• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2015 Countdown!

I'm going to try and convince DH to let me go to MK until 2am after Epcot closes on the 5th. We can just hop on the monorail to the TTC and grab the monorail to MK from there. I know we plan on going to AK the next day for EMH, but I need more MK time. He can go to sleep.

We are doing the same. Going from Epcot to MK. I doubt we'll make it to 2am, but I purposefully planned a late start on the 6th. So we'll see. Thank goodness for Starbucks!

We are doing the same. Going from Epcot to MK. I doubt we'll make it to 2am, but I purposefully planned a late start on the 6th. So we'll see. Thank goodness for Starbucks!
I didn't plan so well. :rotfl: Either way I'll grab some hot cocoa and Mickey waffles to wake me up. MK is my absolute favorite park so I need to spend as much time there as possible.

We don't arrive until early evening on the 5th so we plan to have dinner at the GF cafe and then take the monorail to the MK for the rest of the night. We've also planned a later morning for the following day. Really hope we can make it til 2am - love the MK during late night EMH's!

That's our arrival day too :)

We were supposed to arrive that day.... :mad::mad::mad: my DH doesn't have the magic flu like I do! :confused3:confused3:confused3 So, now we're still coming into FL, but flying further south to spend a few days in the keys & drive up on the 8th. You all have a good time! I'll be there as quickly as that rental car will go!!!! :drive::drive::drive:

Now, back to Magic Band Decoration 101!! :flower1::flower1::flower1:

:rotfl2:
I'm going to try and convince DH to let me go to MK until 2am after Epcot closes on the 5th. We can just hop on the monorail to the TTC and grab the monorail to MK from there. I know we plan on going to AK the next day for EMH, but I need more MK time. He can go to sleep.

:rotfl2: I'm right with you Lillian Gracey!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'd leave my DH in a heartbeat while at WDW for more MK time!!! I think our trip in 10 days... there will be a time he will go back to the room and I will stay out w/ DD16 and possibly DD6 as late as we can! Besides, he needs more sleep than I do! :rotfl::rotfl:

And, you know what??? If you haven't ----- I TOTALLY recommend a late night resort monorail ride! We did this over spring break in 2009 and it was fantastic to ride the monorail over the top of a closed EPCOT... the workers were all busy making changes, caring for plants, sprucing up... REALLY NEAT! (And we were fortunate to do that up front, riding w/ the driver. It wasn't but a short few months afterwards until the accident & that was the end of riding in the front.)

18 days! OMG I need to start packing!!!

I hope for NO more tropical storms/hurricanes for the month of September!

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I'm right with you Lillian Gracey!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'd leave my DH in a heartbeat while at WDW for more MK time!!! I think our trip in 10 days... there will be a time he will go back to the room and I will stay out w/ DD16 and possibly DD6 as late as we can! Besides, he needs more sleep than I do! :rotfl::rotfl:
I attempted to convince DH to let me stay one extra day since I have the day after we get back off because flights home were $49 which would have resulted in a $50 credit with SW. Let's just say that didn't work out so well. He would have felt left out. :rotfl: Universal is probably more his speed though (He's never been yet) because he's a major coaster/thrill ride junkie, but he enjoys Disney World. The day after we arrive, we plan on hitting up a few rides at DHS in the afternoon, hop back to WL for dinner, and then go straight to MK for a few hours since it's open until 11pm. I will try to get as much MK time as possible. :cool1:

When is your trip - I'm happy to cut this out of vinyl & mail you. It's simple to apply to a plastic binder.
"
That's so sweet of you! We're leaving the house on September 4th. Do you think that would be enough time?
I'll PM you my address.

I still have over 2 weeks :(. I cant start packing, as my daughter is home this week (no camp/no school) and she has no idea we are going !! I do have piles of clothes on the dining room table, but mostly new stuff and I told her Im just buying summer clothes on clearance for next year and when I get a chance, I will put them in totes to store them. Shes not smart enough to check the sizes :) But she must think Im the laziest mom in the world that the piles have been growing all summer and I have yet to clear it off the table. I do, however, have a broken hand, so she knows I am limited with my cast, which comes off tomorrow :cool1: She starts school next Tuesday, which will be a good time to start packing with 9 days left!
This whole "surprise the kid" thing is throwing off my groove too. My TA sent our travel documents and DS was like "let's open it now!," because what kid isn't excited about mail in pretty packages (luckily non-descript pretty package). Our Magic Bands are hiding in one of my dresser drawers, because I don't want him to see them, which means I get to see them less.

No super late nights for us. I wish, but my kids wouldn't be very forgiving in the morning. They would probably never sleep again...

We're arriving on the 6th. I kind of wish we were arriving on the 5th, but this will give us a buffer day on each end, which is probably good.

I'm still trying to decide how exactly I'm going to surprise DS. I don't know if I want to tell him as soon as he gets home from school on the 4th, or hold off until we get to my Moms, or wait until we're headed to the airport entirely. Airport may backfire, when he realizes his Grammy isn't coming along.

8.5 work days. In 14 days I will be finishing up stuff & leaving early to meet DH, pick kids up from school, grab my dad & go board that magical plane ... Can't. Breathe. So. Excited.
:hourglass:hourglass:hourglass:hourglass:hourglass

"

I'm still trying to decide how exactly I'm going to surprise DS. I don't know if I want to tell him as soon as he gets home from school on the 4th, or hold off until we get to my Moms, or wait until we're headed to the airport entirely. Airport may backfire, when he realizes his Grammy isn't coming along.

Im still deciding too. My # 1 plan so far (not a very good one) is to tell her I need to go with my son to drop of his car at the mechanic early the following morning (she can get to bed early that way :) ), and if she comes with us Ill stop at Dunkin Donuts and get her muchkins (She'll never turn that down!) Ill change her clock when she's sleeping to show 6am, when it will really be 4am! After she gets ready and dressed, when she comes downstairs, Ill have Mickey pancakes waiting and the MBs wrapped for her to open! My son is bringing us to the airport shuttle, so him being awake wont throw her off.

Im still deciding too. My # 1 plan so far (not a very good one) is to tell her I need to go with my son to drop of his car at the mechanic early the following morning (she can get to bed early that way :) ), and if she comes with us Ill stop at Dunkin Donuts and get her muchkins (She'll never turn that down!) Ill change her clock when she's sleeping to show 6am, when it will really be 4am! After she gets ready and dressed, when she comes downstairs, Ill have Mickey pancakes waiting and the MBs wrapped for her to open! My son is bringing us to the airport shuttle, so him being awake wont throw her off.
Most of the things I've seen online have something to do with writing the kid a note. DS doesn't read yet.
I kind of think a scavenger hunt would be fun, but I'm not sure how involved I want to be. I might be able to get my Mom to help, but I'm not sure how much time she will have to set anything up.
I kind of think it would be fun to just tell him we're going to the airport, but not tell him where we're going. But I think Disney would probably be his first guess, because he talks about it all the time. I think he thinks that's the only place planes go, even though he's been other places more than Disney. Our flight is at 6am, so I'm going to have to wake the kids up at 4 too. Maybe I'll just have them travel in their PJs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter