September 24, 2011

My husband and are excited about the upcoming cruise. We need to start a fish extender group or find one!:cheer2:

My husband and are excited about the upcoming cruise. We need to start a fish extender group or find one!:cheer2:

Count my husband and I in for the cruise! Can't wait!

First off... welcome!! Secondly, we actually have an FE group and aren't taking any more additions! Sorry. :sad2: Most of the people participating have already made all of their items. We are happy to have you join us though! :thumbsup2

Hi! Welcome aboard. We all are very excited with only a little over 7 days to go.
We do have a FE group but closed it a week or so ago. Most of us made personalized gifts and there's not enough time to add more at this point. Hope your not to disappointed. But on an other note we will probably have a meeting on deck sometime. Your welcome to join us then.

We also have a FB page http://www.facebook.com/groups/disneymagiccruisers/
There's some chatting going on over there as well.

So the time is here for everyone to start wrapping up their packing if not already done... I'm sure some are going for pre-cruise stays like we are soon. Good luck everyone on your packing and travel safe!!

I thought I'd just put it here if that's ok. This is the updated FE list. I took off Tramp&TheLady and put in JOLODA's names and added our newbies! :goodvibes

JOLODA:
2138 & 2140
Jo, Que, Karina (4), Quentin (3) and Dorin (boy-18 months)

GOIU:
Geoff, Lisa, Emma (5), Logan (2)

LILTISH:
Letitia, Alianna (8) – celebrating Allianna’s birthday

PRINCESSMER:
Clark, Meridith (birthday)

DISNEYDREAMIN-GANG:
2630 (first cruise, anniversary)
Brian, Kimberly, Brice (12), Michaela (15)

BROOKE3L
Mimi 40
Tyler 40
Harper 5
Have not received cabin # yet

Janet (37...in another week!)
Rosalba (Grandma) I won't reveal her age...!
DD Kayla (4)
DS Magoo (2) His real name is William, but I don't think he looks like a William...
Cabin # 8532
Celebrating: 1st Disney Cruise

Here you go It's post 367

Well we are down to 4 days before our departure! I can hardly wait! I have most of my packing finished and all of the lose ends tied up! Just checked the forecast and although it looks rainy for St. Thomas and St. Maarten it looks like we will have a gorgeous day at Castaway Cay! :banana:

Hoping and praying to Mother Nature for gorgeous weather all week! No matter... I will be on the Disney boat and happy! :goodvibes

Hello everyone!!

I am sure you are all VERY excited at this point!! I know I would be bouncing off the walls!
I would like to ask a favor of anyone on this cruise...If possible..for someone to save their Navigators from their trip..and maybe send me a copy (email, mail, whatever) of them..It would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Thank you in advance for your help!
Hope you all have a WONDERFUL trip and may the weather be perfect and sunny all week long for you!
:wizard:

Hey M&M, I plan to get navigator copies and scan them when I get home after the cruise. I'll be happy to send you a copy, although my memory is horrible and after 10 days at Disney I may forget. If you shoot me a message post cruise I'll gladly e-mail a copy of the scanned navigator(s).

Can you send me a copy of the navigators as well?

Can you let me know if they still give out Bandanas for Pirate night?

OMG! I CAN HARDLY WAIT! I hope everyone has safe travels! We are leaving Friday! YAY! I am all packed and just waiting on my last minute things to tuck away and off I go!

party::dancer:party::dancer::jumping1::dancer::

Can't wait myself. Starting to pack snacks and essentials. I've also begun charging all the small items like cameras and ipods so they are ready to go.

Just a heads up. It looks like a tropical storm is heading for our destinations.

143931W5_NL_sm.gif

At the moment they are saying it is only a tropical storm and only a 15% chance it might become a hurricane by Monday. By Monday at 2 am it will be to the North East of St Martin and will actually be north of Puerto Rico.

caribean.gif

The way it is heading it will hit St Martin two days before we get there. It looks like St Martin and St Thomas will probably be ok. They will have 50 max mile an hour winds going through, but it is ranked as a tropical storm. If Disney was smart, they would take us to Castaway Cay first since the way the storm is heading it will be in the Florida area anytime Thursday through Saturday. Castaway Cay is off to the east of Florida. The last time we cruised we missed Castaway Cay because of the winds. It only took 40 mph winds for them to skip the island. The max wind speeds for this storm ranked as a tropical storm is 40 mph minimum and go up to 60 mph.

Map_DCL_3_4_Night.jpg

Tuesday is our St Martin Day
Wednesday is our St Thomas Day
Friday is Castaway Cay

The way it is looking I bet we will hit Castaway Cay first and then we will probably have an extra day or two to reach St Martin and St Thomas so they can clean up a little after the tropical storm. I hope they do this. Finger tightly crossed that we are able to reach all of our destinations. Also, I kind of hope the storm is hitting Florida on Saturday and they extend our cruise. It's been done before. I know I would not be crying if the 7 day turned into a 9 day for example. Just an fyi tropical storm Ophelia could impact our cruise. If the schedule does not change we may be looking at our trip to St Martin possibly being swapped, cancelled, or some excursions may be cancelled. We are also looking at a strong possibility our Castaway Cay might be cancelled. This is all speculation, but based on the current prediction and how Disney has to be protective of their passengers we could see some changes. I'm not a hurricane expert. Just an excited cruiser who looked at the current path and pace and how it relates to our destinations.

Up to date link on Tropical Storm status.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#OPHELIA

I've been watching the storm too. We have never cruise before so have no idea how Disney will avoid this, but maybe a Western instead of an Eastern. That wouldn't be too bad either.

I just really really want Castaway Cay. I'll be soo disappointed if we don't make it there!! :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter