September 22, 2007 -- WESTERN

Morning everyone! :wave:

We've been away this weekend so just catching up on the thread. Welcome to any newbies, and 'hi' to any lurkers - it'll be great to meet you all in a mere 12 sleeps!!! :cool1: Have we all received our docs now????

Michelle, congrats on the baby boy! :goodvibes

Eva, love the modern fairytale! ;)

Mike, the excitement's getting to us too... :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

I met with supervisor on Friday. My company has given me a separation letter dangling carrots like a 30 day bonus after my last day, cover health benefit for 6 months as long as i sign this agreement i waive any right to bring or file a claim against the company.

they gave me 21 days to decide and consult an attorney regarding these terms. here is the catch, within these 21 days: this week I am being sent to do my job 7-8 drive from my home. of course we all know i am leaving on the 22-29 for the cruise. which gives me 5 days week of Sept 17 to consult an attorney, make a decision to accept their offer, return letter with my signature, or don't sign and no accept the bonus and health coverage.

I can't afford COPRA and i need health coverage due to having a progressive degenerative neuro disease.

I am beyond anger, upset at what they are doing as I have never been written up, haven't been told what functions of my job i am not doing or can no longer due. reason for termination: "due to your medical condition you can no longer fulfill the essential functions of the PC of Florida." Of course they haven't or won't tell me which functions I am not meeting. And they know I really don't have time to consult an attorney, they know I can't go without health coverage. oh I can apply for short term disability which they say will go into affect after my 30 day bonus. ok, someone tell me how my company can say i will qualify for STD? How they know it will be approved?????????

From beginning of August to now just seems my life is spiraling out of control and being hit from all ends. I can't believe my company would do such a thing to anyone.

I have mtg schedule to meet with my voc rehab counselor who helped me get the conversion van and ramp at my home so I could continue working. maybe he can help me in someway...

Oh Marsha, my heart goes out to you. :hug: I wish there was something I could say that would help but as a SAHM and a Brit at that, I don't have a clue! I can't believe your company can treat you so shabbily - I just hope that you can find that extra bit of strength to get through the next couple of weeks and work out what's right for you to do...

My very best wishes as always... :hug:

Marsha, No matter what, get to a lawyer before signing that document. Find a good one that specializes in these types of lawsuits. That letter ought to be enough to get his/her attention. Make that appointment today. If you need someone to help you find the lawyer contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). MAN! THIS MAKES ME SO MAD!!!:mad:

Yikes! I just realized that we leave in 10 days! Tomorrow I will be doing the single digit dance!

madforsun, We (Eva & Steve) are DVC members. So are Karen & Richard (aka CustardTart) and Bob & Penny (aka scottrob). I think there are a few more, but for the life of me I can't remember who. The only reason I remembered the ones mentioned is because we are sharing a table for dinner.

Mike, I hear you. I do feel like a kid waiting for Christmas too! :dance3:

Is anyone still waiting for their docs? I have been trying to fill out the Bahamas Immigration Docs. Some of it is confusing to me. (Remember, I am easily confused! :confused3 ) So we are just going to fill out what we can and sign them. If they want more, they'll just have to tell us what to fill in. I asked on the main board about filing them in and everyone is saying that they are only asking people to fill out the top portion.

dzneprincess, YIKES! Do you still have all your clothes shopping left to do? I can't imagine not having anything done less than two weeks out. You've got a lot more guts than I do. I have been shopping for over 3 months. Now I don't have anything packed yet. But about half of the clothes are washed and folded ready to go into the suitcase. I still haven't done the last minute toiletry shopping. I keep putting it off because Steve hasn't given me his list of needs yet. But it will get done on Saturday. Then I will do the last of the laundry and pack on Sunday.

Marsha --- OMG, I feel so bad for you. I would suggest that you get with a lawyer right away, if for nothing else but to ask for an extension on when you have to make your decision. Also try going the govt route - American's with Disabilities, your Congressman, Etc. If nothing else, they are denying you your right to full disclosure of what they sight as you not being able to do job description wise. I work for a Fed Agency and we sure don't want to hear a Congressman is involved .... gotta drop what we are doing to make them happy.

Still awaiting our documents - thankfully, I kept a copy of the last immigration form we had to fill out JIC.

Now if I can just get packed I'd be a happy camper ... the hubby has had me helping him build a storage barn the last month and it has me soooooooo behind in getting ready.

Well back to work ....

YIPPEE!!!:banana: :banana:

Its official were going. Our documents arrived by courier today. The Canadians are packing up and leaving the great white north eh! and headed to Port Canaveral in just over a week. Plus we purchased our MNSSHP tickets for WDW for the friday night.
Life is good...............

Thanks.. I hope they are at my house as we speak.. Actually, I think I will go home early today.. I will start packing tonight...

PSS I have done nothing to prepare for this cruise, the kids dont even know we are going yet!! They think we are going to WDW and to hang out with Kathy and Jeff aka Beaker1967! Only thing I have done is get the Boardwalk room for the night of 21st.....anyone else thinking of going to MNSHHP that evening???

Hey Amanda you need to let me tell the Kids they are going on the cruise and blow the cover....hahahahahaha... Shame on you not telling your kids we are all going on the cruise...hahahaha.. Just for that you have to buy me my first BBC.....And I will pick up the check for the first night Dinner only... wait no charge for meals.LOL. so you luck out just buying me a drink or 2 or 3 and you get it.... My docs came a few days ago as well......so all I have to say is ALL ABOARD.......Woo hooo... Party Time

Jeff

Hrmmm

According to the chat of folks who just got off the Magic there was a Magarita and Tequila tasting on Monday at 4pm. I assume they meant the tastings occured with the tequila solo and then mixed in the magheria.

I could be tempted. Will make for quite a formal nite!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Marsha --- OMG, I feel so bad for you. I would suggest that you get with a lawyer right away, if for nothing else but to ask for an extension on when you have to make your decision. Also try going the govt route - American's with Disabilities, your Congressman, Etc. If nothing else, they are denying you your right to full disclosure of what they sight as you not being able to do job description wise. I work for a Fed Agency and we sure don't want to hear a Congressman is involved .... gotta drop what we are doing to make them happy.

. ....

Thanks I have found getting a lawyer is more difficult than one would imagine. Unless you have around 500 an hour to pay them. I have contacted EEOC and have a 30 min consult with a lawyer on the 17th. basically to review the letter and let me know if legal or any loop holes. I will have to sign the agreement and they know this as I need health benefits. In the letter they list every possible ACT, agency, discrimination act, ADA, etc... that by signing agreement i waive right to file complaint.

I will sign and just get on with my life. and believe that what goes around comes around <G>

Ok, I am out of town this week working, yeah that's right working my job <G>

Next week I have to get busy getting things ready for the cruise :cool1:

Looking forward to meeting everyone or as many as possible.

And dinners should be a blast each night with Mike, Kathy, Art and Cathy. And of course Pal Mickey and plush Minnie :goodvibes

Oh rec'd documents a couple days ago. So it's official. now to pick the luggage to take and put luggage tags on!!!!!!!!!

Marsha - I am so sorry for what your company is doing to you. :hug:
This cruise seems to come at a good time. You'll get to relax and get away from it all.

My DH and I have the early seating for dinner. I was kind of wondering if any of you other DVC/DIS members would be seated at our table, but maybe not if you are all sitting together. :laughing:

But maybe I'll see you at the DVC meeting onboard.

I'm getting so excited about going on vacation! Next week will be extra busy at work so that will keep my mind off things :)

Hello everyone,
Got the docs from UPS at 6:30 on Friday!!:cool1:
We too are DVC members at SSR and HHI, going to AKV after the cruise!:thumbsup2
Have the early seating for dinner.
Eva - Can you please (again) post the times and places of the "DISmeets?"
We'll be at the Residence Inn on Friday night. Anyone interested to meet in the lobby at 6 PM for pizza and beer?
Sunday afternoon we'll be at the Halfshell Raw Oyster Bar. Anyone interested in making the 10 minute walk - I'm buying the first few pitchers!!:drinking1
Mrs. Owtrbnks is still sewing, I think she has enough DISmastree ornaments for everyone on the ship! (Well at least enough for all you guys!):santa:
Don't forget to wear your lime green in the terminal - we'll be looking for you!:cool2:

I will be at the Residence Inn Friday night as well. Should arrive around 5p. Ellouise, friend going on cruise should arrive around 9p.

Would love to get together to meet you and others that are staying there on Friday night.

See ya in the lobby?

Is everyone ready for our Meet on Saturday at 3:00 pm port side at the Mickey Pool!?!

ONLY 11 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

Also, don't forget the Margarita tasting on Monday. If it is the same as the 09/01/07 cruise, it will be at 4:00 pm on Monday. But be sure to check your Navigator for the time. I'm recommending everyone pick up the tickets for that one right when you get on the ship. WOW! Formal night may not be so formal afterall! :lmao:

EDIT: I thought I better say, I don't mean this Saturday! :rotfl:

Thanks I have found getting a lawyer is more difficult than one would imagine. Unless you have around 500 an hour to pay them. I have contacted EEOC and have a 30 min consult with a lawyer on the 17th. basically to review the letter and let me know if legal or any loop holes. I will have to sign the agreement and they know this as I need health benefits. In the letter they list every possible ACT, agency, discrimination act, ADA, etc... that by signing agreement i waive right to file complaint.

I will sign and just get on with my life. and believe that what goes around comes around <G>

Ok, I am out of town this week working, yeah that's right working my job <G>

Next week I have to get busy getting things ready for the cruise :cool1:

Looking forward to meeting everyone or as many as possible.

And dinners should be a blast each night with Mike, Kathy, Art and Cathy. And of course Pal Mickey and plush Minnie :goodvibes

Marsha, Sorry you are having so much trouble finding a lawyer. Illinois must be a bit different than Florida. Most claims lawyers here would meet with you free of charge and then determine if you have a case. Then if they decided to take the case, you would pay a percentage of the award. If they lose you pay nothing.

Hopefully the EEOC lawyer will have some good advice. You might also contact the American Association of People with Disabilities. I know that they often get involved in injustices. My DA has utilized their services before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter