• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2014 Discount Watch!

erinmarie2224 said:
Hoping for FD for early Sept!:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the past FD offers require you to book both room and tickets thru Disney to get FD?

I'm was thinking about doing the Ebates/Orbtiz 20% cashback on tickets for a savings around $200. We would spend more then this on food so it might be smarter to wait...

thanks!

Historically, Disney has always required you buy a package through them - room and tickets - to get free dining.

Hoping for FD for early Sept!:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the past FD offers require you to book both room and tickets thru Disney to get FD?

I'm was thinking about doing the Ebates/Orbtiz 20% cashback on tickets for a savings around $200. We would spend more then this on food so it might be smarter to wait...

thanks!

For free dining you would have to book a NON discounted package (which would include room and tickets), or at least it has always been that way in the past. There is also, normally, a minimum stay requirement for the promo offered.

If you want to use the ticket discount you are referring to, You could possibly take advantage of the room only discounts they offer (if it covers your dates). Not sure how much that would save you since I have never used the room discounts but it may be worth checking out.

I am currently booked at BCR on 35% discount from a bounceback offer. We are going from 9/20 to 9/27. It was a great discount but now we are re-thinking and may stay at POR. If we do we will be hoping for a free dining offer. It will save us $1000 to switch resorts and use free dining. We will see! Last year I don't think the FD came out until May. Ugh...

Hoping for free dining early September here! So last year (2013), FD was not offered during the whole month of September, right? Wasn't offered until the 29th and up? Just checking as I remember getting free dining the second week of September 2012 when we went. Please correct me if I'm wrong about last year. Here's hoping for an offer and that it includes all of September!

littlejewel said:
Hoping for free dining early September here! So last year (2013), FD was not offered during the whole month of September, right? Wasn't offered until the 29th and up? Just checking as I remember getting free dining the second week of September 2012 when we went. Please correct me if I'm wrong about last year. Here's hoping for an offer and that it includes all of September!

FD was definitely offered in September 2013.... We took advantage of it for our week mid September.

Here is the historical data for all Disney promo's:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Free Dining last year was offered 9/2/13 thru 9/25/13 and then re-offered 9/29/13 thru 12/22/13.

In 2012 FD was offered 8/25/12 thru 9/29/12 then re-offered 9/30/12 thru 12/13/12.

In 2011 FD was offere 8/19/11 thru 9/29/11 then a new promo went out again with the dates of 8/28/11 thru 9/24/11 and even another one from 10/1/11 thru 12/15/11.

Hoping history will repeat itself :goodvibes

Fingers crossed for not free dining until the 15th when I will be safely at home.

I hope this doesn't come across mean, I am really just wondering:flower3:
Why would you schedule your Disney Vacation during September when historically, Free dining is always offered for the majority of September (especially the first 2 weeks)? :confused3

I hope this doesn't come across mean, I am really just wondering:flower3:
Why would you schedule your Disney Vacation during September when historically, Free dining is always offered for the majority of September (especially the first 2 weeks)? :confused3

I don't understand these kind of posts either. The anti-free dining crowd always claims that it's too crowded during free dining. I can attest that isn't the case in September. When the Little Mermaid and Splash Mountain have "0 Minute" wait times posted on the boards and entire sections of the park can be photographed with no people in the shot, it's not crowded.

I don't understand these kind of posts either. The anti-free dining crowd always claims that it's too crowded during free dining. I can attest that isn't the case in September. When the Little Mermaid and Splash Mountain have "0 Minute" wait times posted on the boards and entire sections of the park can be photographed with no people in the shot, it's not crowded.

I am so glad you posted about the crowds. We have always gone in early December and school schedules for my 2 grandsons don't allow it this year so we chose September based on touring plans. It is good to know that we hopefully can expect the same crowd levels.:thumbsup2

Is there anything that is ever a predictor for discounts? Looking for any little glimmer that may mean it will lean one way it the other? Hie many years have they offered free dining in September?

Is there anything that is ever a predictor for discounts? Looking for any little glimmer that may mean it will lean one way it the other? Hie many years have they offered free dining in September?

Since 2005, due to low attendance caused by school and hurricane season.

Except this year the Food and Wine Festival starts two days into my trip (9/19) #FAIL

We're going 9/17-24 staying CL at the CR... My first trip back to disney since 1993 and I am wary of FP+ and MM+. We're hoping for that Mousesavers historical Sept 5-30% off discount but the problem is they are starting food and wine early on the 19th and I'm not sure if they'll offer the discount now because of it... I was looking forward to low crowds and plenty of time to explore epcot with said low crowds... Now we've gotta deal with food and wine at epcot which means not on sat or sun and also pray that they offer their historical discounts during that time. Fingers crossed!

We're going 9/17-24 staying CL at the CR... My first trip back to disney since 1993 and I am wary of FP+ and MM+. We're hoping for that Mousesavers historical Sept 5-30% off discount but the problem is they are starting food and wine early on the 19th and I'm not sure if they'll offer the discount now because of it... I was looking forward to low crowds and plenty of time to explore epcot with said low crowds... Now we've gotta deal with food and wine at epcot which means not on sat or sun and also pray that they offer their historical discounts during that time. Fingers crossed!

I feel the same way. I based my trip off of when they had previously had F&W and when they offer FD. I am a little bummed they changed the start of F&W. I think I am going to have to bump my trip up a little bit. I told my TA that I was willing to switch for FD if I had to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter