September 22, 2012 Fantasy Eastern "From Fantasyland to the Fantasy"

livingis2me said:
Welcome! I've added you. This is going to be a fun cruise!

Where in Tampa do you live? We live in North Tampa around Dale Mabry and Van Dyke.

Ron

Wow! Waters and Montague...town n country/west chase area!

Camella 38, Costa 39, Jackson 13, Naomi 7, Seth 5, Bella 15mo.
Hometown: St. Martinville, La.
Cabins: GTY deluxe Oceanviews (2 of them)
First Disney Cruise!!! Yaayy!!

Sure! My name is Jonathan and my friend Simon and I will be on this cruise in 9560. This will be my 4th DCL trip (all 4 boats!) and Simon's third. We are really looking forward to it!

Welcome to our group! Camella, I added you to our FB page. Jonathan/Simon - we have a FB page if you would like to be added.

Any men out there want to join me in the Sports restaurant/bar Day 2 to watch some NFL while our wives get a spa treatment and our kids play with Buzz?

While we like NFL, we are huge college football fans. I'm sure my DH will be found in the sports bar on Saturday :)

Finally we have POWER!!!!!!!!!! After 5 DAYS without power I am going crazy.... Not only was that going on but my dad also had a heart attack on July 4th and is scheduled to have open hear surgery tomorrow. I am very scared, prayers are appreciated.

We've made a couple of changes to our reservation... first off our stateroom has been upgraded to category 9C (Or higher...) we dont have a # for our room yet because we may get another upgrade. Also... we now have second dining instead of main. Just an FYI if you want to update that on the main post.

Tonight is our checkin for us first time cruisers... wish us luck! Any tips and pointers?

Dustin - I hope your dad's surgery went well. Keep us updated!

Congrats on the upgrade (and potential additional ones!)

Hey gang!

We are finally back from Orlando- what an amazing week! Savannah's team did extremely well in their competition including 3rd place overall - and the competiton was really stiff! Fantastic dance companies from all over the country (including NYC) and Canada. She also did really well in her solo even though she was not feeling well that day. :thumbsup2 Glad to be back home, now that we have reached and passed this big milestone, the next thing on our calendar (besides a weekend camping at FW) is the cruise! I can't believe how quickly it is arriving! We may not even put the luggage away!:rotfl:

:welcome: to the new cruisers that joined this past week!

I am working (slowly) through 418 emails- I know I have a bunch of PM's about FE so I will get to them ASAP. It might take a day or two to get everything sorted out!

Congrats to her team on 3rd place, and did you see Abby Lee???? :rotfl2:

My wife is super excited also. It's our first time on the DCL and she was just drilling me how this whole FE thing works. Like I know. What to make, how many, how and when to drop off... I told her to log on here and do some research and to quit asking me!

Any men out there want to join me in the Sports restaurant/bar Day 2 to watch some NFL while our wives get a spa treatment and our kids play with Buzz?

There are a couple great links on the first post of this thread about the FE. The list will be finalized after 7/22, I believe right now there are 29 rooms signed up. You can give one gift per room, something for the kids and something different for the adults, whatever you want. There aren't really any rules!

Looks like you will be parasailing with my DH, George, and my DD9, Hannah!

Ohhh sweet!!!

My wife is super excited also. It's our first time on the DCL and she was just drilling me how this whole FE thing works. Like I know. What to make, how many, how and when to drop off... I told her to log on here and do some research and to quit asking me!

My buddy, Phil, who will going with me on this cruise is a huge Steelers fan so I am sure he will be meeting you! lol... I'm a Bears fan. We are both from Ohio.

Dad's surgery ended up being a 4-Way Bypass and the surgery went "very good" according to the surgeon.

Since then he has had some issues though... too much bleeding is the main one. He is still out of it and still has the breathing tube in but hopefully he will be waking up today and the tube can come out tonight.

Yesterday was a crazy emotional roller coaster... went from the High of Checking in for my first cruise to the low of dad's surgery back to the high of the surgery going good then the low of the bleeding.... thank you everyone for your prayers! We appreciate them and I pray he continues to get stronger from here on out. Thanks again.

Dad's surgery ended up being a 4-Way Bypass and the surgery went "very good" according to the surgeon.

Since then he has had some issues though... too much bleeding is the main one. He is still out of it and still has the breathing tube in but hopefully he will be waking up today and the tube can come out tonight.

Yesterday was a crazy emotional roller coaster... went from the High of Checking in for my first cruise to the low of dad's surgery back to the high of the surgery going good then the low of the bleeding.... thank you everyone for your prayers! We appreciate them and I pray he continues to get stronger from here on out. Thanks again.

So glad to hear the surgery went well. Prayers for his continued recovery :flower3:

Glad to hear everything went "very good":thumbsup2 Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your waypixiedust:

Ok gang- now that we have the group picture details narrowed down let's jump back to the Dis Meet and see if we can get those plans set!

The traditional meet time for the Dis Meet is embarkation day at 3PM. Does everybody want to go with that?

As far as location, since we will be having the group picture in the Atrium Lobby on the Staircase I thought keeping the location nearby would work best.

In reading a TR from one of the Memorial Day cruisers they used the Vista Cafe on Deck 4 midship overlooking the lobby. It looks like the perfect location to me. It was large enough to accommodate their group, perfect location, quiet and not busy plus free pastries are available and of course drinks can be purchased.

Here is a link to the post of TR which includes several pictures of the cafe and surrounding area and also the view down into the atrium.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45392373&postcount=40

I think this might be the perfect spot!

What is everyone's opinions on the Dis meet time and location possibilities? :goodvibes

Ok gang- now that we have the group picture details narrowed down let's jump back to the Dis Meet and see if we can get those plans set!

The traditional meet time for the Dis Meet is embarkation day at 3PM. Does everybody want to go with that?

As far as location, since we will be having the group picture in the Atrium Lobby on the Staircase I thought keeping the location nearby would work best.

In reading a TR from one of the Memorial Day cruisers they used the Vista Cafe on Deck 4 midship overlooking the lobby. It looks like the perfect location to me. It was large enough to accommodate their group, perfect location, quiet and not busy plus free pastries are available and of course drinks can be purchased.

Here is a link to the post of TR which includes several pictures of the cafe and surrounding area and also the view down into the atrium.

What is everyone's opinions on the Dis meet time and location possibilities? :goodvibes

It looks a little tight, but I guess if the other group made it work we should be able to as well. I think we'll definitely need to move the meet out towards the future sales desk and beyond. I think it would be our best option so that we can get down to the stairs and have our photo taken.

Ron

Hmm. Usually when you book a room specifically that is your room. Maybe the other person has cancelled or they changed staterooms without informing us.

We had ours changed on us once on the Magic because the room we had booked flooded.

So are you with us? If so I'd like to add you to the roll call. Let me know...

Ron

Yes, we'll be there! Room 9662 ;)

Stephanie, husband Jon and daughters Katie and Madison, age 11. First seating dining. Hometown: New Hampshire.

PS. Spoke with my TA and she says that is our room. We'll see! What's the worst that can happen? :)

We'll be at BLT the 19th-22nd then traveling down to the port that morning. Have to visit the new Fantasyland!! :lovestruc

Stephanie, husband Jon and daughters Katie and Madison, age 11. First seating dining. Hometown: New Hampshire.

PS. Spoke with my TA and she says that is our room. We'll see! What's the worst that can happen? :)

We'll be at BLT the 19th-22nd then traveling down to the port that morning. Have to visit the new Fantasyland!! :lovestruc

I like your ideal. Three o"clock sounds good. I have a pedcuire at 5:30. My first. It's the fire and ice. My Me documents arrived today:happytv:also my disney world books.princess:we are down to two months. I will be in orlando Thursday evening. Probaly after check in go to DTD and grab a late dinner,shop and then head back to POR. Then in morning have breakfast with goofy and head to DHS. I also got a hopper pass. I'm thinking i will go into Mk around two thirty. pixiedust:

It looks a little tight, but I guess if the other group made it work we should be able to as well. I think we'll definitely need to move the meet out towards the future sales desk and beyond. I think it would be our best option so that we can get down to the stairs and have our photo taken.

Ron

I was thinking of the space too but if we take over the future sales desk area, you're right, we should be able to make it work. We've done one there before on the Dream with a smaller group and it was very convenient!

We'll meet you there!! :upsidedow

Glad the surgery went well for your dad, bleeding is common it happened with my dad's triple bypass......keeping the PD and prayers flowing your way.
You are one step closer too your first cruise :thumbsup2:beach:

Great location it will work and the time is good with us. :thumbsup2:beach:

Sounds good to me...looks like a great location!

Welcome Stephanie and family :)

Welcome! I'm glad you are with us! I've added you to the roll call. Are the 11 y/o's twins? I'm sure my 11 y/o daughter Savannah would be happy to meet them. She met a girl her age on our last cruise that she still keeps in touch with.

Ron

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter