• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2015 Countdown!

3 days!

And in those three days we will be anxiously watching the plans of TS Erika... :( I know we will be in for a lot of rain on our trip no matter what path the storm takes, which is disappointing since it's our very first trip and it's so short.

TS Erika is even less of a TS today!!!! I've been watching the news & she lost lots of strength overnight! I hope you enjoy your trip!

One more week!! And... I woke up feeling like I'm getting a cold. :faint: Oh well, best to get it over with now I guess!

This is our first trip since 2010! Our plans are:

Arrival Day - Saturday 9/5 - arrive around 5pm. Check in at POP. Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe. MK until 2am.

Sunday - Check out of POP. Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe, AK. AK for the day. Dinner at Boma, AKL. Check in at POFQ. Boat to Downtown Disney for the evening.

Monday - Breakfast at POFQ. EPCOT. Lunch at Biergarten. DHS EMH's.

Tuesday - Breakfast at POFQ or POR. EPCOT. Lunch at Le Cellier. More EPCOT. Dinner at 'Ohana. MK EMH's.

Wednesday - Check out of POFQ. Breakfast at Crystal Palace. MK. Check in at AKL. Dinner at Sanaa.

Thursday - Early Breakfast at Boma. Rope drop at AK until close. MK. Dinner at BOG. MK until close.

Friday - Rope Drop at MK. Lunch at BOG. MK until early closing. EPCOT. Dinner at Via Napoli. EPCOT EMH's.

Departure Day - Saturday 9/12 - Up in the air. Maybe go over to Boardwalk area before heading to DTD for lunch at T-Rex. Late afternoon Magical Express to airport.

Can't wait!! :jumping1:

We will be staying at the All Star Music September 20 thru the 28th. Going with our daughter and family. Looking forward to seeing the granddaughters first trip to Disney!

Aaawwww! So cute. I love going with first timers..especially kids :)

I haven't planned anywhere near as much for this trip as I usually do. I know DH wants a semblance of a relaxing trip, and it's going to be much hotter than what we're used to, but here's the general plan, and I'll be printing out EasyWDWs cheat sheets to take along and come up with plan for what we'll do in which order.

Day 1: We won't arrive until after 5pm. It's going to be a LONG day of traveling. We may hit the pool at CSR for a little while, but hopefully I'll be able to get the kids into bed around their usual bedtimes, which would be 8 & 9pm Florida time. Hopefully, our bags will arrive in time for me to put everything away, so I don't have to do any of that later in the week. We may head over to DTD to activate our AFS tickets, and I think DS and DH would enjoy a visit to the Lego Store. No set plans for eating. I used to plan meals for arrival day, but we've ended up canceling them pretty much every time, so now that there's a fee for canceling most things I don't see the point.

Day 2: Animal Kingdom day.
Fast Passes for Kilimanjaro Safaris, Festival of the Lion King, and Finding Nemo: The Musical. If we want to do Everest, we'll just single rider line it, but since neither of the kids can do it, we'll probably skip it. We'll probably spend some time in the Boneyard, and I really want to do lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. We usually take a break around 1pm, and go back to the hotel for a few hours. We may or may not return to a park in the evening, but it will probably be Magic Kingdom if we do. I've thought about switching and just getting MK FPs for the evening, since the only one at AK we'll likely really 'need' a FP for is Kilimanjaro Safaris, but I'm not sure it will be worth it if we decide to just relax a bit in the evening. I'm also not exactly sure what we would get. Maybe Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and the Barnstormer? In reality, we'd probably be happy playing the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game.

Day 3: Hollywood Studios Day
This is my "Rope Drop or Die" day.
We definitely want to sign DS up for the Jedi Training Academy, then we have a late breakfast ADR at Hollywood & Vine.
Fastpasses are at Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, and the Frozen sing-a-long. I may change Frozen to something different, but I'm not sure. Nobody in my family is a Frozen die hard, so Indiana Jones FP may do just as well. I just like doing everything once. I may need to plan this day in more detail, since the shows can be difficult to fit in. It's hard since I don't know what time we'll get for the Jedi Training Academy.
No idea what we'll do in the evening. Fantasmic is my favorite evening entertainment, but I don't particularly like keeping the kids up late. Since we have a meal scheduled, our break time will likely start closer to 2pm, and we won't likely be ready to return to a park until 5.

Day 4: Break Day
We only have 4 day tickets, so we'll spend this day at the pool. I have an ADR at Las Ventanas for dinner, but I may change it.

Day 5: Epcot Day
Fast Passes at Soarin, Character Spot, and Spaceship Earth. I haven't decided if I want to do lunch or dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh, so I have ADRs for both, and will pick before we leave. The tough part here is that Epcot is DH's least favorite park, and the only thing he really likes about it is the Fish & Chips at the UK. This drives me crazy, because Epcot has the most options, but if I want to schedule lunch, so we can go somewhere else in the evening if we want, then DH doesn't get his Fish & Chips. So basically we have to spend more time in the park that he likes the least in order to accommodate his food request. I may actually have to break the Disney cone of silence and ask him what he would prefer.

Day 6: Magic Kingdom Day
Fast Passes at Enchanted Tales with Belle, Peter Pan, and the Mine Train. My biggest problem with this day is that the Mine Train wasn't available at an ideal time, so we're pushing the limit on our break time. I may end up sending DH back to the room with DD, and just keep DS with me to ride. MK closes at 7pm, so if we go anywhere in the evening, it won't be back there. Maybe I should switch Marrakesh to this night, and plan to watch Illuminations on our last night?

Day 7: Departure Day
We'll probably have to hop on ME fairly early in the morning, so not much time left for relaxing.

Wow...great plans! I would never in my wildest dreams not do MK first, but youre probably very smart as Im sure the majority do MK first and later in the week, MK is probably quieter. Fantistic plans :)

One week from today (my countdown is off by one day below because we added a day but I didn't want to see Mickey start all over). Here are our plans:
Staying at POP 9/5-9/16

Day 1 - Arrival Day - head to MK after check in.
Day 2 - MK - Dinner at CRT
Day 3 - HS - Frozen Premium Package and lunch at Sci-Fi
Day 4 - EP - Dinner at Chefs De France
Day 5 - AK/DTD - Dinner at House of Blues
Day 6 - MK - Dinner at BOG and Wishes Dessert Party
Day 7 - AK/EP Maybe - Dinner at Boma
Day 8 - EP - Lunch at San Angel
Day 9 - MK - Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour - Dinner at Tony's
Day 10 - HS - Lunch at 50's Primetime
Day 11 - MK - Lunch at BOG - Dinner at The Plaza - MNSSHP
Day 12 - Home :(

Yummmm. Drooling over your ADRs. What is the Marceline to MK tour? Have WONDERFUL trip :)

One more week!! And... I woke up feeling like I'm getting a cold. :faint: Oh well, best to get it over with now I guess!

This is our first trip since 2010! Our plans are:

Arrival Day - Saturday 9/5 - arrive around 5pm. Check in at POP. Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe. MK until 2am.

Sunday - Check out of POP. Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe, AK. AK for the day. Dinner at Boma, AKL. Check in at POFQ. Boat to Downtown Disney for the evening.

Monday - Breakfast at POFQ. EPCOT. Lunch at Biergarten. DHS EMH's.

Tuesday - Breakfast at POFQ or POR. EPCOT. Lunch at Le Cellier. More EPCOT. Dinner at 'Ohana. MK EMH's.

Wednesday - Check out of POFQ. Breakfast at Crystal Palace. MK. Check in at AKL. Dinner at Sanaa.

Thursday - Early Breakfast at Boma. Rope drop at AK until close. MK. Dinner at BOG. MK until close.

Friday - Rope Drop at MK. Lunch at BOG. MK until early closing. EPCOT. Dinner at Via Napoli. EPCOT EMH's.

Departure Day - Saturday 9/12 - Up in the air. Maybe go over to Boardwalk area before heading to DTD for lunch at T-Rex. Late afternoon Magical Express to airport.

Can't wait!! :jumping1:

Resort hopping! Im jealous. I would love to try different ones in one trip, but with the kids, it would be difficult. Some day...... Have a great trip :)

Everyones plans sound amazing. Im sooo excited for all of us pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Pixie Dust for everyone to have a MAGICAL vacation party:

So jealous of all of you with long trips, we are only there for the weekend (though will be back in December, so I guess I can't complain!!).

Saturday 9/5 - Arrive at MCO at 9:30 am and head to HS for Frozen Summer Fun. It's DD's birthday so I've scheduled an appointment at the Ice Palace Boutique and we are doing the FSF premium package. Will have a mini cake waiting for her in the room when we get back.

Sunday 9/6 - MK day - pre rope drop breakfast at BOG and dinner at CRT. What better way to celebrate the princess's birthday?! :)

Monday 9/7 - breakfast at Chef Mickey and chill at CR until our ME pickup.

Short but sweet. And DD still doesn't know we're coming!!

I love everyone's plans! It makes me so excite for y'all! :goodvibes I hope everyone will post a little here during their trips!

I finished shopping for our trip. At least I hope so. :rotfl: Grabbed a few Coleman emergency ponchos in case it gets pretty bad out and sandwich bags for the ponchos and our meds. I cleaned out my purse and wallet and it's so nice and empty! :laughing: I'll definitely be able to carry quite a bit. How are the bag check people with meds? I have to take my medicine at night and really don't want to carry 2 bottles of medicine, plus a bottle of vitamin d pills (the bottle is huge), birth control, and 2 bottles of my husband's pain meds through the parks. I'd love to just put mine in a sandwich bag and his in a sandwich bag each day. I've never had to bring any of this besides my birth control (which comes in a little package) into the parks. I just want to be prepared. I'll be following the TSA rules for the plane, but I wasn't sure about Disney.

I guess I'll add my itinerary too!

09/13 - Fly out of STL and arrive in MCO around 1:30 pm. I'll then get a rental car, and we'll drive to the Atlantic coast and stay with friends until 09/16!
09/16 - Check into POP, find our friends and have an afternoon at the pool and an early dinner at Planet Hollywood.
09/17 - EMH MK/1230 BOG ADR, and a 555pm Tony's Town Square.
09/18 - RD HS, lunch at QS location, rest/pool, dinner 620pm Via Napoli and Illuminations!
09/19 - RD AK, 1215 Yak and Yeti ADR, rest/pool, 745pm Raglan Road ADR (late yes, hoping DD naps well!)
09/20 - Sleep in, breakfast ADR Kona Café at 1010am, rest until MNSSHP! QS linner (lunch/dinner) at Contempo Café.
09/21 - RD AK, do both shows (Nemo and the Lion King), rest/pool, dinner 600pm at House of Blues
09/22 - RD Epcot/WS/rest/dinner 705pm Spice Road Table
09/23 - RD MK/lunch at Whispering Canyon Café 1235/rest, pool/MSEP, wishes -- dinner at QS location
09/24 - RD HS -- lunch 1135 50's Prime Time/rest, pool/625pm Rose and Crown and illuminations
09/25 - 1/2 day at MK, lunch at Casey's -- leave for airport at 1pm. Home. :(

Then.... on to plan for May 2016 with our new baby girl!! :love:

So jealous of all of you with long trips, we are only there for the weekend (though will be back in December, so I guess I can't complain!!).

Saturday 9/5 - Arrive at MCO at 9:30 am and head to HS for Frozen Summer Fun. It's DD's birthday so I've scheduled an appointment at the Ice Palace Boutique and we are doing the FSF premium package. Will have a mini cake waiting for her in the room when we get back.

Sunday 9/6 - MK day - pre rope drop breakfast at BOG and dinner at CRT. What better way to celebrate the princess's birthday?! :)

Monday 9/7 - breakfast at Chef Mickey and chill at CR until our ME pickup.

Short but sweet. And DD still doesn't know we're coming!!

She is a lucky lucky girl :) Happy Birthday to your princess :bday:

9/11-9/13 Bonet creek

Have you been there before? Tell me all about it! We (6 of us) were going to go to WDW last year, but when I priced out the vacation, with 2 rooms, it was close to $18,000. We decided on a cruise as it was less than 1/2 the price and with my 2 oldest in college it made sense to save the $$. This year we are only taking my daughter, but Im sure my boys (and one of their BFFs who goes everywhere with us) will want to go back to Disney and I want to look at off-site resorts, which tend to have larger accommodations I heard Bonnet Creek is amazing...but thats about all I heard! Can you tell me about the property, pool, dining options, location, ease to the parks etc.. Thanks! Have a great trip!

I guess I'll add my itinerary too!

09/13 - Fly out of STL and arrive in MCO around 1:30 pm. I'll then get a rental car, and we'll drive to the Atlantic coast and stay with friends until 09/16!
09/16 - Check into POP, find our friends and have an afternoon at the pool and an early dinner at Planet Hollywood.
09/17 - EMH MK/1230 BOG ADR, and a 555pm Tony's Town Square.
09/18 - RD HS, lunch at QS location, rest/pool, dinner 620pm Via Napoli and Illuminations!
09/19 - RD AK, 1215 Yak and Yeti ADR, rest/pool, 745pm Raglan Road ADR (late yes, hoping DD naps well!)
09/20 - Sleep in, breakfast ADR Kona Café at 1010am, rest until MNSSHP! QS linner (lunch/dinner) at Contempo Café.
09/21 - RD AK, do both shows (Nemo and the Lion King), rest/pool, dinner 600pm at House of Blues
09/22 - RD Epcot/WS/rest/dinner 705pm Spice Road Table
09/23 - RD MK/lunch at Whispering Canyon Café 1235/rest, pool/MSEP, wishes -- dinner at QS location
09/24 - RD HS -- lunch 1135 50's Prime Time/rest, pool/625pm Rose and Crown and illuminations
09/25 - 1/2 day at MK, lunch at Casey's -- leave for airport at 1pm. Home. :(

Then.... on to plan for May 2016 with our new baby girl!! :love:

Congratulations :) Love your ADRs and your "rest" time. I promised myself to squeeze some of that into this trip. Im hoping its by choice and not from being indoors due to rain :( Does the new baby have a name yet? I think Jacquelyn sounds nice :goodvibes

:thanks: Thanks everyone for the trip plans. Its getting me in the Disney spirit and helping pass the time!! Its officially "Next week", although I still have 12 days :bitelip:

I want to play! :)

9/5: Our flight leaves Cincinnati at 6am and goes to Washington DC we have a short layover and should land at MCO Around 11:30am. Check in at Pop, Do a quick drop off of carry-on's in the room and head to THE MAGIC KINGDOM! We have a 2:25 FP for 7DMT, 5:25 for Peter Pan and a 6:25 for jungle Cruise. We have a 7:50 Reservation for Ohana. Depending on how exhausted we are we will head back to MK, or just go to bed. We are both in school taking online classes, so we may go back and just work on homework!

9/6: EPCOT DAY! We are really looking forward to this day! 9:30FP For Character spot, 10:45 for Mission Space and 11:40FP for Soarin. We will either eat lunch before or after soarin at Sunshine Seasons. Then we are heading to the WS to Drink Around the world. We Have a 4:30 Reservation at Via Napoli! Then we will continue drinking around the world. We have two epcot days so we may or may not stick around for illuminations! Since we will not be taking a break this day.

9/7 : HollyWood studios. We plan on touring the park until our 12:30 Lunch Reservation at Sci-Fi, maybe ride a couple more rides, but we plan to head out about 1:00pm to go back to the room to swim/do homework etc. We are then going to Uber to the Boardwalk, we have a 5:10 reservation at Beaches and Cream, just for ice cream! We are going to the ESPN Club right after for the Ohio State-Virginia Tech Game. We won't have time to go back to the park since the game is so late!

9/8: Magic Kingdom!: I'm giving us a later start to our day today, we can either sleep in or do a little homework in the morning. We have a 10:45 lunch reservation at Be Our Guest! Our three FP+ for today are Big Thunder, 7DMT and Splash! We have a 4:15 dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare. We made it early so that we can get a nice mid-day break without having to go back to the room!

9/9: Animal Kingdom: Typical half day animal kingdom day. Plan on having lunch at the Yak and Yeti Quick Service. This is also our pool day! We will be out of the park by 2 and we have nothing going on until our 8:30 Hoop De Do Reservation! We are SO excited for this! Yay Sangria!

9/10: Magic Kingdom!: I feel as if we will be a little crusty after our unlimited adult beverages from the night before so we will be heading to Kona Cafe at 9:20 to drown our hangovers in Tonga Toast and delicious carbs and French Press Coffee. We will be heading back to the magic kingdom. Our FP+ for this day will be Space Mountain, 7DMT and Wishes and they are all for later in the day. We have a 545 Dining Ressie at Be Our Guest for Dinner! I have had it and wasn't impressed, but DBF is looking forward to it!

9/11: Epcot: It's our LAST park day! We wanted it to be fun and relaxing with nothing major planned. We plan on really exploring the WS without drinking :) and doing some shopping for our youtube channel WS Snack taste test video! We have a 1:30 Lunch Reservation at Coral Reef (DBF's Favorite) and we will probably eat dinner in Morocco as he wants to try the Schwarma!

I have been so many times that I'm looking forward to a more relaxed trip where non-stop days in the park aren't necessary. This is one of the most relaxing, thought out trips I have planned yet! I am really looking forward to it!

I want to play! :)

9/5: Our flight leaves Cincinnati at 6am and goes to Washington DC we have a short layover and should land at MCO Around 11:30am. Check in at Pop, Do a quick drop off of carry-on's in the room and head to THE MAGIC KINGDOM! We have a 2:25 FP for 7DMT, 5:25 for Peter Pan and a 6:25 for jungle Cruise. We have a 7:50 Reservation for Ohana. Depending on how exhausted we are we will head back to MK, or just go to bed. We are both in school taking online classes, so we may go back and just work on homework!

9/6: EPCOT DAY! We are really looking forward to this day! 9:30FP For Character spot, 10:45 for Mission Space and 11:40FP for Soarin. We will either eat lunch before or after soarin at Sunshine Seasons. Then we are heading to the WS to Drink Around the world. We Have a 4:30 Reservation at Via Napoli! Then we will continue drinking around the world. We have two epcot days so we may or may not stick around for illuminations! Since we will not be taking a break this day.

9/7 : HollyWood studios. We plan on touring the park until our 12:30 Lunch Reservation at Sci-Fi, maybe ride a couple more rides, but we plan to head out about 1:00pm to go back to the room to swim/do homework etc. We are then going to Uber to the Boardwalk, we have a 5:10 reservation at Beaches and Cream, just for ice cream! We are going to the ESPN Club right after for the Ohio State-Virginia Tech Game. We won't have time to go back to the park since the game is so late!

9/8: Magic Kingdom!: I'm giving us a later start to our day today, we can either sleep in or do a little homework in the morning. We have a 10:45 lunch reservation at Be Our Guest! Our three FP+ for today are Big Thunder, 7DMT and Splash! We have a 4:15 dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare. We made it early so that we can get a nice mid-day break without having to go back to the room!

9/9: Animal Kingdom: Typical half day animal kingdom day. Plan on having lunch at the Yak and Yeti Quick Service. This is also our pool day! We will be out of the park by 2 and we have nothing going on until our 8:30 Hoop De Do Reservation! We are SO excited for this! Yay Sangria!

9/10: Magic Kingdom!: I feel as if we will be a little crusty after our unlimited adult beverages from the night before so we will be heading to Kona Cafe at 9:20 to drown our hangovers in Tonga Toast and delicious carbs and French Press Coffee. We will be heading back to the magic kingdom. Our FP+ for this day will be Space Mountain, 7DMT and Wishes and they are all for later in the day. We have a 545 Dining Ressie at Be Our Guest for Dinner! I have had it and wasn't impressed, but DBF is looking forward to it!

9/11: Epcot: It's our LAST park day! We wanted it to be fun and relaxing with nothing major planned. We plan on really exploring the WS without drinking :) and doing some shopping for our youtube channel WS Snack taste test video! We have a 1:30 Lunch Reservation at Coral Reef (DBF's Favorite) and we will probably eat dinner in Morocco as he wants to try the Schwarma!

I have been so many times that I'm looking forward to a more relaxed trip where non-stop days in the park aren't necessary. This is one of the most relaxing, thought out trips I have planned yet! I am really looking forward to it!

Very thought out, indeed! Can I get a link to your YT videos? This trip sounds incredible. I did the HDDR last trip..didnt know about the sangria! Im better off as we drove there w/ a rental, so finding a delicious alcoholic beverage would not have been a great idea! I didnt know YY had quick service! Maybe we'll check it out as I dont have lunch plans on our AK day.

Very thought out, indeed! Can I get a link to your YT videos? This trip sounds incredible. I did the HDDR last trip..didnt know about the sangria! Im better off as we drove there w/ a rental, so finding a delicious alcoholic beverage would not have been a great idea! I didnt know YY had quick service! Maybe we'll check it out as I dont have lunch plans on our AK day.
Yak and Yeti quick service is delicious! Our old faithful is flame tree but we will be eating bbq style food at the hoop de do that night! Thank you for your feedback! As far as the Youtube, we are filming our FIRST video today! :) So as soon as we get it uploaded I will post it!

I hope you have a great trip! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter