September 24, 2011

From what I've read isn't Tue Pirate night? I really couldn't miss that. We have costumes and the kids are really excited about it.
On the other hand that would sure be a reason to book another cruise. "Honey, we have to book another. We missed Palo this time and we really should go there";)

LOL yes Tuesday is Pirate night and they have a pirate menu in the main dining rooms and you get this bandana thing as well. Nothing else special at dinner. They do have the pirate party at 9:45 I believe up on deck 9/10 which is when they do the fireworks and such! :thumbsup2 I have scheduled dinner so we can make the Pirate party! pirate:

Yes, that would be a good reason to book another cruise! If you decide to then let me know... I am a Disney Travel Planner and can get you some extras! :goodvibes And yes... my services are free! ;)

Well if you change your mind about Palo you won't be disappointed I can promise you that! It is probably my favorite place to eat just about anywhere! Kinda sucks and is kinda nice at the same time I have to go on a Disney cruise to eat there! Makes for an expensive meal! :scared1:

LOL yes Tuesday is Pirate night and they have a pirate menu in the main dining rooms and you get this bandana thing as well. Nothing else special at dinner. They do have the pirate party at 9:45 I believe up on deck 9/10 which is when they do the fireworks and such! :thumbsup2 I have scheduled dinner so we can make the Pirate party! pirate:

Yes, that would be a good reason to book another cruise! If you decide to then let me know... I am a Disney Travel Planner and can get you some extras! :goodvibes And yes... my services are free! ;)

Well if you change your mind about Palo you won't be disappointed I can promise you that! It is probably my favorite place to eat just about anywhere! Kinda sucks and is kinda nice at the same time I have to go on a Disney cruise to eat there! Makes for an expensive meal! :scared1:

OK OK you talked me into it. I booked Palo on Friday night at 7. I figured by then we have done the first night of Animators, Pirates, Formal, semi-formal. Not sure if there was anything special the last night so picked it. I'm sure we wont be disappointed.

Thank you for the offer. I will keep that in mind for the next time. I'm sure we won't be taking the kids then.

OK OK you talked me into it. I booked Palo on Friday night at 7. I figured by then we have done the first night of Animators, Pirates, Formal, semi-formal. Not sure if there was anything special the last night so picked it. I'm sure we wont be disappointed.

Thank you for the offer. I will keep that in mind for the next time. I'm sure we won't be taking the kids then.

LOL! YAY! You will love it! Plus it will give you time away from the kids, a little romantic dinner evening! If you do change your mind you can always cancel or if you want a different time then you can change it when you get on board! :thumbsup2

I will be booking the Fantasy for next year while onboard so I can take advantage of booking it through my agency and get the discount and onboard credit! I wanted to take the Dream but it isn't long enough for us! We have done the 3 and 4 nights... we prefer the 7 nights for sure! Can't wait! :woohoo:

I have a question? I know on the DCL site it says Palo tip is included, do you tip more? I know if the service is exceptional tip more but how much? It's a real hot topic on the general boards so I thought I would ask here.:goodvibes

I have a question? I know on the DCL site it says Palo tip is included, do you tip more? I know if the service is exceptional tip more but how much? It's a real hot topic on the general boards so I thought I would ask here.:goodvibes

Palo is $20 per person that is basically for the tip for your server, the assistant and then the manager. Should you choose to tip more that is up to you. We have always had exceptional service there so we will leave an extra $5 a person or something. Palo is not actually a Disney owned restaurant so they work separate from Disney pay. We do make the server work for it as we typically order half of the menu! :goodvibes

So has anyone had any luck with those underwater camera's? I think I'm going to try one of those this cruise, looking at the fujifilm one. I guess I can try it out on CC while snorkeling.

I have one that I am borrowing from my sister for the cruise. It's a Cannon Power Shot D10. She used it on 2 cruise while they snorkeled and said it took great pictures. She said it even took good pictures out of the water.
I'm going to take it over to the pool and play with it. That way I will know how to use it before I need it.

Hello friends,

I was wondering about the head count for our F/E group... Are we still at a group of 24 cabins? Is the list on page 3 accurate? Is there a cut off date for joining? Is there a way we ensure there are not duplicate gifts? I don't mean to be a pest. I just want to do this right....never done this before. I'm also wondering since I need to start shopping for supplies and would like to budget accordingly.

Thanks,
Jo--

(BTW, we will be in cabins 2138 & 2140)

Hello friends,

I was wondering about the head count for our F/E group... Are we still at a group of 24 cabins? Is the list on page 3 accurate? Is there a cut off date for joining? Is there a way we ensure there are not duplicate gifts? I don't mean to be a pest. I just want to do this right....never done this before. I'm also wondering since I need to start shopping for supplies and would like to budget accordingly.

Thanks,
Jo--

Jo,
I think the list is up to date. There are 23 cabins with 2 canceled. But not all of us are doing the FE. Gina has that list.
I can add your cabin info to the list if it's not already there. We are in 2360 and there are several others on deck 2. It will be so much fun.

Hello friends,

Thanks,
Jo--

I posted a message twice earlier this week/last week that my computer crashed and lost all FE info. I have only heard from one family in regards to the FE. If you wish to be on it please re-send your info! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Just in case anyone is interested...

For a trip I took to Discovery Cove last year I looked into getting an underwater camera. Since I had just purchased an SLR and my point and shoot is still in good condition I ended up getting a case to put my regular point and shoot into and it worked really well. I was very skeptical at first but when it arrived I put some of the packaging inside and sealed it up and tested it out. Worked like a charm and was a fraction of the cost. Here is the case I have...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UXOFSK

I posted a message twice earlier this week/last week that my computer crashed and lost all FE info. I have only heard from one family in regards to the FE. If you wish to be on it please re-send your info! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Jo & Que
DD4, DS3, DS18 months
Cabin 2138 & 2140

(sorry about your computer)

I don't know why but I don't get alerts on this thread.

We were hoping to participate in the FE, but the more I look at my crazy calendar between now and D-Day (departure :thumbsup2), the more I realize that there is no way I am going to be able to get a FE done in addition to everything else to prepare. Happy FE-ing though everyone!

Steph

Ok MAGICal cruisers! I need to get this FE list together and I know there are more than two families that wanted to do it! I need to get this out ASAP so others can prepare! I want to get this out by the end of this week if I can!

So... again, I need all participants in the FE to message me either here or via private message to give me their info! Computer crashed! I only have heard from two families!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter