September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

:welcome:

Join the conversation here, and come to our breakfast meet!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 5
poison ivy - there's always construction - and as long as there are no accidents you can work traffic patterns / rush hour and get there early enough for scheduled check-in - we're coming in from Northern NJ (8 miles from NYC) and since we're platinum we're looking to leave around 9:30-10am for an on-board asap

My math is terrible. I just told somebody this morning that I was 7 weeks out. What was I thinking?

There is a lot of construction on the west side that could affect crosstown traffic, but if you're driving into the city from New Jersey, you should be okay.

thank you both for all your help. driving in seems more likely at this point and yes, we're coming from NJ via the Lincoln Tunnel.

So if I'm understanding these directions per the Port Website correctly it's a very straightforward route: https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/directions/

New Jersey and Points South - From the Lincoln Tunnel, follow signs to 42nd Street, make a left onto 42nd Street, go 3 blocks and make a right onto 12th Avenue. Take 12th Avenue for a half mile and make a left on 55th street, which is the entrance to the terminal. From the Holland Tunnel, take ext 1 (9A). Pass 3 lights and make a right onto West Street (which is also 12th Avenue). Take West Street/12 Avenue one mile and make a left onto 55th Street, which is the entrance to the terminal.

Here's my mapquest version - looks like the only terminal entry pt is at 55th st.

felclC_usvlAgEfEgE%3F%3F%3Fgw%40~WgE%3FoK%3FgE%3F%3F%3FgEgEoKgEwQ_XoKwQoKwQ%3F%3Fg%5Ewj%40%3F%3F~iAg%5E~WgEnd%40wQvcAg%5Efw%40_XfE%3FfE%3Ff%5EoKn%7D%40_Xvj%40wQf%5EoKfEgE%3F%3FwQgEwQwQgEgEgEgE_XwQwQoK_XwQwQoK_Xod%40wQg%5EoKoK%3F%3F%3F%3FgEoKoKoKgEoKwQ_XoKoKoKwQgEgEoKoKoK_XoKwQwQ_XgEoKg%5Ewj%40oKoKoKwQ%3F%3FoKwQgEoK%3FoK%3F%3FnK%3FfEgE%3F%3FfE~WnKvQ%3F%3FnK~WfEnK%3F%3FfEfEnKvQnKnK.png

Ordered Canadian money today. Thank you so much for setting up the van in Halifax!

that's great. I have got to get moving on this cruise:

our to do list:

get CAN $
Finish FE's / Candy Exchange incl. labels and pkg.
verify Cap One card is free of hidden exchange fees.
reconfirm non-roaming T-Mobile cell coverage in CAN.
finalize tour route/van payment/pick up details with Laila.
coordinate group time/meet location for private tour.

figure out the weather
pack - incl passports and FE

what do we have? 5 wks!?!
I don't know whether to feel this:woohoo: :woohoo: or this :scared1::scared1:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to thank everyone for all the stuff posted in here - I've been dying for information on my cruise, and just found this thread!! Just read through all 24 pages! This is my first member cruise and first out of NYC and super excited!!

Candy exchange looks like great fun!! Looks like I missed the deadline though - Oh well there is always next time :) hope everyone posts pictures!

See you all in 34 days! Not that I'm counting :mickeyjum

Welcome to our cruise meet!! glad you found us here. Feel free to ask any questions or jump right in and join the discussion. Many of us have done a Member Cruise before and a few live in the NYC area. We're all happy to help.

thank you both for all your help. driving in seems more likely at this point and yes, we're coming from NJ via the Lincoln Tunnel.

So if I'm understanding these directions per the Port Website correctly it's a very straightforward route: https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/directions/

New Jersey and Points South - From the Lincoln Tunnel, follow signs to 42nd Street, make a left onto 42nd Street, go 3 blocks and make a right onto 12th Avenue. Take 12th Avenue for a half mile and make a left on 55th street, which is the entrance to the terminal. From the Holland Tunnel, take ext 1 (9A). Pass 3 lights and make a right onto West Street (which is also 12th Avenue). Take West Street/12 Avenue one mile and make a left onto 55th Street, which is the entrance to the terminal.

Here's my mapquest version - looks like the only terminal entry pt is at 55th st.

felclC_usvlAgEfEgE%3F%3F%3Fgw%40~WgE%3FoK%3FgE%3F%3F%3FgEgEoKgEwQ_XoKwQoKwQ%3F%3Fg%5Ewj%40%3F%3F~iAg%5E~WgEnd%40wQvcAg%5Efw%40_XfE%3FfE%3Ff%5EoKn%7D%40_Xvj%40wQf%5EoKfEgE%3F%3FwQgEwQwQgEgEgEgE_XwQwQoK_XwQwQoK_Xod%40wQg%5EoKoK%3F%3F%3F%3FgEoKoKoKgEoKwQ_XoKoKoKwQgEgEoKoKoK_XoKwQwQ_XgEoKg%5Ewj%40oKoKoKwQ%3F%3FoKwQgEoK%3FoK%3F%3FnK%3FfEgE%3F%3FfE~WnKvQ%3F%3FnK~WfEnK%3F%3FfEfEnKvQnKnK.png

Exactly right. Want to pick me up on the way and save me cab fare? (just kidding, I happened to work right near the tunnel)

New to this site no idea how to use this site so please bare with me. I did sign up for the candy exchange. Not sure rules on it.. Is it per person in the room or for the whole room? When I will get info on how many people signed up? Do I put alittle note on history of the candy? (Counting down the time to go and already started putting things aside to pack. YEAH) Thank you

New to this site no idea how to use this site so please bare with me. I did sign up for the candy exchange. Not sure rules on it.. Is it per person in the room or for the whole room? When I will get info on how many people signed up? Do I put alittle note on history of the candy? (Counting down the time to go and already started putting things aside to pack. YEAH) Thank you

I am so glad you have come to post!! You need 10 posts here in order for me to send you a conversation with the names and cabins of the members of the Candy Exchange. I knew you expressed an interest in time, and will add you to the list as soon as you get the 10 posts.

To get the posts, I suggest going to the Games board here, find a few threads like "change one letter out of 4". Or "what did you last eat, drink". Get those 10 posts, and you will hear from me!

Alternately, you can just post here, single words or questions.

As far as the exchange, most will give one time, with enough for the cabin to share. We gave gotten as little as two "rocket pops" to two nice sized bags with Hershey chocolate sample size.

Looking forward to getting the exchange info to you!

Bobbi

Once you get your 10 posts, send me a conversation with your real name, your cabin, and how many are in the cabin. Are there any allergies. You get to start a conversation, by clicking on "bobbiwoz" in my avatar, and click on the option "start a conversation."

Please do these things asap, by this weekend would be best!

Once you get your 10 posts, send me a conversation with your real name, your cabin, and how many are in the cabin. Are there any allergies. You get to start a conversation, by clicking on "bobbiwoz" in my avatar, and click on the option "start a conversation."

Please do these things asap, by this weekend would be best!
Trying to finish it up tonight . Thank you

Come here to chat and plan!

I've organized Local Candy Exchanges and would love to organize one here! We use Fish Extenders to pass out local or regional candy or snacks. I keep the number of cabins in each group to 6-11.

I hope other groups will form, meet ups etc. I will keep a look out and keep a list of planned activities here!

Candy Exchange....I will keep a running list of interested folks.

Fish Extender...will someone here keep tabs of that? i do not do FB very often, so on the last MC, I think someone was keeping tabs here and there.

Meets on board....an embarkation day meet is easy to coordinate!

Group Mixology.....any interest in these, there's wine, champagne, mixed drinks....any interest?

Anything else?

Bobbi:boat:

Hi everyone. The Local Candy/Snack exchange uses Fish Extenders to pass out local treats. We've gotten cheese straws from Mississippi and flavored popcorn and other non candy things in the past. I keep the groups under 12, for instance last Lear we had 32 participants, 4 groups of 8. Examples of candy has been salt water taffy from NJ and Utah, potato shaped candies from Idaho, chocolate covered berry candies from the Glacier NP area and Hershey chocolates. It is always fun to come back to your room and find a sweet treat!

If you are interested in the Candy/Snack Exchange please let me know! If you have not sent me your info please do so here, or in a conversation with me. Tell how many people are in your cabin, number of adults, children, if there are any allergies.

Candy Exchange sign ups are close! Look for a conversation with participants and appropriate information!

Bobbi
Hi #5

I am traveling today, but when I am home, I will list the people who are interested in a FE. I have not been involved before, but I would organize if no one else mentions it here.

Do you want FE adult group?
Just for children?
Any other kind?

Bobbi
Hi #6

Bobbi, we will be on the members cruise again this year and would love to do the candy exchange again! It was interesting to try some of the regional candies. Hopefully we will be able to meet on this one!
Renee'
Thank you. #6

Hi, on our August MC, there were 32 cabins involved in the Candy Exchange. I divided the exchange into 4 groups of 8. We give our offerings once. Some examples that I have given and received in the past:

Cheese straws from Mississippi
Life savers were invented in Cleveland
Salt water taffy from various places, including Salt Lake City
Potato shaped delicious delicacies from Idaho
Many candies from Disney in Tokoyo

I do try to keep the floors together, but sometimes there's a lone cabin or area. I do think that a benefit of delivering treats is that you get to see all sorts of door decorations. Also, you get to chat with cabin stewards, all are familiar with the FE practice. Lots of smiles.

If there are allergies, I make note and inform all in that particular group. If I personally am at a loss for a child, I would contact the adult in the room and ask for a safe treat.

The amount given is truly up to the giver, who does know the make up of each cabin. When children are involved, I have a little extra thing I include....someone on our EBTA cruise in 2013 included the gift to everyone, and it caught on with us!:)

Hi, on our August MC, there were 32 cabins involved in the Candy Exchange. I divided the exchange into 4 groups of 8. We give our offerings once. Some examples that I have given and received in the past:

Cheese straws from Mississippi
Life savers were invented in Cleveland
Salt water taffy from various places, including Salt Lake City
Potato shaped delicious delicacies from Idaho
Many candies from Disney in Tokoyo

I do try to keep the floors together, but sometimes there's a lone cabin or area. I do think that a benefit of delivering treats is that you get to see all sorts of door decorations. Also, you get to chat with cabin stewards, all are familiar with the FE practice. Lots of smiles.

If there are allergies, I make note and inform all in that particular group. If I personally am at a loss for a child, I would contact the adult in the room and ask for a safe treat.

The amount given is truly up to the giver, who does know the make up of each cabin. When children are involved, I have a little extra thing I include....someone on our EBTA cruise in 2013 included the gift to everyone, and it caught on with us!:)

We are not at August 15 yet, but it looks as if the tentative Candy Exchange list with cabins will be the final one!

If anyone has not responded, or of anyone else wants to join, there is still a little bit of time!

Bobbi

Ok, Missy 1897, can you see how to send me a conversation?

Yes, when you give your candy, it's nice to include a bit about the history of the candy.

Ok, if I have done it correctly, I have added Missy1897 to our Candy Exchange and sent the list to everyone, including Missy1897. It's the first time I have changed the recipients.

If there are any questions, or if you did not get the revised list, please post!

I have the Canadian cash for the van!

Bumping this up!

Interest in Breakfast Meet
Day 2 Day at Sea
Meet in Atrium at 7:55 AM for 8 AM seating at Tritons!

Mathmagicland
johncpm
Pattipook
DisneyBelle99
Tinked
Bobbi
Poison Ivy
Jmedina

Anyone else, we're a friendly group!

Now I'm REALLY thinking about packing. I have done one other Member Cruise so I know there are a lot of gifts. What was your favorite gift from other Member cruises? I remember a Mickey sorcerer hat lanyard that I use for a lot of cruises until it finally broke. It was also nice to get a folding suitcase which was very useful and I can't decide whether to bring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter