September 2009

We were just there this past weekend 9/25-9/28 and the crowds were non-existant. we walked onto everything. The Fastpass machines for most rides weren't even open and the wait times read 5-10 minutes, but we walked on. Saturday afternoon/evening was a little heavier, but not bad at all.

We booked bounceback for next year at this time, since it was not crowded.

Suzanne

We were just there this past weekend 9/25-9/28 and the crowds were non-existant. we walked onto everything. The Fastpass machines for most rides weren't even open and the wait times read 5-10 minutes, but we walked on. Saturday afternoon/evening was a little heavier, but not bad at all.

We booked bounceback for next year at this time, since it was not crowded.

Suzanne

We were just there 9/25-9/30 and we must have been at different parks. We found mid-size crowds. Much more than our early February trips. EPCOT was out of control crowded with waits of 65 minutes for Soarin'. Fastasses were gone by mid-day. Thankfully, Monday the 30th was pretty dead in MK. However there was still over a 45 minute wait to meet the princesses in Toon Town. I think the weekends are pretty much always crowded and the weekdays are very pleasant. Try to book weekdays if possible.

We were just there 9/25-9/30 and we must have been at different parks. We found mid-size crowds. Much more than our early February trips. EPCOT was out of control crowded with waits of 65 minutes for Soarin'. Fastasses were gone by mid-day. Thankfully, Monday the 30th was pretty dead in MK. However there was still over a 45 minute wait to meet the princesses in Toon Town. I think the weekends are pretty much always crowded and the weekdays are very pleasant. Try to book weekdays if possible.

I've not been in February, only early June, Late Aug, late Sept, and Dec. We never experienced any crowds, except Saturday night at MK and it wasn't bad. We did DHS for EMH on Sat morning and arrived at Epcot at 11am and left by 2pm. We didn't go to The Land pavilion. we stopped in UK for lunch, Japan for shopping and at Test Track, which said 50 minute wait and between the wait and the ride was less than 20 minutes, and we walked onto Spaceship Earth on the way out of the park. Friday we were at AK from probably 9am to 1 pm and walked onto everything there as well. MNSSHP Friday night was empty. We don't have children, so we don't wait in line to see characters unless it is very short, and we only went through Toontown on Friday night to get to the trick or treat line.

Suzanne

We were there from the 19th to 29th and the parks were very quiet! Most lines were 0-5 min waits. The highest we saw Soarin was 20 min or so. The crowds were alot lighter than last Sept.

The crowds were not bad when we were there 9/17-9/23. Seemed like the lines were longer to meet the characters than to actually go on the rides. We got to MK at 1:30 on the 17th and the line for Dumbo was 10 minutes. :eek:

10 minutes for Dumbo?! :worship: That is amazing. I hope crowds are light in 2009...see my siggy. :cool1:

I, too am visiting the last week of September in 09. You may just want to keep in mind that free dining next year extends into October so I am not sure if it will make a difference. :confused3 We were there this year during FD the second week of Sept. and though the parks sometimes seemed a bit crowded, the lines were overall very short or non-existent. Hope you have a great time no matter what! :goodvibes

I'm going to be there that week too!

We were there this year from the 16th- 22nd. It was pretty empty most times except the late EMH at magic kingdom on the sunday and the monday we left felt kind of crowded too. But I'm sure it varies year to year.

We were there 9/24-9/28/08 and also visited at the same time in 07. Also stayed there in April 08 so we have some perspective. Sat. night MK was open until midnight and waits posted for Space Mountain and Splash Mountain were 50-60 minutes between 5 and 8 pm. Other stuff had less of a wait. Toy Story was up to 60 minutes the morning of EMH. The 8 pm parade at MK Sat night was crowded in many spots towards the beginning of the route 45 minutes prior, but still had spots near the entrance 15 minutes before it started. We were aware of what parks to avoid but did not adhere to it as the crowds were not too bad, but again, busier than Sept. 07. It was still better than April.

Can't speak to busses- we rented a car from Dollar for the third time and that was a painless experience.

We did not do the dining plan and ate at local off site restuarants, which were dead. We went to Winn Dixie and Goodings market and they were ghost towns. We stayed at POR again and found the room areas to be quiet (we were in building 18 AB, second floor). We visited both the Riverside and FQ main pools midday and found them to be more crowded than last year in late September, especially on Saturday but still better than April.

GREAT!

We just returned Saturday from an 8 day trip and all was good with crowds. We had no wait above a 15 minute and no more than 2 of those per day. Walked off and then right back onto Space Mountain, Everest, Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster and other biggies more times that I can remember now. Walked off and on DD's favorite ToT 11 times one afternoon. I was more tired from WALKING though the cue so quickly and often than waiting in lines. :lmao:

I would choose the week again in a heartbeat!

My tips though....for what they may be worth...

* We stayed clear of any EMH. We avoided them like the plague and I really think that helped.

* We also stayed away from character lines...dd refused (gotta say I was thrilled!) to wait in those lines but instead joined shorter one's or caught them at character meals which we had many planned.

* Avoid MK on the weekends if possible. Most people arrive over the weekend and rush to this park first. We went on a Monday after arriving on Friday night and it was no less magical but not crowded at all!

Go, enjoy and have a ball! September is a great time to enjoy the parks!

~~~Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter