September 22, 2007 -- WESTERN

Good morning everyone! :wave2:
It's another gloomy November day here in London and I'm definitely in a DCL frame of mind - can't wait for that counter to get into single month figures...

Thanks Mike. :thumbsup2 DH is now favouring the idea of staying at MCO Hyatt that first evening - seems he has some mysterious agenda of his own... :scared1:

Actually, I'm trying to put it at the back of my mind for a while as DH's birthday is coming up plus we have a school reunion looming in a couple of weeks! Seems it's 25 years since we left school and some bright spark thought we should all get together and compare age spots/wrinkles - hurrah! So I'm on a mission to look fab (shallow, vain - moi? :rolleyes1 ) which requires many visits to the beautician - wish me luck... :crazy:

Karen it has been 38 years since we graduated school. The only way I would look better is in a body cast. :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: Mike

That's a great site! :thanks: There's so much to do it's quite amazing! Stingray City sounds fab but I really love the idea of horse riding on a beach at sunset... :cloud9: I must visit the Kennedy Gallery too as I'm always on the look out for interesting artwork... :cool1:

Green turtle farm on Grand Cayman is nice, but if you have been there once that is enough. Stingray city is ok, but it can be crowded at times. Mike

Giving us a helping *bump* :stitch: :thumbsup2

Happy Friday to you all - hope you have a good one. I'm out and about today (which the dogs will not like :rolleyes: ) as I have the usual pre-weekend chores plus I must make hair/beauty appointments - high school reunion now a mere 2 weeks tomorrow! :scared1:

Bye for now... :wave2:

Karen enjoy the school reunion. It is fun to get with your old friends and talk about how your former classmates look. Women and men are both gossips. :lmao:

Kathy is working on the soon to be new grand daughters tumbling block quilt. She is scheduled to be born on Wednesday, 15th of November.

A new baby comming soon...How exciting Papa. Do you all live close so you can see the new arrivial a lot?

We can't wait to try Stingray city. We've booked excursions with Capt. Marvins in GC twice now...but have yet to go :rolleyes: . I think Key West it the port where we can't really decide what to do. At one time we were looking into renting some of those electric cars...and just wandering around seeing the sights. I know we want to go to the most southern point...for a photo op. And to the Hard Rock Cafe' for a glass or two. Oh...and that shoe place...kinos (I think). From the looks of it we'll be busy going from one spot to the next...I know there was also a couple more bars :thumbsup2 we wanted to check out there also. I guess we do have our plans made....by the looks of it we'll be fairly busy.

We're off for the weekend....heading to Seattle. :sunny: We have a black tie galla (fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) to attend. We missed it last year partly because of the timing of our cruise and just getting back a couple weeks before the galla...anyways I'm sorta excited to go again this weekend. It's always a good time...and to see how many people reach out and give $$ is soooo touching. They have one item called "Bid for a CURE"...where ever one (well...alot of people)..just give $$ anyhow...the last time we went they raised OVER a MILLION $$$ within a few min. :teeth: Talk about bring tears to your eyes. :rolleyes: Anyways...I've got to get all my thing packed and together (note to self...packe tissues).

papa said:
...It is fun to get with your old friends and talk about how your former classmates look...
Oh Mike, that's the only reason my DH's agreed to go! That, and the fact he gets to go to an Aston Villa footie (soccer) match while we're up in Birmingham... :rolleyes1
papa said:
...Kathy is working on the soon to be new grand daughters tumbling block quilt. She is scheduled to be born on Wednesday, 15th of November...
Wow! That's very exciting - not long to wait too! :cheer2: Is she your first grandchild, Mike? I think being grandparents must be the best thing - there are no signs in my family (and I don't think it'll be on the cards for a few years yet) but I'm already collecting bits and pieces that I know my future grandchildren will love... :thumbsup2

Scrapperjill, enjoy your Gala and don't forget to keep those tissues handy! Sounds a wonderful event - very worthwhile. :thumbsup2

This will be our second grandchild. We have a 4 year old grand daughter that we babysit every day. We only live about 2 to 3 miles from her. Our son is about 16 miles away.

Kathy be careful on your trip and hope that everyone has a great Veterans or Remembrance day. Mike

That's wonderful, Mike - what a blessing to be so involved in your grand-daughter's life. I hope to offer the same kind of support to my kids when the opportunity presents itself. How many children do you have? We have 3 - DD23, DS21 and DS13...

We had our usual silence at 11am in memory of those who have died to protect/defend our country. Is your Veteran's Day on the same date?

Veterans day is celebrated on the 11th of November here in the States.

Our children are DD33, DD31 and DS28. :teeth: We have a few more sunrises and sunsets on our frames than you younger whipper snappers :lmao: :rotfl2: Mike

A new baby, how wonderful! Congrats!!

Sandy, I hope you enjoyed your weekend and that they made even more money this year for CF. I am sure you needed alot of tissues!!!

Well, wish us luck today, my DS Anthony's flag football team is playing in the SuperBowl!! They are the underdog's but do have the best Defense in the entire division. Last time they played the Steelers, they only lost by 6 points (the Steelers beat every other team by 20+ points), so it should be a very good game. :cheer2: GO EAGLES!!! :cheer2:

Then, we have the Chicago Bears game tonight!! Oh, it is either going to be a wonderful day or a heartbreaking day. Keeping my fingers crossed for wonderful!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Kathy

Kathy hope that the flag football game was a victory for your team. Mike

:cheer2: :cheer2: YEA....for Anthony and his team...SuperBowl CHAMPS :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I for one think having grand parents so near is just WONDERFUL. We moved back from Seattle after we had Alexis (our first dd) just so she and my grandparents (her great grandparents) would be close... And although I didn't (and sometimes still don't) like the idea of moving from Seattle back to my hometown...the realationship my grandparents had with us and our kids made it TOTALLY worth it.

Our Gala was wonderful. They raised OVER 2.5 MILLION dollars JUST on the live auction.... That's not counting all the money raised from the silent auction items. And OVER 2 million of that amount was JUST on the Bid for a Cure. (That's about 20 min during the live auction that they just have people bid...aka give what they can). And yes I did need all those tissues....it was absolutly amazing. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter