• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2016 Code Watch

Well, lucky is relative - normally it costs us a minimum of $300/person to fly anywhere, ever, and only goes up from there. All those low cost SW flights never include us ;)

You got that right. They had advertised flights out of Buffalo for $97 the other day, but they weren't to Florida, just BWI.

I read somewhere that 54-57 days out is a good time to buy flights - do you guys think that is true? I'm a little nervous about waiting to buy tickets because we're traveling with DD3 and I want to make sure we're all three together.

I can say it worked for me last year we went through Delta.. and I started looking in early Aug for our Oct trip and the lowest price available through anyone was $394, my mom told me to be patient and look again around 50 days. I looked again the first week of Sept (being around 50ish days out from our trip) and found Delta was the cheapest with $277 roundtrip snagged those guys up and bought flight insurance for $70 (all together NOT a piece) because I already saved over $400 (4 Adults on trip)and who wants to chance a weather delay with a baby. I will even wait to purchase tickets again this go-round.

I read somewhere that 54-57 days out is a good time to buy flights - do you guys think that is true? I'm a little nervous about waiting to buy tickets because we're traveling with DD3 and I want to make sure we're all three together.

Also I just remembered our flight last year on our connecting to Florida our passes didn't have our seats (our first flight did..all the same airline) we were then told that was because seating was changed. We were given new tickets with seats during the boarding process. I had originally picked seats for 3 travelers in one row and 1 right across.. the new arrangement was 2 and 2.

Following! Looking to book Sept 13-20 at either POP or POR. Obviously hoping for free dining - but waiting rather impatiently!

I'd love free dining. But did you have to add park hoppers last year during the September free dining?

I'd love free dining. But did you have to add park hoppers last year during the September free dining?
Yup, you needed to add Park Hopper tix to qualify for FD (park hopper tix were a requirement for the 2016 Sept FD BB).

When you have to add park hopper is the room discount a better deal?
Hi! No, the room rate is the "rack" rate - no discount. The Free Dining is quite valuable - I think Disney charges ~$60 per person over 10 yrs old. During our last vacation in Sept 2015, I booked a BB offer with Free Dining....have been trying to change from a standard room at CSR to a preferred room - no luck yet!

Historically, can you upgrade from a quick service to regular dining plan when you are given free dining at a value?

Does anyone know if there's typically any other discount other than FD during September? We qualify for the military discount, but our preferred resort is booked for that promo. Hoping to possibly use a different promo to get to stay at our "home" resort!

Does anyone know if there's typically any other discount other than FD during September? We qualify for the military discount, but our preferred resort is booked for that promo. Hoping to possibly use a different promo to get to stay at our "home" resort!
I believe there was a room-only discount also available at the time in the past.

Following. My daughter wants to go for her 10th birthday (October 2nd) so I'm thinking of a quick birthday trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter