• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SEPTEMBER 2016 Car Rental Watch

I am using coupon code AD3868JST which saves $25 but I don't remember what/who the code is for. Anyone?

That's a general Alamo coupon code for $25 off "specialty vehicles", although it also seems to work for several of the common car classes. I would guess there's at least a weekend or 3 day minimum rental (maybe more) tied to it...I'm using it on a 4 day over a weekend. It's a public code, so you don't need any affiliation with a group or anything like that and its electronic, so you won't need to present a physical coupon.

That's a general Alamo coupon code for $25 off "specialty vehicles", although it also seems to work for several of the common car classes. I would guess there's at least a weekend or 3 day minimum rental (maybe more) tied to it...I'm using it on a 4 day over a weekend. It's a public code, so you don't need any affiliation with a group or anything like that and its electronic, so you won't need to present a physical coupon.

Great, thanks! We are renting a minivan for 9 days so we should meet all those requirements. :)

On the Alamo website, signed in as an insider, I got about $25 savings from a few weeks ago using AD3868JST and the Costco code. Specifically, Full Size for 10 days with an MCO pickup and TPA drop off was $173, Midsize SUV is $213. Best rates I have seen so far.

Has anyone used the Dollar Lock Low & Go rental? For our dates - 9/28 pick up at MCO at 9:30 pm and drop off 10/4 at 7am, I can get $107.90. It says compact or larger. Right now I have booked Alamo compact using the $25.00 and another code and it took the AS1 code (I booked this a several weeks ago when it was being accepted) for $108.00 total. But I am nervous about the code being rejected when we pick up. We have always rented through Alamo so making the leap to Dollar makes me nervous as well!

Thank you!

I checked prices again today and my rental was about $15 cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago. So now I have an Intermediate SUV booked through Costco for Alamo for $246.19 for 11 days.

I checked my prices today and they are exactly the same as the last time I rebooked on 8/22. I have a minivan for 8 days for $238.16. This is with the Costco code w/free 2nd driver and the AD3868JST $25 off coupon. We leave a week from Friday! :)

I booked with Alamo on 8/11/16 for 4 days beginning 9/14/16 and my rate stayed the same for several days and now has gone up. I have checked religiously but have not seen it go down. I can only assume it is the lowest it will go. It's not bad but I have definitely had better.

I checked my prices today and they are exactly the same as the last time I rebooked on 8/22. I have a minivan for 8 days for $238.16. This is with the Costco code w/free 2nd driver and the AD3868JST $25 off coupon. We leave a week from Friday! :)
Hello

I have the same deal (Coupons and Costco) for 8 days leaving on Friday.:yay:

Dollar is having a One day 20% sale today (Sep 8), valid for pickup Sep 9-Oct 8. It didn't really help me, but you might want to plug it in and see if it helps. Use promo code 101131

Right now I have booked Alamo compact using the $25.00 and another code and it took the AS1 code (I booked this a several weeks ago when it was being accepted) for $108.00 total. But I am nervous about the code being rejected when we pick up. We have always rented through Alamo so making the leap to Dollar makes me nervous as well!

Thank you!

We used the AS1 code (along with the AP code) for our rental with Alamo 8/20 - 9/3/16 and had no problems whatsoever. We completed online checkin and skipped the counter. In fact, our rental was about $2.36 cheaper than the confirmation because we returned it at about 4 pm instead of 5 pm.

We used the AS1 code (along with the AP code) for our rental with Alamo 8/20 - 9/3/16 and had no problems whatsoever. We completed online checkin and skipped the counter. In fact, our rental was about $2.36 cheaper than the confirmation because we returned it at about 4 pm instead of 5 pm.

We used AS1 as well Aug 29 - Sept 5. Picked up car at Car Care Center (I went to the counter) and returned to MCO. Also used Costco code and $25 coupon. Full Size $130. No issues at either location and the receipt matched my confirmed rate.

We successfully made it back with 2 rentals booked under "drive happy" with the Costco code and the entertainment book 15$ off. Nobody asked to see either a membership card or a paper coupon. 172$ for a rental from 9/1 to 9/11.

They directed us to the full size aisle. In it were Hyundai sonatas, Toyota camrys, and Nissan altimas. There were also smaller pickup trucks (Nissan). No minivans.

Mine went back up last week and is now back down to $96.01. The "standard" is still more expensive. Wonder if their system figured out that people were booking standards at MCO. Lol.

Had to change my trip by one day. Best price I could get was Alamo mid-size SUV for $127 (9/24 - 9/28). Hoping something will come up cheaper before next Saturday.

How close to picking up car can you do online check in?

Not sure. I assume you're talking about Alamo. I generally do it the day before, once I'm convinced I'm not going to get a better rate. (And if you do find a better rate, I don't believe online check-in really commits you to anything...you could still be a no show and not be charged)

$248.20
Minivan - Budget (through BJs travel)
09/22-09/30
BCD Number: V923000 (BJs)
Coupon Code: MUGZ079 ($20 off weekly - BJs)

Just wanted to report back our experience on Wednesday. We landed at MCO and had done online check in so we went straight to the garage. We had reserved a standard/full size and were pleasantly surprised that there were only two "cars" (a Sonata and Altima) on the row and everything else was a minivan or SUV. We ended up choosing a 4X4 Jeep Patriot.

I also wanted to report back to thank everyone who posted the contract and coupon codes for a September rental. We had no problems at all picking up our Alamo rental at Dolphin: 13 day rental (9/21 - 10/04) for $239!

Full-size choices are limited at Dolphin compared to MCO. It was either a Chrysler 200 or Hyundai Sonata. The rental agent even double-checked to see if an Altima was available, but nothing. We went with the Sonata and we weren't disappointed.

I still have the Orlando area map with all the National/Alamo locations noted on the map if anyone would like it. I'd be happy to mail it out. :)

Also just back from an excellent rental with Alamo:
- Had a 4 day compact rental for $66 all in. I booked it about 2 months ahead of time. Prices went higher after that, but came back to within a couple dollars only a few days prior to departure. (I had a Costco rate + the $25/off specialty (AD3868JST)(which applied to most classes).
- We were 3.5 hours late coming in, making our arrival about 1:00AM. Thank goodness for online checkin with Alamo. Went straight out to the garage after collecting luggage.
- They were out of compacts and I could see the compact row was empty, so they upgraded us to a midsize. Wound up with a brand new Mazda 3 that had all of 5 miles on it. Nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter