• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 22, 2007 -- WESTERN

Welcome JR!
JR, You'll find there are a number of DVC members on this thread. So, if you are sailing with us on the Western 09/22/07, you will have neighbors with you already. I have been a member for 10 years and just added another 150 points at AKV. We now own at OKW, Vero, BCV, and AKV. Where do you own?

for the welcome. Eva, we have been members also for 10 years. Have points at OKW and BCV and have stayed at every DVC resort except WL. Had to cancel the member cruise as our grandaughter in Illinois is getting married the day after the cruise returns. Lookin forward to first visit to Caymans and Cozumel.

JR

Welcome aboard JR. Hope that you get to see the western ports. Mike

Karen have a great time in Paris. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

For those who do not know, if you have someone that you want to dine with, you can link your reservation with them and you will be seated together.:banana: Makes it just like family at the dinner table, without all the awkward getting to know you. Mike

Good tip Mike! :thumbsup2 When we went on our 2005 cruise we did just that and we ended up sitting with the threesmiths, americanscrappers clan, scrapperjill and her fam plus her parents and 2 nieces!!! For a head count that made 19! Did I count right guys? lol They ended up sitting the kids (9) altogether and then a seperate table for all us grownups. I thought it was fabulous! It was nice also cause then if one of us had reservations at Palo then the kids could go with the rest of us. I must say we had terrific servers though. Other than that one night that poor Peyton didn't get served. :scared: That was bad!!!

:headache: Found us on page 2!:headache:
Looks like everyone is still having a busy weekend! I think I have spent the last couple of hours planning out details for the 2 other cruises:faint: Like Im suppose to remember everyones name:rotfl2:
Have a Great weekend...... one day closer to vacation 2007:banana:

Ann

Ann we were at our nephews birthday party. Had a great time and were able to get more food in the tummy than on the tummy:rotfl:

I think that I have posted this before, but a good idea is to go to the customer service desk on deck three and check your balance daily on your shipboard account. Those charges for alcoholic drinks and shopping sprees can put you over budget quickly. Mike

Mike... Hope you all had a great time at the B-Day party!
I was just home sweating in 107 heat!:scared1:
Hmmmmm...... why do I live here?

Ann

Hi Everyone! Things have been busy here. The weather is beautiful. We spent the whole weekend outside at baseball fields. Kim, you are right, when we linked ressies it made it perfect for the other adults to go to Palo on a night. In fact, I believe we were at Palo the night that Peyton didn't get served. LOL! The servers were very good too.

Kathy

It looks like everyone was out enjoying their weekend. We had some lovely weather. DH and I did a ton of yard work. Stupid me decided to wear my swimsuit with a pair of shorts and got quite a nice burn on my back. It's weird, but I don't burn very often and I did have an 8 sunscreeen on. I just thought that I better get a bit of sun during the summer, so I don't fry on the cruise. Well, at least I know it will be a tan within a couple days. I also didn't lose any weight this week. I thought with all the yard work I would be set. But I guess the BBQ's and beer took over. I am the exact weight as last Monday. But I did have a fabulous weekend! :thumbsup2

Wow Ann! 107! Yikes! It has been breezy and highs around 85 here. I will be joining you in that heat in June. I have training in Tempe the middle of June. I am going to add a couple of days to the trip and visit my niece, her DH, my nephew, and his DF. I'll stay with my niece because she has a fabulous built in pool and no kids. :cloud9:

Mike, that is a great idea about checking your bill from time to time. The charges sure do add up fast. Not sure that it will have any effect on how I charge though! :lmao:

Hi everyone! Happy Monday to you all... :flower3:

Glad to hear you've been having good weather. Paris was beautiful and very hot - fab weather for sitting at pavement cafes, drinking a glass of rose wine and watching the world go by. Unfortunately it was also good for sampling some delicious pastries and I don't think I dare step on the scales for a few days at least! Oh, who cares! DH and I had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves...

Welcome JR! :wave: Nice to have you along. :thumbsup2 DVC members here too tho' very recent additions to the family as we only joined in February 2007. Look forward to meeting you in 144 days time... :woohoo:

Oops, back on page two again. This lovely weather sure has taken us out and away from the computer. Or maybe it's just work! :crazy2: Too bad we can't all retire and spend hours on the DIS. :idea: Ok, maybe that is a bit much!

Karen, Glad you had a wonderful time in Paris. I've only been once and that was over 20 years ago. DH and I spent 5 days there when we were living in Germany. It was definitely wonderful then. I wonder how much has change since then. Have you ever been to Disneyland Paris? If so, what did you think?

Welcome home Karen. Glad that you had a great time in Paris. Mike

It sure has been hot here. But I am much preferring it over the alternative! :cloud9: And having an inground pool doesn't hurt either.

Hey I have a question for everyone. Has anyone gotten married or renewed their vow's onboard? Disney is now allowing commitment ceremonies and DP and I are thinking about adding it in on the Thursday sea day which just so happens to be our 3rd year anniversary. Just thoughtI would see. This is the best place in the world to learn about all things Disney! :disrocks:

...Karen, Glad you had a wonderful time in Paris. I've only been once and that was over 20 years ago. DH and I spent 5 days there when we were living in Germany. It was definitely wonderful then. I wonder how much has change since then. Have you ever been to Disneyland Paris? If so, what did you think?
Eva, I'm not sure it would've changed too much - we lived there from 1995 to 1997 and it still feels the same to us. I'm not even sure you would think there's more traffic - it's always been quite insane in that area anyway! It's a city that really takes care of itself and ensures the buildings and monuments are all well-maintained. The Tour Eiffel has a fab light show now - TBH that's the only difference I can think of...

We've been to DLP quite a few times and whilst it's fun, it just doesn't have the same feel-good factor that WDW has. I think its a combination of weather and CMs...

Hey I have a question for everyone. Has anyone gotten married or renewed their vow's onboard? Disney is now allowing commitment ceremonies and DP and I are thinking about adding it in on the Thursday sea day which just so happens to be our 3rd year anniversary. Just thoughtI would see. This is the best place in the world to learn about all things Disney! :disrocks:
Kim, we're renewing our vows onboard the Magic on the exact date you're talking about! It's our 25th anniversary on September 23rd so it's almost a match. We're hoping to do it on Deck 7 (weather permitting) and I can't wait... :cloud9:

BTW guys, I am this week's victim in an "Ask Me Anything" thread we regularly have over on the Dis UK Community boards. If anyone would like to participate please feel free to click here...

Karen, i have only been to France for a quick day trip, and that was to Strasbourg.

Another quick tip. Don't forget to take a photo ID along with your Key to the World card as you need both to re-board the ship at ports of call.

A money saving tip at wdw, purchase a soft drink either at the park or before hand. Once you drink the cola just refill the bottle with water from the many water fountains throughout. I know that this seems cheap, but the wife and I both came from large families and money was tight. Mike

hey all. still around sorry for not posting much. things have been busy with work, trying to coordinate getting the chair (which finally rec'd HOORAY) but needs a few adjustment, the van (which not going to be ready as they said by this Friday grrr), a safer ramp (which will be two weeks or more before installed double grrrr), etc....

Just seems trying to get mobility devices one needs to be independent, continue working, ability to go shopping or out in the community that I take one step forward then two backwards for one reason or another. so must say very frustrating. however, I know it will all come together eventually.

On the postive side, am excited that will be spending a weekned this month at POP with friends. Then in June the 3 night cruise, and of course even more excited for the 7 night in Sept.

My bag sitting on floor in bedroom is overflowing with things for the June cruise. But at least when I return from that cruise, I can just leave a lot of stuff packed and ready for Sept. All but clothes of course <G>

Hope everyone is ok, and I apologize that I haven't been keeping up with individual posts but am still excited to meet you all in Sept.

Any other plans made for meeting during cruise that I need to add to website?

thanks

Hey, Marsha! :wave2: Happy to see you're still around! :thumbsup2 Sorry to hear life is a little frustrating for you at the moment - hope it all gets resolved soon and you can concentrate on moving forwards. As Dory says, just keep swimming...

I'm feeling quite excited as I've just booked MNSSHP for DD and myself on October 8th! :woohoo: We've never been to any of the special MK events before so can't wait. We've booked an early dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern prior to the event - should be fab...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter