September 19, 2010 - anyone?

VeryGfy - How's DD doing with the cast on her arm? Will she be able to get it wet?

EmsaBems

She is doing very good with it. She has begun using the fingers and bath time has become a lot less upsetting for the both of us. We went back to the doctors on Monday and she had to get a new cast because the swelling on her wrist had gone down so it was making the cast to loose. They say that they will swap it out the week of the cruise with a short arm waterproof :banana:

She had school pictures this week so of course they all have the cast in the picture. I kind of hoped they would have taken one shot on the other side so we would have the option if whether or not we wanted the cast in the pictures, but oh well. I think she looks adorable either way!!

anyone have an opinion on the restaurants at AKL? I've ad a lot on the dining threads about how good they are but for some reason the menus just aren't appealing to me yet. Maybe the live and in person will temp me more :rolleyes:

Ems

My family stayed at AKL last time we did they cruise and it was unbelievable! We only ate at Boma, the buffet, and there was a very large selection of all kinds of food. The menu does look a little overwhelming and intersting but I promise the food is delish! You'll be able to find regular comfort food here too. We mentioned to the waiter it was our anniversary and he brought a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a few cake treats with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. :cloud9: It was really SWEET of them!

My son just got the character call I ordered in April. Good thing I put it on the calendar or I might have forgotten to be home. :rotfl:

Two days without activity on here. Is everyone starting to pack like I am? I've been trying to pack our non-clothing items so that I can settle on luggage and what we still need to buy. We're so excited. The kids and I have been counting down since 199 days and now, starting tomorrow, we will be counting down from 10! :cool1::banana::woohoo:

The kids and I have been counting down since 199 days and now, starting tomorrow, we will be counting down from 10!

The ongoing argument in my house right now is do you include TODAY in the count or not!?!?!? :rotfl:

I of course think today doesn't count, but I can't convince DS 5, so we are still on 13 days to go :laughing:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am officially DONE with all my FE gifts!!!! Miracle of Miracles I had exactly enough of the adult and boy gifts, and just a couple extra girl gifts 'just in case' - now I'm having fun planning when we are going to deliver and how we are going to to a 'reverse scavenger hunt' as a family activity while on baord... finding all of the rooms will be so much fun!

Can't wait to meet all of you!
EmsaBems

Can't wait!!!!! I'm doing a pre/reg.trip report on the Disboards so hop onboard, via my siggy! I cannot believe its so close already and we are all getting SO excited!!!! When you bok so far in advance it seems forever away!

We have the same issue with deciding exactly how many days we have left... and we are driving to Florida on the Saturday, so our vacation "officially" starts on that day...

We have a little countdown clock on our computer that is always on top... and it's been counting down since about day 140!

DH has been driving everybody at his work crazy with the talk about it...but who cares, right! :rotfl2:

We are just trying to finish our FE gifts. This is our first time doing it. We decided to do one for each family, plus one small thing for each child. The tricky part of making sure that when there is more that one "family" sharing a room. When I include our room, I have counted 35 adults in total (including 2 for us), and 24 distinct family gifts (again, including us as 1) and 16 kids (including our 1). Does that make sense?

I have:

7627 Bella402 - 2 adults, 0 kids, 2 adult gifts
7136 cgstrech - 3 adults, 0 kids, 3 adult gifts
1041 ChipDaleLover - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
1067 ChipDaleLover - 2 adults, 0 kids, 1 adult gift
2601 ChipDaleLover - 2 adults, 0 kids, 2 adult gifts
1069 ChipDaleLover - 3 adults, 0 kids, 3 adult gifts
6083 Crystal_27 - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
7100 e_tea989 - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
7104 Emsabems - 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 adult gift
7505 FairyGrandmother - 3 adults, 0 kids, 2 adult gifts
2030 gdaneowner - 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 adult gift
2032 Jey12 - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
2602 thamar58 - 2 adults, 4 kids, 1 adult gift
6647 Tngrl78 - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
6551 verygfy - 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 adult gift
2544 vmedisneymom - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift

Did I get that right? Did I miss anyone?

Ok everyone here are the FE maps of the 4 decks that that have participating cabins. I have also included a link to my photobucket album where I have also uploaded the maps.

I have included the cabin numbers, names and ages on each page. If anyone has any issues printing or questions please let me know.

http://http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff332/ibmickey/Deck%20Plans/

Click on the thumbnail to view the full size image that you can download and print

Two days without activity on here. Is everyone starting to pack like I am? I've been trying to pack our non-clothing items so that I can settle on luggage and what we still need to buy. We're so excited. The kids and I have been counting down since 199 days and now, starting tomorrow, we will be counting down from 10! :cool1::banana::woohoo:

I have started packing not only non-clothing items so I know what to shop for next week, but also clothing that I know we are not going to be wearing over the next two weeks, like bathing suits and certain shorts and shirts (also saves me from additional laundry next week):rolleyes1

The ongoing argument in my house right now is do you include TODAY in the count or not!?!?!? :rotfl:

I of course think today doesn't count, but I can't convince DS 5, so we are still on 13 days to go :laughing:

:rotfl2: All DD4 keeps saying is when our we going on the boat, I want to see Mickey!!

I am officially DONE with all my FE gifts!!!! Miracle of Miracles I had exactly enough of the adult and boy gifts, and just a couple extra girl gifts 'just in case' - now I'm having fun planning when we are going to deliver and how we are going to to a 'reverse scavenger hunt' as a family activity while on baord... finding all of the rooms will be so much fun!

Can't wait to meet all of you!
EmsaBems

I have ordered so many things for the FE and none of it has shown up yet :scared1:. All of it says it has shipped, so hopefully it will show up mid next week. Getting very nervous with how close it is.

We have the same issue with deciding exactly how many days we have left... and we are driving to Florida on the Saturday, so our vacation "officially" starts on that day...

We have a little countdown clock on our computer that is always on top... and it's been counting down since about day 140!

DH has been driving everybody at his work crazy with the talk about it...but who cares, right! :rotfl2:

We are just trying to finish our FE gifts. This is our first time doing it. We decided to do one for each family, plus one small thing for each child. The tricky part of making sure that when there is more that one "family" sharing a room. When I include our room, I have counted 35 adults in total (including 2 for us), and 24 distinct family gifts (again, including us as 1) and 16 kids (including our 1). Does that make sense?

I have:

7627 Bella402 - 2 adults, 0 kids, 2 adult gifts
7136 cgstrech - 3 adults, 0 kids, 3 adult gifts
1041 ChipDaleLover - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
1067 ChipDaleLover - 2 adults, 0 kids, 1 adult gift
2601 ChipDaleLover - 2 adults, 0 kids, 2 adult gifts
1069 ChipDaleLover - 3 adults, 0 kids, 3 adult gifts
6083 Crystal_27 - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
7100 e_tea989 - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
7104 Emsabems - 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 adult gift
7505 FairyGrandmother - 3 adults, 0 kids, 2 adult gifts
2030 gdaneowner - 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 adult gift
2032 Jey12 - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
2602 thamar58 - 2 adults, 4 kids, 1 adult gift
6647 Tngrl78 - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift
6551 verygfy - 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 adult gift
2544 vmedisneymom - 2 adults, 1 kids, 1 adult gift

Did I get that right? Did I miss anyone?

This is an awesome list, thank you so much for putting it together!

Ok everyone here are the FE maps of the 4 decks that that have participating cabins. I have also included a link to my photobucket album where I have also uploaded the maps.

I have included the cabin numbers, names and ages on each page. If anyone has any issues printing or questions please let me know.

http://http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff332/ibmickey/Deck%20Plans/

Click on the thumbnail to view the full size image that you can download and print

WOW!!! this is incredible. I would have never been able to put something like this together.

That's great! And here I thought I had too much time on my hands and was seriously preoccupied with planning for this trip! :rotfl2:

Great work!:worship:

OK guys I have uploaded some more usefull information to help you keep FE manageable. Thanks to Crystal_27 and Tngrl78 for gathering the info. I just put their two lists together.

Link to the FE Share file this also includes excel files so you can organize the info to your liking

http://www.4shared.com/dir/usxzYm2l/Fish_Extender_Info.html

Click on the thumbnails to get to the shared file to download and print.

Michelle - thanks a million for the maps... My DS 5 is totally into maps right now so he will LOVE following the map to leave gifts!!!! We kind of lucked out, only 4 decks to visit!

I give you all fair warning that we will likely be delivering during first dinner seating on the first night. I'm getting paranoid about people taking my gifts out of your fe's so please check when you get back fro dinner or just before you go if you have 2nd seating!

I'm feelin the love!

:grouphug:

Wow, It's only 13 days :yay: until the cruise and I've never posted to this thread! Work has been crazy these past six months (really since November), but it's finally starting to calm down.

Anyway, we'll be on this cruise - all nine of us :). Our cast is: Me (35), my DW Jennifer (33), our DD Peyton (10), DD Eden (8), DS Halen (7), DS Cayson (4), DS Rylan (2), DS Levin (9 mos), and our friend Gena/aka Nena (50). We're planning on going to the Atlantis in the Bahamas, hitting the beach at Castaway Cay, and just generally relaxing and soaking up the sun!

This is our fourth cruise but our first four day (all the rest were on the Magic). I don't know if the shortened schedule will feel like a real 'cruise'- we'll have to see. We're staying at Old Key West for five days when we get off the cruise :yay: so it's a good trade off (cruise days for park days).

Looking forward to cruising with ya'll!

Sonny D.

OK guys I have uploaded some more usefull information to help you keep FE manageable. Thanks to Crystal_27 and Tngrl78 for gathering the info. I just put their two lists together.

Link to the FE Share file this also includes excel files so you can organize the info to your liking

Holy cow, Michelle!! :worship: AWESOME!!

That is amazing Michelle! I was even more shocked when I saw that you are from Oklahoma City too - I am also Michelle from Oklahoma City - how bizarre is that!!! It just doesn't show on my profile for some reason.

Anyway, we'll be on this cruise - all nine of us :). Our cast is: Me (35), my DW Jennifer (33), our DD Peyton (10), DD Eden (8), DS Halen (7), DS Cayson (4), DS Rylan (2), DS Levin (9 mos), and our friend Gena/aka Nena (50).

6 kids :scared1: I SALUTE you!

I hope you are further along in packing than we are - so much to do with only 2 kids, I can't imagine tripling the amount of stuff to bring!!!!

;)

EmsaBems

Hi everybody! I can't wait to get away! Very impressed with the work on the FE information, great job! I hope everyone has a great time with this. We'll definitely be participating on our next Disney cruise.

So, I just gave up a Palo reservation, if anyone was looking. My parents had to cancel their cruise with us because my grandmother has taken a turn for the worse last night, and my mom doesn't want to leave her. :guilty::sad1: My DH and I were on the fence about Palo anyway (it's only four nights, and we don't want to miss any of the restaurants on the rotation, since it's our first time) so I cancelled it. It was for Tuesday night, Sept. 21 at 7:30pm for 2 adults. We'll do Palo next time.

So now it's just the three of us, me (37), DH Keith (38) and DS Nathan (4). I'll be the one hiding the basketball under my shirt. I just bought the cutest shirt last night at Motherhood. It's pink with Mickey on the back with his arms stretched around to the front hugging my belly, and it says, "Embrace the belly!"

Jenny

Because I'd rather be doing ANYTHING Disney than working right now, I just searched for a cabin on our cruise - the site is showing Oceanview Stateroom as the only option right now. I know it doesn't mean anything, but maybe the ship is not 'entirely' full ;)

I'm obsessed with the idea of asking for an upgrade when we check in - which is ridiculous because we specifically booked to be near the other 3 cabins in our group... I might just have to ask to torture myself!

DS3 was sent home from school after 45 minutes when he started throwing up today :sick: I hope this means we will all be sick in the next few days and fully recovered before the cruise (I know better than to hope that the rest of us don't get sick :sad2:) Wish us luck purging the germs, and hope we don't have to use our trip insurance! :scared:

EmsaBems

Hi everybody! I can't wait to get away! Very impressed with the work on the FE information, great job! I hope everyone has a great time with this. We'll definitely be participating on our next Disney cruise.

So, I just gave up a Palo reservation, if anyone was looking. My parents had to cancel their cruise with us because my grandmother has taken a turn for the worse last night, and my mom doesn't want to leave her. :guilty::sad1: My DH and I were on the fence about Palo anyway (it's only four nights, and we don't want to miss any of the restaurants on the rotation, since it's our first time) so I cancelled it. It was for Tuesday night, Sept. 21 at 7:30pm for 2 adults. We'll do Palo next time.

So now it's just the three of us, me (37), DH Keith (38) and DS Nathan (4). I'll be the one hiding the basketball under my shirt. I just bought the cutest shirt last night at Motherhood. It's pink with Mickey on the back with his arms stretched around to the front hugging my belly, and it says, "Embrace the belly!"

Jenny

Hi Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she does better.
You do know however, that one of the restaurants on your rotation will be a repeat, and thats usually on the third night. So you wont be missing any restaurants.

Because I'd rather be doing ANYTHING Disney than working right now, I just searched for a cabin on our cruise - the site is showing Oceanview Stateroom as the only option right now. I know it doesn't mean anything, but maybe the ship is not 'entirely' full ;)

I'm obsessed with the idea of asking for an upgrade when we check in - which is ridiculous because we specifically booked to be near the other 3 cabins in our group... I might just have to ask to torture myself!

DS3 was sent home from school after 45 minutes when he started throwing up today :sick: I hope this means we will all be sick in the next few days and fully recovered before the cruise (I know better than to hope that the rest of us don't get sick :sad2:) Wish us luck purging the germs, and hope we don't have to use our trip insurance! :scared:

EmsaBems

I check it everyday and it is weird sometimes I get a verandah, sometimes the cruise date doesn't even show up when I do a search. I also want to ask for an upgrade at the port.

I am so sorry DS3 is not feeling better. I really hope it gets knocked out super fast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter