September 29, 2012 - Ropin' Some Magic in the Western Caribbean

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
I just booked this Western Caribbean cruise when it was announced while I was on the Magic last week.

I thought I might as well start a thread for this cruise and although it's not the first DCL sailing out of Texas, I decided to give it a cowboy theme anyway.

Welcome to the September 29, 2012 sailing on the Magic out of Galveston!

cowboy_mickey.gif

I'm in!!!!!! I just booked last week and it's either going to be, me and my sister or me and DH, or maybe even me and a friend. Not sure who is going with me, but I'm going for sure!!:thumbsup2

I'm in!!!!!! I just booked last week and it's either going to be, me and my sister or me and DH, or maybe even me and a friend. Not sure who is going with me, but I'm going for sure!!:thumbsup2

:welcome::welcome::welcome:Welcome!:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hurrah! I'm not alone anymore!

We booked this while we were on a Wonder Mexican Rivera cruise, the week they announce the new itineraries.

I thought about and thought, "Hey the DCL price is right, Galveston is pretty good, Houston is an easy (and usually cheap) flight from Chicago on SW). Besides, I've had family living in Houston for the past 30 years or so, and once worked on a project in Galveston for many weeks. The fact that we liked the itinerary didn't hurt either!

We're also on a B2B on the Dream in November.

Me and my hubby will be there! I booked this cruise while I was on the Dream last month :goodvibes

We're in too! It will be me, the hubs, our (then) 3 yr old, 1.5 yr old, both his parents, both my parents (first time cruisers) and possibly 2 more friends (also first time cruisers). All of us are new to Disney. So excited!! :banana::banana::banana:

We're in too! It will be me, the hubs, our (then) 3 yr old, 1.5 yr old, both his parents, both my parents (first time cruisers) and possibly 2 more friends (also first time cruisers). All of us are new to Disney. So excited!! :banana::banana::banana:

Were beyond excited too!!!!! We're not new to Disney but are to cruising and just can't wait. I'll bet that after this trip you will be Disney obsessed just like the rest of us! :goodvibes

Welcome to the thread :woohoo:

Just booked this week! We are so incredibly excited. Hate that we have to wait so long though. This will be our 2nd cruise, 1st on Disney.

We booked a few months ago and just can't wait. 397 days to go! (Darn leap year.)

The boys will have just turned 9 and friends have also booked with their two daughters who will be 9 and 11.

Looks like we're filling up slowly...:surfweb:

Hopefully the time will fly by. I'd love to do Fish Extenders, too!

ETA: Oops! Friends' oldest DD will be 12!

My sister and I booked the Sept 22nd sailing the day it was announced. Now we have changed our plans! Her Gideon convention is the weekend of Sept 26 and since she is an officer, she has to be there. So we are now going on the 29th sailing. The convention is in Galveston--so we'll already be there!

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and maybe participate in a Fish Extender exchange! My sister and I both love to craft!

I'll be back a little later with our details...I'm getting ready for church right now, but just had to post.

Okay--we will be staying in 6154. We will have early dining (as I have meds that I need to take with food.) I will be bringing my ECV with me. (I may have a power chair by that time though--doctor wants me to get it, but I'm not sure I want to yet.) At this time, i can still use my forearm crutches to get around, but I don't know what next year will bring. As long as I can sail, I will be fine!

My sister and I will be the passengers. I'm thinking of this trip as "The Sassy Sisters See the Seas"

Hi everyone! We are booked on this cruise & can't wait! A little about us...I'm Heather, hubby is Jeff, and we have a son Reese who will be 9 on the cruise.

I was so excited to see a Galveston itenerary offered by Disney...I hope they decide to keep it. According to Carnvial Cruise Line, Galveston is one of their busiest ports...so maybe Disney will stay!!

This will be our 5th Disney cruise & would love to participate in the Fish Extender exchange as well. We've done it on every cruise & it's one of the things my son loves & remembers the most. Coming back to find a little trinket or piece of candy in his extender is always so exciting :)

I look forward to meeting everyone...we're almost down to our 1-year countdown! HA!

Welcome Heather & Jeff! It sounds like we are going to have a good group of tweens as well as some younger kiddos! I am looking forward to the fish extender, too. I already have ours made. My sister is Minnie themed and I am Daisy themed.

In a few days it will ONLY be a year!!!!

WooHoo!!! The trip is just a year away! To young ones that seems an eternity. When you get a lot of years under your belt, the years just seem to go faster!

Hi everyone! We are booked on this cruise & can't wait! A little about us...I'm Heather, hubby is Jeff, and we have a son Reese who will be 9 on the cruise.

I was so excited to see a Galveston itenerary offered by Disney...I hope they decide to keep it. According to Carnvial Cruise Line, Galveston is one of their busiest ports...so maybe Disney will stay!!

This will be our 5th Disney cruise & would love to participate in the Fish Extender exchange as well. We've done it on every cruise & it's one of the things my son loves & remembers the most. Coming back to find a little trinket or piece of candy in his extender is always so exciting :)

I look forward to meeting everyone...we're almost down to our 1-year countdown! HA!

My boys will also be 9 at the time of the cruise! See you onboard!

My guys will be 11 and almost 9! They are so excited as am I! This is our second cruise. Our 1st was this past March on Carnival out of Galveston. My kids loved it and never wanted to leave the kids clubs. I can only imagine how they will love the Disney clubs. That cruise was only 4 nights and totally exhausting as it was go, go, go all the time. Can't wait to sit back and relax this time.

We're from north of Dallas and will be driving in the morning of the cruise.

It will be so nice for so many of the kids to be so close in age! They should have a great time together. Who knows? In this age of electronics, some long-lasting friendships could form!

Is any one interested in doing a FE exchange? If so, I could coordinate it. I am retired and should have time to coordinate one. If we get more than 30 cabins, we should probably split into groups of 15-20 cabins. If you are interested, post here and we can get started! Cut-off would be August 15th. That would give the people who are making something about 45 days to complete their projects.

Does this sound okay to everyone? I am always open to ideas and suggestions--I know I'm not omnipotent :thumbsup2:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter