• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2, 2012 - Magic - NYC to Canada

With all the discounts available on this cruise, many are ugrading to a "guarantee status" and that mean many dont have a stateroom number. You may not find out your state room until you are at the terminal. If thats the case, please drop me a note at room 6120 and I will let everyone else know.

Reconciling to the facebook page it seems like BIGFERRELL, KSTATEGRAD andNUTZABOUTDISNEY are all newly GTY and KELBEL5355 has a room number change.

We have 2 cabins and both are VGT will let you know as soon as we know:)

And another GTY change.

here is the latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
GEHRINGDH - DH (Dan)/DW(Susann)/DS(18)Jeremy/DS(10)Robby/DD(6)AnQuinette/DS(5)Isaiah - 2635 & 2637
SHOES99 - DH/DW (seniors) - 5520
BLUEMOON - DH/DW - 5628
2GIRLSMOMMY - DH(Jason)/DW(Erica)/DD6(Bella)/DD4(Lily) - 6064
SILMARG - DH(Sil)/DW(Margaret Ann)/DD13(Lauren)/DD10(Rosie) - 6120
KMAB00 - DH Jason/DW Karen - 6646
STEPHANDDICK - Steph and Dick - 7612
NIKKNYC - DMom(Fran)/DD24 Nikkie - 7626
HEATHERE3 - Heather (37) and Brian (40) - 8028
KELBEL5355 - DMom Kelly/DS7(Tyler) - 8552

NUTZABOUTDISNEY - DW Karen/DD15 Devine/DS12 Luke - GTY
BIGFERRELL - DH(Jim)/Grandfather(Jim)/DD16 Dominay/DS11 Kelan- GTY
KSTATEGRAD - DH/DW - GTY
DISNEYLOVE69 - DD(Klara)/DMom - GTY
WAMUMOF4 - DH, DW, DS17, DS15, DD13, DS11 - GTY
MANDERSONS04 - DH Marcus, DW Kateesha, DD5 Kamari, DS4 Marcus - GTY

There has been alot of chatter about this on the Facebook page, but if you are a DVC member and paid full price for this cruise, you can apply the newly created DVC discount to this sailing.

I just got refunded over $1000 on this sailing!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

There has been alot of chatter about this on the Facebook page, but if you are a DVC member and paid full price for this cruise, you can apply the newly created DVC discount to this sailing.

I just got refunded over $1000 on this sailing!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the update and all your hard work on the F E as well!!! :thumbsup2

Is there any talk about a cruise meet on facebook? There's been talk of doing one at 3:00 at the promenade lounge on the 1st day. Is this still a go??

Hi, everyone,

I have long been a "lurker" on the DIS, but never posted before...:wave2:

I just booked this cruise, and I am really excited! I'm 29, and I will be traveling solo. I love Disney, but this will be my first Disney Cruise---and my second cruise ever. I'm so excited that DCL is leaving out of NYC now, since I live in central NJ (just outside Princeton).

I'd love to participate in any planned meetups, but I don't think I'll have time to get a FE together this time. Sounds like so much fun, though!

Julie :flower3:

P.S. I go to NYC quite often, so if anyone is still looking for tips, I'd be glad to chime in!

Bob and Amy have joined the cruise - We could not resist the DVC discount that came in the mail yesterday.

My wife (Amy) was thinking it would be great to cruise out of NYC where we could just hop on a NJTransit and be there.

If you are only going to be in NYC a short time and don't want to spend much money (it's free), may I suggest walking the High Line (http://www.thehighline.org/). The High Line is one of the newest tourist attractions in the city and one of the prettiest. They have converted an old elevated rail line into a public garden. If you walk all the way to the southern end you are in the old meatpacking district which is now packed with some very nice restaurants.

See you onboard!

(Note to self - must change signiture)

Hi, everyone,

I have long been a "lurker" on the DIS, but never posted before...:wave2:

I just booked this cruise, and I am really excited! I'm 29, and I will be traveling solo. I love Disney, but this will be my first Disney Cruise---and my second cruise ever. I'm so excited that DCL is leaving out of NYC now, since I live in central NJ (just outside Princeton).

I'd love to participate in any planned meetups, but I don't think I'll have time to get a FE together this time. Sounds like so much fun, though!

Julie :flower3:

P.S. I go to NYC quite often, so if anyone is still looking for tips, I'd be glad to chime in!

Bob and Amy have joined the cruise - We could not resist the DVC discount that came in the mail yesterday.

My wife (Amy) was thinking it would be great to cruise out of NYC where we could just hop on a NJTransit and be there.

If you are only going to be in NYC a short time and don't want to spend much money (it's free), may I suggest walking the High Line (http://www.thehighline.org/). The High Line is one of the newest tourist attractions in the city and one of the prettiest. They have converted an old elevated rail line into a public garden. If you walk all the way to the southern end you are in the old meatpacking district which is now packed with some very nice restaurants.

See you onboard!

(Note to self - must change signiture)

Welcome to the cruise!!! Should be a lot of fun!! :thumbsup2

With all these new cruisers, it may not be so empty afterall!

Welcome aboard folks!
Welcome everyone. We are jealous of the great rates you are getting, but thats the chance we took when we booked when the rates first came out.
I am still pleased that we got a secret porthole (non-connecting) cabin on deck 5 with 10% discount and a obc of $150 (grandfathered rate). Had to go out to the store this AM and get some additional FE gifts for our FE gift bags.
We are still planning on coming in on Friday via NJT and staying at Ink48.
Michele & Milton

Booked a VGT for my husband and I; did so just before the DVC deal came out so we did not get the benefit of choosing a room. Just happy to be sailing and have a verandah!

Just booked this cruise this am. Couldn't beat the great deal. We are thinking of driving in and parking at the terminal. Any idea on how fast it fills up?

Hi everyone! I just booked this cruise using the DVC discount. Unbelievable!!!:) I was actually on the Inaugural Cruise to Canada on June 10th and did it B2B with the June 10th Cruise to Nowhere.:cool1: So I've been to Canada and Nowhere and back so if anyone has any questions I'd be glad to answer. I haven't tackled the previous 30 pages but I might get around to that another day. This is my 11th cruise and Boy Am I Happy to be Platinum!!!I am also HAPPY the DCL is cruising out of NYC. If the Captain tells you to be sure to get up at 4:30am as we pass under the Verrazano Bridge be sure to do it. What a beautiful sight! NYC at night and all lit up. You won't be the only up either.:flower3: Karen

Hi Everyone! Booked this cruise a while ago but am new to the site. My husband and our 2 daughters (2 & 4) will be spending a few nights in New York City then boarding the cruise. Any pointers on bringing our young one on their first cruise?

Groupon has some discounts on parking right now, originally 54$ now on for 16$!

THinking about booking this cruise using the DVC discount....but need to find out if I can get the time off from work first. Hopefully I can book by tomorrow...

If we do go on this, I think our plan is (and I need somebody to tell me if I'm crazy or not)...

Fly into Laguardia (or Newark) in the morning (arriving around 11:30 or noon) on Sept 2. Take some shared shuttle to the cruise terminal and board the Magic.

On Debarcation day, if there are excursions for NYC that take us back to the airport, we'll do one of those or just take a shuttle back to the airport.

I've been to NYC many times so really don't need to see it and my elderly parents really don't care about seeing NYC.

Nuts? We usually fly in the day before the cruise but the hotel costs for NYC are astronomical for the holiday weekend and the availability is pretty bad too.

THinking about booking this cruise using the DVC discount....but need to find out if I can get the time off from work first. Hopefully I can book by tomorrow...

If we do go on this, I think our plan is (and I need somebody to tell me if I'm crazy or not)...

Fly into Laguardia (or Newark) in the morning (arriving around 11:30 or noon) on Sept 2. Take some shared shuttle to the cruise terminal and board the Magic.

On Debarcation day, if there are excursions for NYC that take us back to the airport, we'll do one of those or just take a shuttle back to the airport.

I've been to NYC many times so really don't need to see it and my elderly parents really don't care about seeing NYC.

Nuts? We usually fly in the day before the cruise but the hotel costs for NYC are astronomical for the holiday weekend and the availability is pretty bad too.

Hey neighbour!!
We are driving down on the Sat. and staying at the Embassy Suites in Seacacus NJ. They have stay and cruise pkg. where you can leave your car there for they week and take a private car service to the port. Just another option to think about.

Also welcome to all the new cruisers that are joining us. I'm jealous of the great rates you guys are getting. :eek:

Hey neighbour!!
We are driving down on the Sat. and staying at the Embassy Suites in Seacacus NJ. They have stay and cruise pkg. where you can leave your car there for they week and take a private car service to the port. Just another option to think about.

Also welcome to all the new cruisers that are joining us. I'm jealous of the great rates you guys are getting. :eek:

Oooh...that's something to think about. We'd save about $1000 on airfare. The only thing is I'm the only one who will probably drive so it's 10 hours of driving with my parents in the car. :dance3: Me thinks I may go mad!

I'll look at the Embassy Suites right now and see if they've got a good rate or any availability.... maybe I'll book it and then we can decide fly or drive. (And hopefully I'll get some word from my boss soon....)

Ohhh... what are you doing on Debarcation day? Driving that day or the day after?

Oooh...that's something to think about. We'd save about $1000 on airfare. The only thing is I'm the only one who will probably drive so it's 10 hours of driving with my parents in the car. :dance3: Me thinks I may go mad!

I'll look at the Embassy Suites right now and see if they've got a good rate or any availability.... maybe I'll book it and then we can decide fly or drive. (And hopefully I'll get some word from my boss soon....)

Ohhh... what are you doing on Debarcation day? Driving that day or the day after?

The drive is not that bad. There are plenty of places to stop along the way. We did it 2 years ago and took us about 7.5 hours. A lot cheaper then flying. Another option is to fly out of Buffalo. Half the price then Toronto..

I can't believe that we were able to snag this cruise at the rate we got it! For 2A2C on a 5 day cruise for less than $2000 was just too good to pass up! We were originally supposed to be going back to WDW because cruising this year was out for us with our next one coming in March 2013. But when these IGT/OGT/VGT rates opened up, I cancelled our WDW trip and booked immediately. While I LOVE going to WDW, we've been every year for the past few years and when we cruised for the first time last year, we were seriously hooked!

It does suck that they're offering such great rates when others may have paid more. I worried about this when I booked our March 2013 cruise on opening day but that cruise is filling so well I'd be surprised if they offered any discounted rates (although my sister's hoping so she can travel along with us).

I'm really excited about this cruise and I look forward to exploring another Disney ship!

Woohoooooo. Just booked two rooms for my parents and myself. I can't believe we're going. I had looked at this earlier in the year but it was just too expensive.

My parents aren't going with us (my brother and I) to the Med next year because they'll be over 80 by then but when my mom heard about this cruise, she wanted to go. Her brother lives in Saint John. We haven't seen my uncle in probably 40 years. My mom's going to see if he'll come and meet us. Cross your fingers :)

We're wait listed for main dining so hopefully we can get that changed.

:cool1: :banana::goodvibes:goodvibes:cool1::woohoo::yay:

:)
With all the discounts available on this cruise, many are ugrading to a "guarantee status" and that mean many dont have a stateroom number. You may not find out your state room until you are at the terminal. If thats the case, please drop me a note at room 6120 and I will let everyone else know.

Reconciling to the facebook page it seems like BIGFERRELL, KSTATEGRAD andNUTZABOUTDISNEY are all newly GTY and KELBEL5355 has a room number change.

And another GTY change.

here is the latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
GEHRINGDH - DH (Dan)/DW(Susann)/DS(18)Jeremy/DS(10)Robby/DD(6)AnQuinette/DS(5)Isaiah - 2635 & 2637
SHOES99 - DH/DW (seniors) - 5520
BLUEMOON - DH/DW - 5628
2GIRLSMOMMY - DH(Jason)/DW(Erica)/DD6(Bella)/DD4(Lily) - 6064
SILMARG - DH(Sil)/DW(Margaret Ann)/DD13(Lauren)/DD10(Rosie) - 6120
KMAB00 - DH Jason/DW Karen - 6646
STEPHANDDICK - Steph and Dick - 7612
NIKKNYC - DMom(Fran)/DD24 Nikkie - 7626
HEATHERE3 - Heather (37) and Brian (40) - 8028
KELBEL5355 - DMom Kelly/DS7(Tyler) - 8552

NUTZABOUTDISNEY - DW Karen/DD15 Devine/DS12 Luke - GTY
BIGFERRELL - DH(Jim)/Grandfather(Jim)/DD16 Dominay/DS11 Kelan- GTY
KSTATEGRAD - DH/DW - GTY
DISNEYLOVE69 - DD(Klara)/DMom - GTY
WAMUMOF4 - DH, DW, DS17, DS15, DD13, DS11 - GTY
MANDERSONS04 - DH Marcus, DW Kateesha, DD5 Kamari, DS4 Marcus - GTY

Hi Sil, we are husband and wife (in case it's not obvious lol). Thanks for keeping up with all this! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter