September 29, 2012 - Ropin' Some Magic in the Western Caribbean

Spent most of today packing....feeling very overwhelmed and hoping I'm remembering everything!

Anyone else in high anxiety mode? :hyper:

I totally was in high anxiety mode until this afternoon...but as of right now, the kids' clothes are about 96% packed and my clothes are about 98% packed, and I am feeling much better about the whole thing. DH is on his own in the packing department and will probably be packing Thursday night :rotfl2:.

Any of you repeat DCL'ers have any experience with carrying bottles of water on board? We took a case on with us on RCCL about 18 months ago (just put it in a big heavy-canvas army duffel and checked it with the rest of our luggage), but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Disney is picky-er about letting you "check" beverages...

...any suggestions :)?

We're officially married!!!! :goodvibes

Now the rest of the week, I get to focus on cruise stuff, other than work of course :coffee:

Can't wait to meet you all and to be on the honeymoon, after all this wedding planning I need a vacation!!!!!

Congratulations!

Now that we have begun to pack I am definitely anxious! I've had a great time planning everything for this cruise, making our FE's and FE gifts, and participating in this thread. BUT - I am not really enjoying packing for 6 of us. Normally when we travel I just tell the kids how many days they need to have clothes for and they pack themselves, but it's not that simple when we have to have casual clothes, dinner outfits (and shoes), and lots of other things we don't normally need.

I'll just be happy when the packing is all done and we are on our way. :yay:

We're officially married!!!! :goodvibes

Now the rest of the week, I get to focus on cruise stuff, other than work of course :coffee:

Can't wait to meet you all and to be on the honeymoon, after all this wedding planning I need a vacation!!!!!

Congratulations Jenna & Jason!!
DisneyQuotes035_zpsef14497f.png

Spent most of today packing....feeling very overwhelmed and hoping I'm remembering everything!

YES!! I haven't even started packing. :eek: I need to finish my FEs...should do that tomorrow. Laundry on Tuesday. :laundy: Hoping to pack on Wednesday.

How did I end up this far behind?????

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just...
:fish:

Any feedback on the parking options in Galveston?

We're using Galveston Park & Cruise. Over the past four years we have used EZ Park, Lighthouse, and the city lot. The second time we used EZ Park we left two cars and when we returned both had punctured tires. Could have been a coincidence, but we tried Lighthouse the next cruise and found the shuttles to be a bit slow. DH wanted liked the indoor parking so we are going to try Galveston Park & Cruise with three vehicles this trip. :moped:

Oh, my, yes! :eek: I can't share all the reasons I'm anxious because it stresses me to list everything I've go to do, and go to work and deal with those deadlines, AND refuse to think about what will be waiting for me on my return.

I'm excited and looking forward to the trip, but yes, I'm definitely anxious!

220px-High_Anxiety_movie_poster.jpg

I'm taking our "fancy clothes" to the dry cleaners today, so I can pick them up tomorrow. Going to finish up laundry tonight and tomorrow night, so I feel pretty good about packing :goodvibes

Still a lot to do, but nothing compared to the wedding stuff I had to do!

We are staying at Hilton Galveston Island, they have a free shuttle to and from port and free parking, so hopefully that all works out well :thumbsup2

I know I'm bringing too many clothes...I have a dress planned for each night, plus a couple extras in case I don't feel like wearing the one I planned :rotfl:

Thank you all for all the congrats! We're super happy to be going on our first trip together!!!

I know I'm bringing too many clothes...I have a dress planned for each night, plus a couple extras in case I don't feel like wearing the one I planned :rotfl:

Me too! As long as I've got room in my suitcase, I keep adding more clothes :thumbsup2. I've overpacked for my kids too, but hey...they're messy, so maybe we'll need the extra clothes :).

Oh, and I want to add my congratulations as well!! So excited for y'all (we went to WDW on our Honeymoon when we got married 13 years ago, so our first trip together was Disney themed as well).

Any of you repeat DCL'ers have any experience with carrying bottles of water on board? We took a case on with us on RCCL about 18 months ago (just put it in a big heavy-canvas army duffel and checked it with the rest of our luggage), but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Disney is picky-er about letting you "check" beverages...

...any suggestions :)?

I plan on bringing a case of water too, so Im interesting in anyone's experience.

Does anyone know if your liquor has to be in the sealed original bottle or can it be put into a plastic bottle with a screw cap?

I plan on bringing a case of water too, so Im interesting in anyone's experience.

Actually, after I posted my question here, I saw that someone posted something similar on the main board, so you might want to check out people's opinions there...apparently Disney has a policy that you have to carry all beverages on board with you, rather than checking them, but people have had various results with porters getting them around the rule...

I made MORE shoes and bows for my dd. Thought Id share
again, sorry so big.

IMG_8192_zps22de7b78.jpg

IMG_8193_zps0e1610ff.jpg

DSCF1471_zps38bc1e6b.jpg

Here minnie ears
IMG_8191_zps2e8932eb.jpg

and here I am packing and my kitty decided he wanted to lay right in the middle of it all. He's gunna miss us :(
IMG_8186_zps43b67a51.jpg

I finally finished my daughter's pillowcase. Now I just need to pick up a fabric marker, a waterproof watch, and some D size batteries and I will be all ready to go!!! YAY!!!:cool1:

Eeek!! I just finished reading this "Magical Moments" thread and I'm so excited that I might not even sleep the rest of the week. lol!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2852356

I made MORE shoes and bows for my dd. Thought Id share
again, sorry so big.
and here I am packing and my kitty decided he wanted to lay right in the middle of it all. He's gunna miss us :(

LOVE the shoes!! I'm a boymom so I miss out on those cutesy things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter