September 2, 2012 - Magic - NYC to Canada

We bought tickets to Yankees game today (for the Saturday prior to the cruise)! We aren't huge Yankees fans (well, my mother-in-law is but that's only to annoy my father-in-law), but we all really like baseball, so I think we will have fun!

Also looking at potential Broadway tickets. My husband and I really want to see Wicked and my In-laws really want to see Phantom...so we haven't decided yet what to do!

Wow! gotta say that this is one of the most active cruise meet threads I've been on! Feeling so excited now! As it's just me and my mom this time, I think we'll pass on the FE list though it's always great fun - even for us adults ;)

We might change our mind later, fingers crossed ;)

We bought tickets to Yankees game today (for the Saturday prior to the cruise)! We aren't huge Yankees fans (well, my mother-in-law is but that's only to annoy my father-in-law), but we all really like baseball, so I think we will have fun!

Also looking at potential Broadway tickets. My husband and I really want to see Wicked and my In-laws really want to see Phantom...so we haven't decided yet what to do!

Both are really good shows!! We just saw Wicked on Broadway! Phantom is my favorite!

Danke! Can't believe that there are other fellow cruisers from Europe!

we're from Michigan though ;)

Whoops! :upsidedow
I admit that as soon as I posted, it came to me that you may not be a speaker of German even though you live in Switzerland.
Therefore, thank you for understanding my comment and thus saving me from embarrassment! :thumbsup2

Whoops! :upsidedow
I admit that as soon as I posted, it came to me that you may not be a speaker of German even though you live in Switzerland.
Therefore, thank you for understanding my comment and thus saving me from embarrassment! :thumbsup2

lol, no worries... It's my second year learning German now, though the progress is extremely slow as I practically use no German outside of my class - the Swiss apparently prefer to speak English rather than any sort of high German anyway :rotfl:

btw, I just asked to join the FB group! can't seem to find the original post here about the group, but please let me in :)

Hi, I've seen both. I really loved Wicked. I'm sure it's a personal preference, but i'd see Wicked mutiple times over. I don't think I'd ever sit through another phantom play.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the game. One thing I love about Yankee games is the atmospher. I'm not a huge baseball fan (which makes me the oddball in my family) but I always enjoyed going to the games.

Wow!! Thank you all again!!

kmab00 what model of Nikon do you have? I have the D7000 now but all my NYC shots were taken with my D80.

DSC_0084_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0957_edited-2posted.jpg

Summertrip2010-1013.jpg

DSC_0707.jpg

Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
BIGFERRELL - DH/Grandfather/DD16/DS11 - 5013
KSTATEGRAD - DH/DW - 5501
BLUEMOON - DH/DW - 5628
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6120
NUTZABOUTDISNEY - DW/DD15/DS12 - 6641
KMAB00 - DH/DW - 6646
KELBEL5355 - DMom/DS8 - 7541
NIKKNYC - DMom/DD24 - 7626

Can I have the names of the kids under 18 for the FE I am working on? Thanks :) You can either PM me post here.

Boo, let's go Mets!

As far as Broadway, I agree with the post about Wicked. Lots of amazing reviews. Also, if you can't decide on either of those, I hear Jersey Boys is really fun, too! There are soooo many great ones out now!

Can I have the names of the kids under 18 for the FE I am working on? Thanks :) You can either PM me post here.
Below are mine...

Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
BIGFERRELL - DH/Grandfather/DD16/DS11 - 5013
KSTATEGRAD - DH/DW - 5501
BLUEMOON - DH/DW - 5628
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13(Lauren)/DD10(Rosie) - 6120
NUTZABOUTDISNEY - DW/DD15/DS12 - 6641
KMAB00 - DH/DW - 6646
KELBEL5355 - DMom/DS8 - 7541
NIKKNYC - DMom/DD24 - 7626

When do you check in/ select boarding times? Is it the same time as booking excursions? We can book our excursion on Tuesday. I can't wait. We're going to do the Bay of Fundy scenic railway and bus tour in Saint John.

When do you check in/ select boarding times? Is it the same time as booking excursions? We can book our excursion on Tuesday. I can't wait. We're going to do the Bay of Fundy scenic railway and bus tour in Saint John.

The online checkin and selection of boarding times opens three hours later than the excursion booking. So if you are on EST, you can start booking excursions at midnight, and do online checkin at 3.00 am.

We just decided and booked that one last night. It looks like it will be a lot of fun and our kids will should really enjoy it. We are getting really excited about this trip.

We're going to do the Bay of Fundy scenic railway and bus tour in Saint John.

We just decided and booked that one last night. It looks like it will be a lot of fun and our kids will should really enjoy it. We are getting really excited about this trip.

I just read a quick review of this tour from a cruiser just returned from the inaugural Canadian cruise, and I am afraid they didn't like the tour at all ... It is in post # 707 here .

EDIT: Oh dear, just found another one that is even worse: Here in the meet thread for the inaugural Canadian cruise.

I just read a quick review of this tour from a cruiser just returned from the inaugural Canadian cruise, and I am afraid they didn't like the tour at all ... It is in post # 707 here .

EDIT: Oh dear, just found another one that is even worse: Here in the meet thread for the inaugural Canadian cruise.

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't think wee had that one scheduled, but I'm going to double check now. I seem to recall wanting to kayak and doing a lobster bake, but now I have to go look!

Jumping on board.... just reserved :banana: Can't pay yet as they forgot to add my mother (slight technical difficulty). Was itching to go on vacation and decided last minute. It will be my mother and I. She is a DCL newbie. We are going to fly in to the Boston area and casually make our way down. So if anyone has any "must sees" for the trip down let me know.

I would also like to participate in the FE. I don't have a room # yet, we have a gty.

I feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread! :-)

Just wondering:

How many of you are going with just a birth certificate and drivers license vs. a passport/passport card? I have the card, but my husband just has the DL/BC. Thinking about upgrading us both to the book (because I know it's safer to have it), but wondering if we're the only ones who, so far, don't have the passport books. As many cruises as I've done, you'd think I'd have gotten one by now, but I haven't! :goodvibes

I have a passport but my mother will use a bc. Confirmed she will be good to go.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter