September 2, 2010 - Disney Wonder

Hey Hey. I was getting worried. Really quiet there for a while. :lmao:

PMDR59, we must be related. I think everyone's related here in some way shape or form.

JustineMarie, we're staying at POR first. Wilderness lodge would be sweet, but so out of my budget. As for insurance, flights are so expensive from here ($2100 this time) that I do have it. Unforunately, DW got really excited about booking and didn't consult me and bought the most expensive plan that the travel agent had I think. Oh well, I guess we're prepared. I've heard good things about insuremytrip but I've never used it.

I'd like to get in on the FE thing too, but although I get the idea, not sure on the execution. ie Everyday? What size item? And I'm sure when we get our room assigned (but am also hoping for an upgrade) so how do we find each other?

JustineMarie ~ We're actually going to WDW after the cruise. We're staying a couple of nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We're actually having a birthday party for my son at the Neverland Club the day we get off the ship.

I've never purchased the travel insurance, so I am not much help there.

TheDisneyingNewfie ~ I think people tackle the FE thing differently. On my last cruise, some people delivered things every day and some delivered just one day. I pu everything in one bag and delivered one day. We made something for the cabin as a whole and then something for each of the kids in the cabin if they had any.

We shared cabin numbers before the cruise and then those who changed cabins at check-in or something left a note in our FE with their new cabin number.

It doesn't seem like we're going to have an overwhelming number of people participating so I don't think it will be too difficult. I know some cruises have had over 50 cabins participating which must be crazy!

FE List
Ladyleslie
acomasdiaz
skyman8963
TheDisneyingNewfie
JustineMarie
PMDR59

just letting everyone know who is in so far. We will be arriving August 28th and staying at AKV Kidani, first time there since we bought into DVC last year. I think we will have realatives staying with us for the first part of trip but not on cruise. We are only planning to hit MK this trip do to a surprise trip to Discovery Cove so my 8 yr old and my wife can swim with the dolphins and the free Seaworld ticket we get for DC. We might hit more parks if I can convince myself to buy annual passes since we will be back next year in August.

I dont know much about the FE, so I can keep track of the people but when it actually comes to setting this up I am lost. So if anyone knows how to organize it when we get closer that would be great.

We are under the 120 day mark!!!!!!! Whoo hoo :cool1:

The snow is all gone... the weather is getting better ...

and one week left till final exams :scared1:

Welcome PMDR59, TheDisneyingNewfie!!!

No worries, we are all gonna have a great time!!!! :cool1:

Well due to some school scheduling issues, I will be taking two classes via internet from the boat (modern technology isnt it great!) So if you see someone on deck reading some big fat ugly textbooks - that's probably me!!!!

Do you think I can reserve some computer terminal time? Or should I just suck it up and bring my laptop?

No I didn't get an upgrade ... I got the next best thing ....
a 92% on my Motor Science Final
a 88% on my Dysphagia Final
a perfect score 100% on my Biology Final
and a 98% on my Articulation and Phonology Disorders Final!!!!!

Whoo!!!!

-

Last cruise I got the planning packet a month (4 weeks) before our trip.

Ugh! Really? 4-5 weeks out? When do we get back from our cruise? I need to book our flights while they're cheap. :confused: Will I find that out when we get our planning packet?

Ugh! Really? 4-5 weeks out? When do we get back from our cruise? I need to book our flights while they're cheap. :confused: Will I find that out when we get our planning packet?

We return from the cruise on Sept 5th. You need to be off the ship by 9am then figure enough time to get to the airport and through security.

We booked our flight out at 1:30pm, just to make sure we had enough time and there was no rushing.

Hi everyone!

We'll be joining you all on this cruise. myself, DW, DD14, DD2
We are DVC members so we will be staying at AKV the 6 nights prior to the cruise (3 on the cncierge level:cool1:). So let us know if any of you will be there too. This will be our 4th Disney cruise with our most recent being the Eastbound Transtlantic this past april. We are very interested in participating in the Fish Extender with the rest of you so please add us to your list.
Look forward to getting to know some of you be our cruise

Alex

Hi everyone!

We'll be joining you all on this cruise. myself, DW, DD14, DD2
We are DVC members so we will be staying at AKV the 6 nights prior to the cruise (3 on the cncierge level:cool1:). So let us know if any of you will be there too. This will be our 4th Disney cruise with our most recent being the Eastbound Transtlantic this past april. We are very interested in participating in the Fish Extender with the rest of you so please add us to your list.
Look forward to getting to know some of you be our cruise

Alex

yeah we will also be at AKV before the cruise, we will be getting in on August 28. We have a 2 bedroom since I believe my sister in law and her family will be joining us. We are staying in Kidani, are you there or at Jambo? Hope to see you there.

Unfortunately, my father passed away last week, so we have decided to postpone our trip. Hope you all have a great time!

Aymee

yeah we will also be at AKV before the cruise, we will be getting in on August 28. We have a 2 bedroom since I believe my sister in law and her family will be joining us. We are staying in Kidani, are you there or at Jambo? Hope to see you there.

Great to hear:cool1::cool1:

We are in Jambo House so we stay on the concierge level, but are planning on spending a fair bit of time over at the Kidani pool with the kids. We haven't decided how much time were gonna spend at the parks. If its hot, we may just hang around the pool. So we will definately have to meet before the cruise.
How are you planning to get to Port Canaveral? And this is your first cruise....WOW your kids are gonna luv it big time...

cheers

sorry for your loss Aymee, hope to meet you in the future. Take care of the family and remember the good times.

I'm so sorry to hear that Aymee. That's so tough.

I almost lost my dad a couple weeks ago as well but 3 stents in his heart later and he's doing ok.

Best wishes to your family.

Great to hear:cool1::cool1:

We are in Jambo House so we stay on the concierge level, but are planning on spending a fair bit of time over at the Kidani pool with the kids. We haven't decided how much time were gonna spend at the parks. If its hot, we may just hang around the pool. So we will definately have to meet before the cruise.
How are you planning to get to Port Canaveral? And this is your first cruise....WOW your kids are gonna luv it big time...

cheers

We are looking to spend some time at the pool also, so far this is what we have planned
sat nothing,
sun discovery cove,
mon sea world,
tues MK,
wed nothing,
we were looking at getting a limo and taking it down that morning from happy limo. Not sure if the sister in law is coming right now so this may change to us getting a rental car like I always do when we go down. Will keep you posted though.
Pissed though, if they dont give a definate answer on if they are going or not I could be in a 2 bedroom that we dont really need and wasted the points on it.

We are looking to spend some time at the pool also, so far this is what we have planned
sat nothing,
sun discovery cove,
mon sea world,
tues MK,
wed nothing,
we were looking at getting a limo and taking it down that morning from happy limo. Not sure if the sister in law is coming right now so this may change to us getting a rental car like I always do when we go down. Will keep you posted though.
Pissed though, if they dont give a definate answer on if they are going or not I could be in a 2 bedroom that we dont really need and wasted the points on it.

You.ve got more planned than us.....the only things we have planned is meeting some friends for dinner at Wilderness Lodge on the sat evening. DD14 still has a few days left on her annual pass so I'm sure we'll end up in the MK Kingdom the first or second day.
Pool time is sounding really really good:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter