally the oral antibotics will take care of the infection. You should not need a wheel chair. If it get that bad you need to be put in the hospital and get IV antibotics ! But thats for people that have gotten really bad. It sounds like you have caught it in time. You can also use triple antibotic ointment over the site and cover with a dressing for next couple days. Continue you antibotics, drink lots of fluids . I see this daily and if its your first time getting this you should be ok.... MB

minniescout said:
So how much can you bring on?

I've read/heard it's as much as you can carry but opened bottles can't be taken back off the ship.

I went to the liquor store and my Disney cooler bag is packed and read to go :)

Just continue to take your medication you should be ok, just watch the site closely and make sure it is not growing or red streaking lines going from the site. Usally the oral antibotics will take care of the infection. You should not need a wheel chair. If it get that bad you need to be put in the hospital and get IV antibotics ! But thats for people that have gotten really bad. It sounds like you have caught it in time. You can also use triple antibotic ointment over the site and cover with a dressing for next couple days. Continue you antibotics, drink lots of fluids . I see this daily and if its your first time getting this you should be ok.... MB

I'm going to go back in the morning. They are questioning if I am on the correct antibotic. They may give me a different one to have if this one doesn't knock it out. It still looks terrible. I'm using the prescription ointment and keeping it covered. I have a new spot on the other leg as well.

Now DS is in a panic. His guinea pig appeared to have a scratch on his rear end. DH did an exam and found he has a gaping hole that is abscessed. Add an 8am emergency vet run. The pig cost a big 20 bucks. I bet this vet bill will not be pretty. Probably the work of DD's piggy's teeth. Our piggy sitter had one as a child and killed it. Now we are going to leave him with a sick piggy. We may scare him for life. Oh the drama........

I didn't know the answer to your question, but it doesn't surprise me--they have the same rule for food that you bring on board :).

I just came on to ask a question about food. I plan to bring some soup, corn, carrots (all in cans) and apple juice boxes for my dd. These are staples of hers and, well let's just say we need them (to make a LONG story short). Will this be a problem? Everything is unopened.

Also, can I check these on or do they need to be carried on?

Am I allowed to bring a can opener?

We are staying at the Staybridge Suites in Webster. Rates were really good (2 bedroom suite with 4 beds and 2 bathrooms for $179 including breakfast the next am). Its farther out than staying on the island but rates are great and had the combination of the best reviews on trip advisor with the best pricing. Hope this helps.

No way will this hit salt water as it is right now! OUCH I'm just hoping they don't decide it needs IV antibotics ~ I must be on that boat!!! I have no trouble walking on it so I won't need to rent anything. I agree better now then on the boat! DH also cracked a tooth and had to have an emergency root canal. When it rains it pours.

Insurance adjuster just came for the Isaac damage. We have a little more damage than we thought and get to deal with a roof repair when we return. But, I have a home which is more than some of our friends and my aunt can say.

I so need this cruise!

Praying you heal quickly. :)

Im kind of worrying now.
We will be bringing a small cooler on the ship for my dd's medication (taken morning and night). She must eat with her medicine and soup, etc is the only food she will ALWAYS eat. This is why I want to bring soup, corn and carrots onto the ship. Additionally I have to bring pediasure (drink) for her.

I found this, and now Im worried -

Coolers are not permitted except for those needed for medications, baby food or items related to dietary constraints. Items must be pre-packaged, unopened and cannot require any food prep from the kitchen. Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board. Homemade items or pre-cooked items purchased on the way to the ship will not be allowed to be brought aboard. Also, open bags or containers of snack items should not be brought aboard. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom; the ship's storage and/or refrigeration are not available to use.

I've read posts about people bringing on pudding/applesauce/etc for their children's medications, so I'm assuming you should be able to bring things, but I don't know for sure.

I plan on bringing on a small cooler with the HEB yogurt smoothies that I drink every night just before I go to bed. These work really well to help keep my blood sugar from dropping during the night--a good blend of protein and carbs. Especially since I won't have Lucy with me, I don't want to chance changing things and having my sugar drop. The problem is that if I am asleep, I don't realize it.

i am not sure how you would get the soup heated, but as long as they are in sealed containers, you shouldn't have problems bringing it on board. I have also asked for a real fridge instead of the "coolers" they have in the normal cabins. You may want to call DCL and get one if you need it. You should also ask them what soups they have available from room service--explain your needs (just be sure to talk to special services.) I know they frown on electrical appliances, but this may be a time that you need to bring one of those heating elements you just put in a beverage to heat it. Something like this: http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/cook.htm This is coming from a certified "rule follower"--if it is what your little one needs-----

I am leaving for Galveston in a few hours. Wish me luck in taking this new ECV apart. I could take my old one apart easily, but this one needs to have the battery disconnected and reconnected :scared1: :moped: I'm not so worried about the taking apart--just the reconnecting!

I am leaving for Galveston in a few hours. Wish me luck in taking this new ECV apart. I could take my old one apart easily, but this one needs to have the battery disconnected and reconnected :scared1: :moped: I'm not so worried about the taking apart--just the reconnecting!

Good luck with this!!!
Will see you on Saturday!!

DisneyCruiseLine_GalvestonbannerUpdated_zps642414e2.jpg

:yay::woohoo:party: 2 days!!!!!!!!! :yay::woohoo:party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter