September 2015 Fort Wilderness Meet & Greet Thread

In the spirit. We will be there for a week, and as always a live trip report.

Garneska
Kris and Bert
Sep 5 to 12 (and taking the whole week off verses the usual working some)
Mallory and Yeti
Premium loop hopefully 700.

Getting the whole week as I may have to cancel my trip in Nov

Greetings
Our Maiden Voyage in our new Pop Up will be to Fort Wilderness over my birthday.
I love not growing up..

Joe Patterson
Joe and Tammy Patterson
5 year old young lady
Arriving 20th departing 24th
Loop 1500

Hope to meet some of you there.

We are not doing the parks this trip, just camping and a trip to Whispering Canyon on the 20th for the BDay dinner.

Safe travels everyone!

We are booked the 6th to the 12th. I requested 1100 loop. 4 park days and 1 SeaWorld day for us. Driving from Wisconsin. This is our 2nd fort trip.

Alright guys, looking forward to some trip info and maybe some pictures if you have a chance. I know we have a crowd coming in October, but I'm watching you guys until then so don't think you've been left out.

Oh, and I expect some squirrel feeding and pictures as well.

:squirrel:

Last edited:
Alright guys, looking forward to some trip info and maybe some pictures

Don't you worry, will have plenty of pictures. This is our maiden voyage in our used motorhome we bought last year. We've been fixin' her up and all getting ready for this trip. We're checking in on 9/10 for one night, going on a 3 night Disney cruise, then checking back in at the fort on 9/14.

Our Maiden Voyage in our new Pop Up

Good luck to you all! It's our maiden voyage too. We've got a 1990 Driftwood by Rockwood motorhome. She's an old girl but I've had her gone through with a fine tooth comb so with a prayer and some pixie dust we'll hopefully make it down there safe. It's only about 6 1/2 hours for us (Pensacola, FL) so we should be ok.

Husband found out he can get out of work earlier than expected and was able to add on the 3rd and 4th to our reservation. Dh spent the day installing a backup camera on the rig and all sorts of stuff to get ready now that we don't have much time left. Hoping we can stay in the same spot instead of switching when the first reservation ends.

It appears everyone is getting their rigs ready and I am getting the dogs ready. Mallory got a sanitary haircut and wash, while yeti got a haircut. All done by us, they look a little funny but it will do. They also got their flea medicine, which yeti hates, and heart worm medication. The rig was actually rented today so I could not take anything over there but the great thing is it will all be cleaned when we pick it up. Am sure we will get it pretty dirty with dogs and rain. I still love going to the fort. We are excited we got a new front ac unit and we are bringing a portable ac to help keep the rig cool. Though this is the first time out with the new ac and I am sure hoping that makes a difference.

It is going to be a busy week at work this week. Won't leave a lot of time to get ready, but we will manage.

So I'm going to "borrow" Sirenia88's idea and start a meet & greet thread for September. One of the best things about camping is getting to meet new people. So if you're going to be at the Fort in September, check in and I'll get you added to the current reservations list below. Look forward to seein' y'all!

Please post the following:
Your DIS Boards Username
Dates you will be onsite
Loop Type/Loop # Requested
Party Info (# of Adults/Kids)

Don't forget to make your DIS Campsite Marker that Bama_Ed designed so other DIS'ers can find you :-)

Current Reservations
SimbaLover - 09/04(Fri)-09/18(Sat) - Full - 2A 3C 2D
Lynn-e-pooh - 9/5(Fri)-9/10(Thurs) - Premium - ?
Garneska - 9/5(Fri)-9/12(Sat) - Premium/700 - 2A 2 “Widdle ones”
Elianor - 9/6(Sat)-9/11(Fri) - Tent/1500 - 2A 2C (DH&DW+DD+DS) (Plus friends)
LHARPSTER - 9/6(Sun)-9/12(Sat) - Premium(1100) - 2A 2C (DH&DW+DS+DD)
BishopArc - 09/14(Tues)-09/20(Sun) - Premium - 2A(DH&DW)
skyp4wdw - 9/15(Wed)-9/25(Fri) - Tent/1500 - 2A
CrumleyFamily - 09/19(Sat)-09/26(Sat) - Premium - 2A 3C (DH&DW+2DD+DS)
Joe Paterson - 9/20(Sun)-9/24(Thurs) - Popup (1500) - 2A 1C (DH&DW+DD)
CooperPrincesses - 09/20(Mon)-09/27(Sun) - Preferred - 2A 3C(DH&DW+3DD's)
kneemeister - 9/20(Sun)-9/26(Sat) - Full (1600) - 1A
Yellowstonetim - 09/29(Tues)-10/09(Fri) - Full - 2A(DH&DW)
Uruguayo21-
9-29/10-03
1400 Loop
We will have our DisBoards sign out! Can't wait to meet up!!

I've been hanging out on the October thread, since most of our trip will be in October. But can I join in here as well? :)

Like Uruguayo21, we are arriving on 9/29 and checking out 10/13.
Our brother/sister in law and their 5 kids also arriving 9/29 and checking out 10/7.
We've both requested the Big Bear Loop (1400) and will both be renting a camper from Florida camper rental.
Our party is 2 adults, and our 4 kids: 2 boys ages 13 and 13, and a boy and girl ages 10 and 10. (2 sets of twins)
Our brothers family is 2 adults and 5 kids: boy 13, girl 14, boy 12, girl 9, and boy 4

Good 'evenin y'all. As was suggested on another thread I went ahead and created us a September 2015 Combined Live Trip Report thread. Feel free to post your live trip report in that thread (or make your own if you'd like.) Everyone always enjoys seeing pictures from the Fort and as Bama_Ed says, it didn't happen if there's not a picture =)

Safe travels to each and every one of you and feel free to drop on by and visit us when we're there!

Disnic75
Sat Sept 19th- Sat Sept 26th
Full Hookup Pet Loop
3 adults 3 dogs

We are renting a camper from Greenberg RV which we have done several times. They are great to rent from. My niece is there now as part of the Disney College Program. We promised to bring her little dog for a visit.

Kazlac4
Checking in 9/18, leaving 9/28. Last year we had the trip of a lifetime with all of our kids and grandkids. This year it is just the DH and our traveling pooch Miss Molly! This will certainly be a more laid back trip than last (but I know I will be missing my family, wishing they were all here :( ). Hope to maybe say hello to some of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter