September 29, 2012 - Ropin' Some Magic in the Western Caribbean

I'm going to attempt to make ours. Ok, I'm going to design ours and my aunt the seamstress is going to make it! :rotfl2:

I had originally thought to make ours but then when I thought of how much materials would cost (plus I don't have an embroidery machine)......I figured it would be better to design it myself and have someone custom make it for me.....:goodvibes I can't wait to see everyones FE's!!!

Also, I plan on doing quite a bit of crafty things for the fe exchange so the earlier I start the better :goodvibes

The questions I have for those participating....

1) if I buy treats, are there any allergies I should be aware of? I don't want to buy anything that'll go to waste....and I won't be buying this stuff til MUCH closer to the cruise, but while I'm asking questions, I thought I'd ask now :rotfl:

2) From all females/girls I want to know favorite colors...I will try to accomodate as best I can if I can get some requests :)

I'm so excited about making all the FE gifts!!! Everyone at work is kindly tolerating all my chatter about my latest crafting obsessions, LOL!

No allergies here and as far as colors...I love so many but black/white, teals and all shades of purple are my favorites. :goodvibes

OK I finally remembered my photobucket log in.... Here is a pic of our fish extender:
001.jpg

I sewed it using some basic directions I found on the Dis - I even sewed the stickers/letters on! I don't have an embroidery machine, but I wanted to put our names on it and I was worried the stickers wouldn't stay put. It's not perfect by any means, but I had a lot of fun making it!

I love it!!!! You did an awesome job!!!!!

I am super excited to start on the FE gifts too, it has been my obsession for a couple of weeks now :hyper:

Hi Everyone. So excited. We are booked and putting deposit down tomorrow.
My husband and I are avid cruisers but this will be our first Disney Cruise.
Our party includes

Tricia - me- 39 - Celebrating getting my masters degree and my 15th Anniversary
Rich - Husband 43 - Celebrating 15th Anniversary
Devin - son 9
Jackson - son 7
Christian - son 4 (Celebrating early birthday with twin sister, will be 5 10/22)
Emily - daughter age 4 (Celebrating early birthday with twin brother, will be 5 10/22)
Kristin - 26 - Childrens nanny (also the daughter of our childrens god parents)

Cabins 2583 & 2585

Next step after this post will be filling out FE doc. We have never done this before but I am now officially obsessed with how much fun it is going to be.

And after that I will be joining the facebook group.

Looking forward to counting down the days with everyone!

Welcome Tricia and family! We are glad to have you aboard! I see you already added to our FE list. We are glad to have you with us.

Hello cruise-buddies!

Life is super crazy over here with planning the wedding and 2 disney trips, but it's also super fun!

Piper, originally I said I would be in more than one FE group if we had more than one, but I'm gonna say I think it's best for my sanity (and purse) to stick to just one :rotfl:

I still need some favorite colors! I have put down my disney crafting for a bit to make centerpieces and other frilly wedding things, but will be picking up my FE stuff again in the next couple weeks!

These are the people I need to know the favorite colors of the females in your group
HappyTexasMom - Nancy and Jasmine
Riley2008 - Jamie
Riley's friend - Erin, Bennett, Bailey
AngieEstaAqui - Angie and Annabeth
CrazyZeus - Heather
Canadian Tyler - Jen and Jordan
Julie 737 - Julie and Eliana (also Eliana's size clothing, I have something special planned for the babies :))
Julie's friends - Gaby and Lydia
TxTricia - Tricia, Emily, Kristin

One other question, if any of y'all know....can you bring a box as checked luggage? I'm kinda thinking it would be easier to pack all the FE stuff in a box and checking it at the terminal. We are driving down from dallas, so car space isn't the problem, it's just getting it on the boat!

And lastly, from my count we have 20 distinct cabins (I know some family's are using 2 cabins). When were we going to cut off the first group? I'm being incredibly selfish by asking this, but it's due to the fact that if we don't cut it off til August, I'm gonna be in the middle of last minute wedding stuff and events that I don't want my FE gifts to suffer because of that.

So...maybe when we hit a number everyone is comfortable with we can cut the first group and start a second? Just a suggestion, if it's a horrible one feel free to tell me :duck:

Hello cruise-buddies!

Life is super crazy over here with planning the wedding and 2 disney trips, but it's also super fun!

Piper, originally I said I would be in more than one FE group if we had more than one, but I'm gonna say I think it's best for my sanity (and purse) to stick to just one :rotfl:

I still need some favorite colors! I have put down my disney crafting for a bit to make centerpieces and other frilly wedding things, but will be picking up my FE stuff again in the next couple weeks!

These are the people I need to know the favorite colors of the females in your group
HappyTexasMom - Nancy and Jasmine
Riley2008 - Jamie
Riley's friend - Erin, Bennett, Bailey
AngieEstaAqui - Angie and Annabeth
CrazyZeus - Heather
Canadian Tyler - Jen and Jordan
Julie 737 - Julie and Eliana (also Eliana's size clothing, I have something special planned for the babies :))
Julie's friends - Gaby and Lydia
TxTricia - Tricia, Emily, Kristin

One other question, if any of y'all know....can you bring a box as checked luggage? I'm kinda thinking it would be easier to pack all the FE stuff in a box and checking it at the terminal. We are driving down from dallas, so car space isn't the problem, it's just getting it on the boat!

And lastly, from my count we have 20 distinct cabins (I know some family's are using 2 cabins). When were we going to cut off the first group? I'm being incredibly selfish by asking this, but it's due to the fact that if we don't cut it off til August, I'm gonna be in the middle of last minute wedding stuff and events that I don't want my FE gifts to suffer because of that.

So...maybe when we hit a number everyone is comfortable with we can cut the first group and start a second? Just a suggestion, if it's a horrible one feel free to tell me :duck:

we have zero allergies and I love hot pink and black and my DD loves purple

I would like to know the same but not sure if we can yet because if we cut it off with just the people signed up right now. what if only 2 more families join? that wouldnt be a big enough group for them. I guess a suggestion would be to cut the list off with the people already signed up and then wait to see if there is a big enough group later on if not I think their is people that want to be in 2 groups or if thier is only a few more we could incorperate them...........................??????:confused3????? idk what do you guys think?

Jenna, I was just thinking the same thing. I think we said no more than 10-15 cabins to a group. We have 20 cabins, 24 children and 33 adults (13 men, 20 women.)

We can form 2 groups of 10 now......

Or we can put 15 cabins on a list and add up to 10 cabins as they sign-up......

Or we can cut off now and start a new group with the next person who registers........

Or we can just continue to collect names and form groups later.

If you are on the FE list, please weigh in here. We need to know what you want so we can go with the majority.

Jenna, I was just thinking the same thing. I think we said no more than 10-15 cabins to a group. We have 20 cabins, 24 children and 33 adults (13 men, 20 women.)

Or we can cut off now and start a new group with the next person who registers........

If you are on the FE list, please weigh in here. We need to know what you want so we can go with the majority.

I vote we cut off now, I am personally comfortable with the number of people we have now as long as we do not go higher. I'm ok with groups if thats what everyone decides but i would love to know who is in my group so that I can plan.........i am doing different things for people depending on age and gender plus I want to do some personalized things also and it is easier if we know who to shop for......especially when you are a bargain shopper like me :goodvibes

Hi Everybody!!!

We are officially booked! Well, we have been but my life is kinda crazy like everyone else's and this is my first chance to let ya'll know about it! I am the responsible poster for our group :rotfl2:!!! I knew I needed to get to posting or I would be so behind closer to the cruise!!!

Let’s see, this will be my 6th Disney cruise, my 4th on the Magic! Mom's second, and my sister, niece and nephew's first!! I’m also so happy to see that we are doing the FE’s!! They are so much fun! I will be signing up for those and FB later tonight. Once I figure out where it all is!! LOL :goodvibes

We will be in 2 cabins, but will just use the one to make it easier!
Apryl – me – female and 36!!
Robyn – the Mom and Grammy – 56
Cindy – my sister – 45
Lindsay- my niece – 15
Cameron – my nephew – 7

Can’t wait to get to know everyone!

I'm all for 15 cabins and forming additional groups as they come. Looks like we're starting to get active! Woohoo!

Also looks like lots of 8-9 year old boys!

I think we should split the group into 2 groups of 10, and form another group as more people join, or add them to one of the groups if its only 1 or 2 cabins joining.

Or just split the list in half, putting the cabins with more people mixed in well with cabins that only have a couple of people so that way there aren't only a few cabins with 5 people in each cabin vs a lot of cabins with 1 or 2 people in them.

Not sure if I am making sense or not. lol

When we do split, I will do my best to make the groups as even as possible. It wouldn't be right to have one group with 15 people and one with 35 people. I will try to make each group have as close to the same number of adults, little kids, middle-sized kids and older kids as I can!

After the first split, it may get a little more lop-sided based on the number of people who join. For example, if we split into groups of 10 cabins, then the first 2 groups would be as evenly split as I can, and the next group would have the next 10 cabins to register unless we wait to split until we close the sign-up.....then things would be more even between each group.

I don't know if that makes sense to everyone or just me!!:lmao:

Edited to add that if we go to 15 in a group, we would have 7 cabins already in group II if Faithfullyeeyore registers.

When we do split, I will do my best to make the groups as even as possible. It wouldn't be right to have one group with 15 people and one with 35 people. I will try to make each group have as close to the same number of adults, little kids, middle-sized kids and older kids as I can!

After the first split, it may get a little more lop-sided based on the number of people who join. For example, if we split into groups of 10 cabins, then the first 2 groups would be as evenly split as I can, and the next group would have the next 10 cabins to register unless we wait to split until we close the sign-up.....then things would be more even between each group.

I don't know if that makes sense to everyone or just me!!:lmao:

Edited to add that if we go to 15 in a group, we would have 7 cabins already in group II if Faithfullyeeyore registers.

do you think that it may be a good idea to make one group of 15 cabins and one of 7-10. I know I saw some people request a group of 10

also, will families who booked 2 rooms be counted as 2 cabins? because technically a family of 5 in 2 cabins is still just one cabin gift (if that makes sense). I think it would be better to divide the groups by size and try not to put to many large families in on group :confused3

ok piper....i feel just like you.....I think I am only making sense to myself :rotfl:

I'm all for 15 cabins and forming additional groups as they come. Looks like we're starting to get active! Woohoo!

Also looks like lots of 8-9 year old boys!

My vote is also for 15 cabins. I'd be ok if we made the cutoff now at 20, though. The main thing is that I, too, would like to know soon as I want to get started on the gifts otherwise I'll end up waiting till the last minute :rotfl2:

Riley, there are tons of 8-9 year old! My little guy is so excited :banana:

Just so that we can differentiate who has joined after yesterday, I made the beginning to a new list on the bottom of the one already started. When all the votes are in, I will either leave things as they are, split the original list to create a second list of 10, or add 5 cabins to the second list and leave 15 on the first.

If we count 2 cabins booked by the same family as one, we have 18 "families" on the first list. I vote that we leave it intact and let the newer people to sign up be in the second group. I think "traffic" will pick up in the summer and we will get enough to make a good second list (unless someone would like to volunteer to transfer to the second list.)

Just so that we can differentiate who has joined after yesterday, I made the beginning to a new list on the bottom of the one already started. When all the votes are in, I will either leave things as they are, split the original list to create a second list of 10, or add 5 cabins to the second list and leave 15 on the first.

If we count 2 cabins booked by the same family as one, we have 18 "families" on the first list. I vote that we leave it intact and let the newer people to sign up be in the second group. I think "traffic" will pick up in the summer and we will get enough to make a good second list (unless someone would like to volunteer to transfer to the second list.)

I agree with you piper:goodvibes my vote goes for that idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter