September 23, 2012 Dreaming for 4 nights

So is anyone else dressing up in theme for the pirate party night on board? This is our third cruise and have always regretted not dressing up so this year we are all dressing up. I just hope we aren't the only ones tooling around the dining room looking like a swash bucklers. ARGGGG!!!!!

You won't be the only one! There are 14 of us in our group and we will all be fashioning an eye patch and more Matey!:banana:

nikicares said:
I am sincerely sorry to hear about the loss in your family! Sending thoughts and prayers to you all! :hug:

I have added you to the FE!

I will post the link on Saturday and email you the link as well for the final FE listing, as well.

Hi! Thank you for the kind words.
I noticed that my email is incorrect in the first spreadsheet. It should be doreen . paquette @ wacker. com. (wacker was spelled wrong)

Thanks again for organizing all of this. I know it is a lot of hard work, and we all really appreciate it!

So excited! Me, Lynda (age 52), DD (22) and her BFF (20). Too late for us to do FE, I know, but is there a Meet and Greet everyone's doing? Would love that!

So is anyone else dressing up in theme for the pirate party night on board? This is our third cruise and have always regretted not dressing up so this year we are all dressing up. I just hope we aren't the only ones tooling around the dining room looking like a swash bucklers. ARGGGG!!!!!

Yes my friends and I have our costumes already, this will be my second time cruising with them and it is just more fun to dress the part.

I should have started and thought of this earlier :confused3 But I just created a Facebook group for those of you that have facebook and would like to chat more there!

here is the link to the Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/210405925757429/
or you can search for Disney Dream Sept 23, 12 and I will add you. This is a closed group so only those of us on the cruise can see the page (for privacy).

This is a question for all you experienced cruisers! We can bring a carry on cooler for some beers when we get on the ship….I need to know if we can bring on additional beers in our cooler when we land at Bahamas and Castaway Cay?

Thanks for the advice!

This is a question for all you experienced cruisers! We can bring a carry on cooler for some beers when we get on the ship….I need to know if we can bring on additional beers in our cooler when we land at Bahamas and Castaway Cay?

Thanks for the advice!

You can not take on a "cooler' per say, BUT you can take your own beer/liquor on in a carry on (backpack or such) hint there are some backpacks with a cooler lining (just dont put in ice or anything) ;) shhhhh I didnt tell you this! :rolleyes1

took a cruise,5 countries 3continents HATED it, swore would never cruis again....boyfriends turn to choose vacation destination and he said CRUISE! CRUISE! decided if i must,should find a good line. we are now booked in delux family stateroom w/veranda and now getting excited wondering a few things as im slowly getting blurry eyed reading all options so decided to register and just ask you guys:
any one use AAA access transport from mco to port canaveral? $25 pp each way
can you take liquor bottles on board? read bout beer in back pack, wondering if that is true..we have a balcony and would love to just sit and sip each night....
do you dress for dinner? we were asked to on our last cruise
are the special adult dinners really worth the money?
are there really adult only areas? dont get me wrong, love kids, had 3 and am a grandmother, but dont want to be dogging kids 24/7 on this vacation, TA said this was the best ship around for a short term cruise
anyone been to nassau before? worth exploring on your own or is the ship excursion worth it....or is it a hurried type of tour and your better on your own.

thanks guys for any help or advice since we leave in 6 days! :-)
carp diem

took a cruise,5 countries 3continents HATED it, swore would never cruis again....boyfriends turn to choose vacation destination and he said CRUISE! CRUISE! decided if i must,should find a good line. we are now booked in delux family stateroom w/veranda and now getting excited wondering a few things as im slowly getting blurry eyed reading all options so decided to register and just ask you guys:
any one use AAA access transport from mco to port canaveral? $25 pp each way
can you take liquor bottles on board? read bout beer in back pack, wondering if that is true..we have a balcony and would love to just sit and sip each night....
do you dress for dinner? we were asked to on our last cruise
are the special adult dinners really worth the money?
are there really adult only areas? dont get me wrong, love kids, had 3 and am a grandmother, but dont want to be dogging kids 24/7 on this vacation, TA said this was the best ship around for a short term cruise
anyone been to nassau before? worth exploring on your own or is the ship excursion worth it....or is it a hurried type of tour and your better on your own.

thanks guys for any help or advice since we leave in 6 days! :-)
carp diem

Of course these are MY opinions only... but I am pretty sure you will be happy with your cruise line choice :yay:

To answer some of your questions:
1. any one use AAA access transport from mco to port canaveral? $25 pp each way - Not done this personally so not sure about this one, sorry!

2.can you take liquor bottles on board? read bout beer in back pack, wondering if that is true..we have a balcony and would love to just sit and sip each night.... Yes you can take liquor on board, just has to fit inside a single carry one and must be carried on board with you, through security. Anything in checked bags will be taken out!

3. do you dress for dinner? we were asked to on our last cruise. On this short cruise there is a 'formal' night and a 'pirate' night, and yes many people do dress the part each night, though many do not - choice is yours. Disney only asks that you dress appropriately and no swim wear, tank tops, shorts (maybe dress shorts) at dinners.

4. are the special adult dinners really worth the money? Again this is opinion only, but YES the 2 adult dinners are amazing (Palo at an additional $25 pp, and Remy at $75 pp) worth the experiences of fine dining!

5.are there really adult only areas? dont get me wrong, love kids, had 3 and am a grandmother, but dont want to be dogging kids 24/7 on this vacation. Yes some great ADULT only areas, pool, hot tub, bar,cove cafe, and a night club area for shows and entertainment in the evenings for ADULTS only! Many adults travel with out kids on Disney just for the Adults areas ;)

TA said this was the best ship around for a short term cruise
anyone been to nassau before? worth exploring on your own or is the ship excursion worth it....or is it a hurried type of tour and your better on your own. Disney offers great excursions and they are all within the alloted time your in port, and IF your on a DISNEY excursion and they are late, Disney waits for you... IF your own your own and running late - bye bye ship! There are some great beaches and shopping in Nassua, I have been many times (8 now) and I still like to get off the ship and walk around have a drink at Senor Frogs bar and then back to ship.... but all in what you really enjoy doing!

Hope this helps some, and that you have a great time on the ship. The Disney Dream is a amazing ship with lots of variety of things to do for everyone!

OMG...thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!!!
I literally spent 5 hours surfing different sights to find answers when I stumbled upon the forum, we travel a lot but normally independently, maybe this cruise will repair and restore my relationship with cruising. I am feeling better about it and now looking forward to it.

As for what we like to do, we love history, culture and architecture,..foodies too. also like a bit of adventure. I was thinking of visiting the Junkanoo Expo and Ft. Charlotte, then trying some local cusine and of course doing some souvenir shopping on Bay street. I had an injury to my ankle and knee earlier in the year, although much better, don’t think I could easily climb the Queen’s stairs or do tons of walking, that’s why I was wondering if it would be better to just go on our own to the two main places that interest us, have a meal, then do some shopping. If we have any time left, I thought we could just sit on the beach….BTW is that possible or do we have to purchase a spot on the beach, skimmed over some reviews of people saying they had to pay $50.00+ to be able to claim a spot on the beach.

I have never been to the Caribbean,:confused3 I/we generally travel to Europe and other parts of the world, so this trip is a lot of firsts for me, apologies for all the questions but I have found it is better to be prepared than to just “wing it”.
Thanks again,
Carpe diem
:wave2:
:cool1:

BTW, is there anyone out there that has used a transportation company/shuttle in the past that will take us (2) from MCO to Port Canaveral and back for about $100?....so many out there and with really bad reviews, any advice would be appreciated. since we are flying in the day of the cruise, don't want to take any chances with the transport company not showing on time....of course we are allowing plenty of time but don't want any issues.
thanks again for any help!:worship:

Take Disney, they will not leave you but your over $100 or a town car will run u over 100 but check out fl tours they are great! My opinion STAY ON THE SHIP IN NASSAU! Unless u go I Atlantis. Check out the cruising, HHN22 episode of the southeast travel podcast has info on Nassau actually they have a whole cruise series. I download it from iTunes but you can stream it from their website too. Their younger guys so there more party oriented....lol

For those of you who are interested in carrying liquor on. We do this every cruise and the key is "cushioning" I found some wine bottle shaped bubblewrap that you just slide your wine/liquor bottles into (you can seal the bottom if you like, we don't then use the same wrapper to take our Caribbean Rum off in the same wrappers). These don't add a lot of wait we use them over an over, don't forget a cork screw if you bring corked wine! We also ask our cabin steward to bring us clean wine glasses daily and are able to pour ourselves a glass to take into dinner.

Wow, thanks guys for all the great advice, .....:scratchin and really? you can actually pour a glass of wine to take with you to dinner? Wow, that's great! as for the bubble wrap, I’m Queen of the "flying with liquor in my checked luggage" haven't lost a bottle yet -- we usually rent condo's/apts. or houses when we go overseas, so when we get there, we have our own mini bar without paying Euro prices, but that could not work for everyone, since it adds weight to your luggage.

Ok, now we sound like alcoholics .....:joker: No, not big drinkers, but when on vacation, after a long day of sight-seeing we like to sit and unwind with a glass of something, we usually travel with half pint size bottles. I also like to bring back a bottle or two of something from where we are (full size) for my bar at home, for the holidays to share with family and friends.
I just use regular bubble wrap and put two rubber bands (one on top and one on bottom) around the bottle, use tennis shoes, jackets, jeans, that kind of thing to stuff them in or to put around them for added cushion.

We aren't checking luggage this trip so we will make sure to pick up a bottle or two at Duty free at the MCO airport....there is a duty free at the airport isn't there?

I will check FL transport, see what's up with them, as for Nassau, I have never been, so I would like to get off and have a look around.

:wave2:

If we have any time left, I thought we could just sit on the beach….BTW is that possible or do we have to purchase a spot on the beach, skimmed over some reviews of people saying they had to pay $50.00+ to be able to claim a spot on the beach.

I have never been to the Caribbean,:confused3 :cool1:

There is a "public" beach located right next (actually kind of attached) to the beach at the Atlantis, that you can use free... there is usually a lot of people trying to sell you things though, very nice beach.

I also saw you asked about transfers from airport/port. We personally use private transfers (about $240 round trip) but you can always use Disney transfers at the airport.

Thanks again Nikicares! I am going to look into the Disney shuttle. As for the beach, sounds like a plan.
Thanks again for all your help, I appreciate the time you take to answer all questions patiently. Your the best-est!
:banana: :worship: :yay:

Thanks again Nikicares! I am going to look into the Disney shuttle. As for the beach, sounds like a plan.
Thanks again for all your help, I appreciate the time you take to answer all questions patiently. Your the best-est!
:banana: :worship: :yay:

Awww Thanks:flower3: Its really no problem, I know how stressful it can be to 'not know' what to expect when you go and do something new. I have been on all 4 of the Disney ships and I am happy to share my experience any time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter