• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 29, 2012 - Ropin' Some Magic in the Western Caribbean

Oh my goodness...through a series of unfortunate events in which I can laugh at now (thanks to that Disney magicpixiedust:), our stateroom has changed to 7558. I updated the spreadsheet. 80 days until we set sail!!! :yay:

Very nice, Piper :) Can you please email it to me :surfweb:
I think red shirts would look great, think of wearing them on embarkment day!

Sent it this morning! I am hoping we can wear the shirts to our meet and greet. We still need ideas from people who have been on the ship for a place and time. Having the same shirt makes it easy to spot each other. The iron -on transfer is super easy to do.

Sent it this morning! I am hoping we can wear the shirts to our meet and greet. We still need ideas from people who have been on the ship for a place and time. Having the same shirt makes it easy to spot each other. The iron -on transfer is super easy to do.

Didn't get it, but I did check, and my email address was wrong in the list :confused3 I did fix it, wearing it to the meet and greet is a better idea, didn't know we were gonna do that!!
Can you resend it? (sorry)

We booked last year and can't hardly wait!! My son is super excited about the kids activities on board and I can't wait to see the stars!! Is there a big rush to sign up for activities when they open that up on the 16th?

We booked last year and can't hardly wait!! My son is super excited about the kids activities on board and I can't wait to see the stars!! Is there a big rush to sign up for activities when they open that up on the 16th?

A lot of us have already made our Palo bookings and booked the MUST DO excursions. It seemed as though there was still plenty of availability for everything I looked at, BUT if there is something you absolutely HAVE to do, I would certainly recommend staying up until 11pm central time to book them.

MANY first time cruisers (and many Silver level cruisers!) have been disappointed in their inability to book Palo brunch. If you are interested in Palo brunch, you may want to make this your first stop when booking opens.

Since no one has designed a shirt, what do you think about this for an iron-on. You can get two images per transfer page. You won't hurt my feelings if people don't want to do this or if someone comes up with another image for us to use. I just used the image at the beginning of theis thread.

If you do want to do this, I can email you the file. I think I will do ours on a red t-shirt. They are easy to find in every size!

I would love to make some t-shirts using your logo! Could you please email the file to me as well? :goodvibes

Hi! I am new, my dh just found this forum for me! :surfweb: I am Lyndsay (28), my dh is David (33) and my dd Madisyn (3 - but will be 4 by the time of the cruise). So I see info on fish extenders but I cant find out exactly what it is. Can someone please explain?

Since no one has designed a shirt, what do you think about this for an iron-on. You can get two images per transfer page. You won't hurt my feelings if people don't want to do this or if someone comes up with another image for us to use. I just used the image at the beginning of theis thread.

If you do want to do this, I can email you the file. I think I will do ours on a red t-shirt. They are easy to find in every size!

I love this idea! Although Im new, I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome, Josie and family. We're glad to have you with us! There is still an August deadline. That is to give people who are making their gifts time to complete them. As of now, we have 2 groups. If you want to join, let me know.

Hi! What are the "groups"?? I love being part of a group! :rotfl2:

Sorry gang, I'm leaving on the 17th for a 3 day on the Dream and my thoughts have been elsewhere!!!

Yes, the wrist bands are like the livestrong kind. The website is wristbands.com and it gives a good over view of what we can design. I vote for having a design contest or going with what we have now and adding the dates. We still need to pick colors and such, but overall its painless! It has always been exciting to see someone on the ship with them and say Hey! I know you! Your part of my group! What’s your screen name? You really get to meet everyone and get to know their group on a much smaller scale. The prices works out really well, depending on what we go with. I think the most expensive is $4 per person, but we can keep it low and then have the option of mailing them to you for an extra fee or having them available on board at our first greet. The website I mentioned is giving out 100 free ones when you order 100, we would have plenty for last minute people if needed. I always like the ones who come up to me and ask where I got them, then I get to explain the DIS family!

Give me more feedback!

I love the bracelet idea. Have yall gotten them yet?

The new lists are up. I had a couple of messages and 10 cabins won by 2 votes. I actually put 11 cabins in each group. I added myself (and sister) to each group. I tried to put roughly the same number of children per age group in each group. It was divided ages 1-5, 6-10, 11-up.

The updated list is still at --

Anyone who adds themselves to the list after today, please add to the bottom of the list. When there are 10 cabins, I will add a 4th list.

Edited to add that HappyTexasMom just pm'd me and requested to be on both lists. She has been added. If anyone else wants to be on both, please let me know and I will take care of it.

I added our names to the list. I hope I did it correctly!

Hello all, or more appropirately, Howdy Ya'll!

We are a little late to the party but happy to be here. We are so excited to be taking our first Disney cruise with both grandsons, their parents, and uncle ;) My DH and I have cruised before, but this is Disney and the first Disney adventure for our two favorite little boys.

I've added our three cabins to the spreadsheet and I'll get started with the FE planning after consulting with the DILs. I've spent a couple of days reading through Magic tips and will catch up with this thread tomorrow.

Nite,
Jenny

Hello all, or more appropirately, Howdy Ya'll!

We are a little late to the party but happy to be here. We are so excited to be taking our first Disney cruise with both grandsons, their parents, and uncle ;) My DH and I have cruised before, but this is Disney and the first Disney adventure for our two favorite little boys.

I've added our three cabins to the spreadsheet and I'll get started with the FE planning after consulting with the DILs. I've spent a couple of days reading through Magic tips and will catch up with this thread tomorrow.

Nite,
Jenny

Welcome! Im new too!

Welcome to both our new shipmates!

I have started a third group. Depending on how many join, I may do a little rearranging to even up the groups. I have also put those who indicated that they want to participate in all the groups on there. If you only want to participate in two groups, PM me.

I have decided to send the shirt graphic to everyone that I have an email address for. That way, you can use it if you want and discard it if you don't. It is really easy to iron on--just get paper anyplace that sells computer paper, labels, etc. I use the iron on for dark as it holds up better than the light. Believe me, if I can do it anyone can!

Still needing info about when and where to meet that first day. If we have a meeting place, we can give updates if our room changes (and DCL has been known to make changes at boarding.) I wouldn't want to waste time looking for a FE that had been moved! We can also put some faces to names and let the children meet each other. Who knows what future best friends will be made!!

I have been talking with DH and Dsil about the cruise. I informed them about FE and FE gifts, Recently I was talking with my Dsil and talking about the FE gifts. She called me about 2weeks ago she had a perfect gift for Fish Tenders! With my mind wondering, I asked, What is Fish Tenders, she said you know the gifts for the cruise, I laughed so hard, so now in my house, its called "fish tenders". :rotfl::rotfl2:

thought I would share a funny story!

I have been talking with DH and Dsil about the cruise. I informed them about FE and FE gifts, Recently I was talking with my Dsil and talking about the FE gifts. She called me about 2weeks ago she had a perfect gift for Fish Tenders! With my mind wondering, I asked, What is Fish Tenders, she said you know the gifts for the cruise, I laughed so hard, so now in my house, its called "fish tenders". :rotfl::rotfl2:

thought I would share a funny story!

Thanks for sharing--I needed a "lighter moment" this morning!

Someone told me someone posted asking my daughters sizes I think. Eliana is 18-24months and Lydia is 4t.

Also, Piper, i tried to PM you my email address but it said I had to have 10 posts first. It is Julie737 @ gmail.com if you didn't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter