September 2010 Check-In

We have a girls only trip planned for 9/10-9/13! Staying at the Anaheim Residence Inn Maingate Suites (one bedroom)- anyone stayed there before?

This is our first trip back in over 20 years. We visit WDW often (DVC at BLT), but haven't done DL in ages, so very excited!

We've got a few things booked
*Blue Bayou dinner
*STeakhouse 55 dinner
*Carnation Cafe lunch
*Storytellers breakfast
*Walk in Walt's footsteps tour on 9/11
*WOC dining package at Ariels on 9/12

Any tips for us? We are 5 female adults- three in our late 30s and my mom and cousin- late 50s/60. We will be going at a slow pace due to some medical issues in our party (mom losing her sight etc.). Might have to use a wheelchair for her as she is still adjusting to walking with the cane.

appreciate any specials tips you have!!! we fly in early on 9/10- to LAX from DFW direct. Renting a mini van.

question- is there a good beach nearby to visit? not swim, but just check out?

5 more sleeps!

And just a reminder...

If you are going to be in DL on Saturday, Sept. 4th we have a meet up going on at 4:30pm at Gibson Girl Ice Cream. :thumbsup2

I've never heard the saying "...more sleeps" before. Is that from something in particular?

I've never heard the saying "...more sleeps" before. Is that from something in particular?

yes! as in she only has to go to bed to sleep 5 more times before she goes!

we are at 7 sleeps until we get to DLH!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Is anyone planning to see WOC during the first off-season week (9/7-9/9)? I'm hoping to benefit from the wisdom of others before I head down on the 13th.

If anyone catches the 8:15 show, please report back for the rest of us!

Sleeps! That's what I was trying to remember. Counting down my days just feels off. Counting sleeps just sounds so much more fun. 25 days or 25 sleeps! I like 25 sleeps!!

:woohoo: Another day closer!!

Anybody interested in a meet up on Friday, September 24?

I'll have to let you know closer to time. I'm going with my mom and husband. This will be her first trip back since 1976! I will check in on this discussion as the time draws near.

I'm glad you all like my "sleeps". :rotfl:

I'm not sure where I first heard it but that's what we've always said. :confused3 I think maybe from a friend that has small children. It's less confusing than counting days for a small kid to understand. Heck, it's easier for me too. :rotfl2:

What about if you take a nap? Does that throw the "sleeps" off? :rotfl:

I like days. I don't know why, it's just what I've always done. I cannot believe I'm in the 20's finally!

What about if you take a nap? Does that throw the "sleeps" off? :rotfl:

I like days. I don't know why, it's just what I've always done. I cannot believe I'm in the 20's finally!

Sorry, naps don't count ;). If they did I would already be in DL!!:laughing:

Fireworks are now scheduled for 9/10-12! We will get to see both shows during our trip...Magical on the 12th and RDCT on the 17th & 18th!

I wonder if they're trying to make up for Murphy being removed from F!

Fireworks are now scheduled for 9/10-12! We will get to see both shows during our trip...Magical on the 12th and RDCT on the 17th & 18th!

Yeah I'm coming to the parks the last weekend in Sept.

But with your help I have firm plans to hit Sandy, UT for lunch at Five Guys Burgers on the way down. I hope I don't miss the exit.

Yeah I'm coming to the parks the last weekend in Sept.

But with your help I have firm plans to hit Sandy, UT for lunch at Five Guys Burgers on the way down. I hope I don't miss the exit.

Lol...I was right by Five Guys today. I needed to go buy some pants & shorts from Nordstroms Rack which is in the same parking lot.

Enjoy it, it's delicious!

I wonder if they're trying to make up for Murphy being removed from F!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We've counted down sleeps for a couple years now. DD still has a bit of a hard time with how long days are, but gets sleeps. People always laugh at us, but it works :)

Now I know it's getting close!!! UPS just brought my tickets!!! 20 more days!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter