• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2016 Code Watch

Watching as well. Planning on going Sept 16-24. I have a feeling that Disney may be getting away from the free dining promo so I am not getting my hopes up for it this year.

Following too! Girlfriend trip Sept 13 - 17 - Booked at All Star Sports right now -

Following along...booked Sept 11-16 at Wilderness Lodge...hoping for a nice discount! pooh:

So Southwest just released their flights for my Sept dates....and the prices are up over $100 from the dates they had out previously!! And...there are only three flights leaving out on a Saturday! Please tell me ALL their flights aren't posted yet!

So Southwest just released their flights for my Sept dates....and the prices are up over $100 from the dates they had out previously!! And...there are only three flights leaving out on a Saturday! Please tell me ALL their flights aren't posted yet!

Unfortunately, all of their flights have likely been released. I can't say I've ever seen them add more flights to the schedule. But I could be wrong. JetBlue released their flights into Sept/Oct this month. I too was disappointed with their fares. Given how low gas/oil prices are, I was hoping for at least fares as low as this time last year. :headache:

I'm hoping that they're starting high, but the fares will come down. I've been keeping an eye on them and fingers crossed!

I read somewhere that 54-57 days out is a good time to buy flights - do you guys think that is true? I'm a little nervous about waiting to buy tickets because we're traveling with DD3 and I want to make sure we're all three together.

Unfortunately, all of their flights have likely been released. I can't say I've ever seen them add more flights to the schedule. But I could be wrong. JetBlue released their flights into Sept/Oct this month. I too was disappointed with their fares. Given how low gas/oil prices are, I was hoping for at least fares as low as this time last year. :headache:

I'm hoping that they're starting high, but the fares will come down. I've been keeping an eye on them and fingers crossed!

I'm actually fine with the times...it's the prices. Makes me so irritated. I was checking the dates for July etc before Sept dates came out and we could fly both ways for less than $200 total. It's $295 now. We have 7 people going.

I read somewhere that 54-57 days out is a good time to buy flights - do you guys think that is true? I'm a little nervous about waiting to buy tickets because we're traveling with DD3 and I want to make sure we're all three together.

Yeah that makes me nervous too to wait that long. Wish we knew the answer on what to do!

I've heard that too. i think there is some truth to it. I've also heard/read to shop for fares on Tuesdays. :confused3

But it's a gamble.

I'm just hoping Disney will release the fall deals for the resorts soon so that I can get a better feel for the overall cost of the trip. I thought I read that discounts are often released around this time of year. Is that true?

I'm in the same boat. American used to have about 7 flights heading to Orlando, now they only have 3 per day. I am afraid to wait and see if more come out because if they don't, then the availibility could be low for what's out now.

No one must be flying out of Upstate NY. Our prices (I checked a few different Sept/Oct combos) are all significantly cheaper than 2 years ago or even December last year. Looking at a $200-300 savings for my family of 4.

I'm in the same boat. American used to have about 7 flights heading to Orlando, now they only have 3 per day. I am afraid to wait and see if more come out because if they don't, then the availibility could be low for what's out now.

I went ahead and booked last night. I was nervous for the same reasons. The times were perfect and direct flights too. They raised $20 overnight!

No one must be flying out of Upstate NY. Our prices (I checked a few different Sept/Oct combos) are all significantly cheaper than 2 years ago or even December last year. Looking at a $200-300 savings for my family of 4.

You are lucky! We are flying out of Louisville. I even checked Indianapolis, St Louis, and Nashville

You are lucky! We are flying out of Louisville. I even checked Indianapolis, St Louis, and Nashville

Well, lucky is relative - normally it costs us a minimum of $300/person to fly anywhere, ever, and only goes up from there. All those low cost SW flights never include us ;)

Joining in on the watch. Luckily, I'm booked on the free dining BB but some of my family is joining me later on in the week. Stayed up all night refreshing the page last year- *hopefully* I'll be doing the same thing again this year to get them FD!

Just book our September trip! Impatiently waiting to here abou discounts! I am hoping for free dining

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter