September 2014 Discount Watch!

Going in September, likely the 6th-14th. May switch to October if there is free dining so we can go to Food and Wine. Hoping to take some friends with us. We are going no matter what discount there is, we are assuming there will be at least a RO discount. So excited!!

1/3-3/5/14, 3/14-3/22/14, 3/30-4/12/14, 4/21-5/31/14, and 8/17-9/27/14 I just need to book before 2/15/14

Ok thanks. We are going Sept 28th and would be more then willing to add a day if we got the pin. Not counting on it though. :)

My best friend and I are doing a girls week in Sept. to disney !!! Hoping for a discount

Really hoping for free dining. My mom got a pin for a room discount that we can use for September but we were planning on a value resort so free dining would save us more. She just went for the first time last year and is turning into a Disney fanatic! :cheer2:

We have gone 2 times in the past 3 years and I STILL do not get pins... WHY??? I also have a Disney Chase, with the rewards!!! I'm a little upset... Would love to get the room discount, want to stay at the Beach Club!!! If we don't get a room discount then we have to stay moderate.... Anyone have suggestions? Would calling and complaining do any good? Even if it isn't the discount I want, ANYTHING would be better then nothing! Just trying to figure out why I don't get anything!!!! :confused3

We have gone 2 times in the past 3 years and I STILL do not get pins... WHY??? I also have a Disney Chase, with the rewards!!! I'm a little upset... Would love to get the room discount, want to stay at the Beach Club!!! If we don't get a room discount then we have to stay moderate.... Anyone have suggestions? Would calling and complaining do any good? Even if it isn't the discount I want, ANYTHING would be better then nothing! Just trying to figure out why I don't get anything!!!! :confused3

Lots of people don't get anything.

Pins are sent randomly or off their own algorithms. Calling and complaining won't do any good. They are sent through Disney Destinations, not the people you speak with. It just is what it is.

Some people suggest ordering planning DVDs or saving a reservation and not booking it but it's in no way a guarantee.

I get not everyone gets the pins, but with going twice in the past 3 years, ordering the planning dvd, having trips in my "shopping cart I still get ZILCH! :furious:I have gone about 20 times since 1996 I just don't get it... You would think with all the updating they do with the parks and systems the way they do discounts would be updated as well. Sorry.... venting..... it's frustrating when some get 4 pins a year and don't use any.... and there are some of us who do not get a single one and would love them!:confused:

I am taking my family 9/18/-9/26 and I really want free dining. This would allow me to do more character meals for my 2yr old, since this is his first visit.

Add me to the list of people hoping to receive some sort of discount :) Going to Disney for my honeymoon, and it'll be my first time staying in a Disney resort! Can't wait to finally get the full Disney experience!

I get not everyone gets the pins, but with going twice in the past 3 years, ordering the planning dvd, having trips in my "shopping cart I still get ZILCH! :furious:I have gone about 20 times since 1996 I just don't get it... You would think with all the updating they do with the parks and systems the way they do discounts would be updated as well. Sorry.... venting..... it's frustrating when some get 4 pins a year and don't use any.... and there are some of us who do not get a single one and would love them!:confused:

I feel like if you get a PIN, and don't use it, you would be more likely to receive another one. From my conversations when calling about my reservation, the PINs are sent to those who haven't gone to Disney in a while, or do not go often. PINs are meant to encourage those people to go. If you're going to go to Disney every year anyway, why would they send you a PIN?

I'm not saying that I don't understand your frustration... I do! I would also love to have a PIN for my upcoming trip. But we should just be happy with what we have... not everyone can afford to go on a magical vacation to Disney, so we're lucky!

Our family will be in the world 9/16 - 9/23. We want to stay at POR and are really hoping to try free dining for the first time!

Add me to the list of people hoping to receive some sort of discount :) Going to Disney for my honeymoon, and it'll be my first time staying in a Disney resort! Can't wait to finally get the full Disney experience!

I feel like if you get a PIN, and don't use it, you would be more likely to receive another one. From my conversations when calling about my reservation, the PINs are sent to those who haven't gone to Disney in a while, or do not go often. PINs are meant to encourage those people to go. If you're going to go to Disney every year anyway, why would they send you a PIN?

I'm not saying that I don't understand your frustration... I do! I would also love to have a PIN for my upcoming trip. But we should just be happy with what we have... not everyone can afford to go on a magical vacation to Disney, so we're lucky!

Yes, I agree we are lucky... but I think of it like raising my children.... Positive behavior is rewarded, not negative! I know they want more people to come and spend money, but if they haven't used a single pin in 4 years, they are wasting their time! I know I am preaching to a choir here, but if I have never had a pin and CONTINUOUSLY spend my money there... give the girl a break on something so I can spend more money in the park!!!! They are still getting all the money they would normally, just in a different way!

Yes, I agree we are lucky... but I think of it like raising my children.... Positive behavior is rewarded, not negative! I know they want more people to come and spend money, but if they haven't used a single pin in 4 years, they are wasting their time! I know I am preaching to a choir here, but if I have never had a pin and CONTINUOUSLY spend my money there... give the girl a break on something so I can spend more money in the park!!!! They are still getting all the money they would normally, just in a different way!

Hey, I totally agree ;) If they reward us for our past trips to Disney, we are much more likely to go again!

But the PINs they currently give out are to encourage those who aren't likely to go to book a trip. Hopefully Disney will realize that they're making their loyal fans unhappy, and start sending promotions/discounts to their frequent visitors as well :)

There has been a pin released for room discounts. I called today and almost fell out of my chair when the lady told me I had 3 pins. 2 I couldn't use since they ended in March, but the one I did use saved us 30% on our stay at POR from a September 3rd-12th! I'm never lucky so I am so excited I had pins! Saved us $530! Still hoping for a free dining as it would save us about double that!

AOA & POFQ 20% off
All other values 25% off
Moderates 30% off
Deluxe and Villas 35% off
I believe the dates are from August 17th through end of September

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter