September 19, 2010 - anyone?

There are no brunches! I saw the high tea this morning but no brunches! :headache:

Don't worry, Hon, we'll get you in there. :grouphug:

My husband and I are booked for the high tea on the day at sea. Really looking forward to it.

Yup - we are booked for 3:00 p.m. on the sea day too. :banana:

High tea sounds great! When would we do that? We would for sure be in on doing the FE gift exchange, it sounds so fun! I need to check with the other family we are traveling with to see if they are interested in it as well. Right now please put us down for our family, Jen, Jason and Jordyn (4). How fun! We're GTY so don't know our room number yet but can't wait to find out!

Jen, I'll get you guys added to the master FE list. Regarding the Tea, just reserve the spot for now and we'll get it all coordinated once we get aboard (or we can all just show up at the same time and ask to be seated together). :thumbsup2

Please add us to the FE Angela, Mitch, Scott (12) and Haley (4). We are also gty, so cabin number yet.

Will do, Angela. :hug:

All right, guys, here's the updated FE list:

Fish Extender Participants (updated):

Crystal_27 - Crystal, Randy, Ansley(6) - 6083
Jey12 - Jen, Jason and Jordyn(4) - GTY
UGAFan0829 - Missy, Mike - GTY
verygfy - Angela, Mitch, Scott(12), Haley(4) - GTY

Add us to the FE exchange. Michelle, Chris and I (Magie) we are in cabin 7505. We (or at least I want to do high tea. I am going over to the site now and book it.

Well it took me to tries (still computer illiterate) but I managed to get High Tea booked for the 3 of us. I havent talked with Michelle or Chris yet so they may not want to participate. If they don't it will be just me. We are booked for brunch at 10am.

Hello everyone,

I just realized how close we are getting :cool1:. For those of you new to FE here are some of the things we have gotten before. Candy, stickers, one friend from Lousiana gave everyone some zatarans seasoning and a little recipe book she made up on her computer, cd with different tropical sounding songs, you can do as much or as little as you want. It is fun to come back to you cabin and find little suprises waiting for you.

Crystal, I would be willing to help out by making up a floor by floor map with the rooms marked on it to help everyone find the cabins easily.

Has anyone ever done the Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy message? It sounds wonderful but so expensive.

Jen, I'll get you guys added to the master FE list. Regarding the Tea, just reserve the spot for now and we'll get it all coordinated once we get aboard (or we can all just show up at the same time and ask to be seated together). :thumbsup2

Should I book the high tea at 3pm on the day at sea then? Not sure about the Palo brunch, I'll need to check with the rest of my group. Hopefully I'll get them to do the FE's as well as the tea!

This is all too exciting. Honestly I can't remember being this excited about anything since my DD was born. We just scheduled a day after the cruise at Magic Kingdom, I've never been and couldn't stand the fact I would be so close and not at least experience one day!

Oh any anyone looking for FE for their doors they are on ebay but I also found a few cute ones on etsy.com as well. Just an FYI.

Just went to book high tea and it says no spots available at Palo for anything? Guess I was too late. :(

Add us to the FE exchange. Michelle, Chris and I (Magie) we are in cabin 7505.

Awesome -- I will get you added to the FE list, and see ya at the Tea! :goodvibes

Crystal, I would be willing to help out by making up a floor by floor map with the rooms marked on it to help everyone find the cabins easily.

Has anyone ever done the Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy message? It sounds wonderful but so expensive.

That would be great about the floor map. I don't yet have you on the FE list...did you guys want to participate as well? And, regarding the stone massage, while I've never done it on DCL, I've had one before and it is awesome. The stones are heated almost to the point of being too hot, and they just put a lot of oil on your parts and slide the stones over your body parts. Uh-maz-ing. :thumbsup2

Just went to book high tea and it says no spots available at Palo for anything? Guess I was too late. :(

That's okay...I'm sure that you'll be able to add it once you board the ship. :goodvibes

FairyGrandmother - Michelle, Chris, Magie - 7505
ibmickey?

crystal, I am michelle that is with fairygrandmother. I forgot that that could be a little confusing sometimes since we both post to the boards. I will start getting the maps together and will add cabin # as we get them.

the massage sounds fantastic I am definitely moving that to the top of my want to do list.

Hi Crystal, would you add me to the FE exchange? My name is Marianne and I am traveling with my mom Sue. Our stateroom is 7627.

crystal, I am michelle that is with fairygrandmother. I forgot that that could be a little confusing sometimes since we both post to the boards. I will start getting the maps together and will add cabin # as we get them.

the massage sounds fantastic I am definitely moving that to the top of my want to do list.

Ah, it all makes sense to me now. I see the light! :lmao:

Hi Crystal, would you add me to the FE exchange? My name is Marianne and I am traveling with my mom Sue. Our stateroom is 7627.

Will do! :flower3:

Belle402 - Marianne with DM, Sue - 7627
FairyGrandmother/ibmickey - Michelle, Chris, Magie - 7505

:goodvibes

Crystal - thanks for stepping up to organize, I've been watching this thread for a while now and would love to be included!

This will be our first Disney cruise and we are SOOOO excited!
Rodney, Emily, Aiden (5), Jacob(3) - cabin 7104

Will there be a cutoff date at some point so we know how many gifts we need to prepare?

Just a bit of background, I've organized this cruise for our family including both sets of grandparents, by DH sister and her family, and my brother who has Cerebral Palsy. So far Disney has been great about accomodating our special needs, and we cannot wait for the cruise to begin! We are going to end out the week at WDW - any reccomendations would be appreciated! (For example, I think we are not going to visit the parks on Thursday because I think it might be too much activity for the kids). Any other advice/wisdom?

:grouphug:

My little guy is 3 yrs and 38 inches - the DCL website says you must be 4 yrs and 38 inches to slide the waterslide onboard...

Does anyone know if this is enforced strictly?

TY!

Crystal - thanks for stepping up to organize, I've been watching this thread for a while now and would love to be included!

This will be our first Disney cruise and we are SOOOO excited!
Rodney, Emily, Aiden (5), Jacob(3) - cabin 7104

Will there be a cutoff date at some point so we know how many gifts we need to prepare?

Just a bit of background, I've organized this cruise for our family including both sets of grandparents, by DH sister and her family, and my brother who has Cerebral Palsy. So far Disney has been great about accomodating our special needs, and we cannot wait for the cruise to begin! We are going to end out the week at WDW - any reccomendations would be appreciated! (For example, I think we are not going to visit the parks on Thursday because I think it might be too much activity for the kids). Any other advice/wisdom?

:grouphug:

Welcome Emsabems family! As to any advice regarding the parks, I think you are going to be in for a very difficult time with the kiddos asking about going to the parks since you will be so close. :rotfl: Even if you only hit Downtown Disney or Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours, I think that you can easily accommodate your family and still experience Disney. As to the slide, I actually didn't realize until now that there was an age limit as well as a height requirement. :rolleyes1 DD went on the slide when she was 3 with no problems at all (of course, not until the last day and not until *she* was ready to do it).

All right -- here is the updated FE list. As to a cutoff, I say that we should have the cut off be September 1st. That way, we can have a couple weeks to get organized and such. Does that sound good to everyone?

Fish Extender Participants (updated):[/B]

Belle402 - Marianne with DM, Sue - 7627
Emsabems - Rodney, Emily, Aiden(5), Jacob(3) - 7104
FairyGrandmother/ibmickey - Michelle, Chris, Magie - 7505

I'm not sure if I want to do the FE yet. I'm sewing costumes for MNSSHP and don't want to put anything else on my plate till I have that finished. I will let you know before Sept 1st.

The first of Sept would be fine with us. The couple of weeks should be plenty of time to work on FE gifts. Of course I've been pondering them for awhile now since this is our first cruise and first time particpating in a FE.

We are going to do the Universal Islands of Adventure on Thur when we get back and then Friday at MK. Silly question but what is the MNSSHP? I have seen it referred to several times and can't quite figure it out. :confused3

I have never been to Disney World and could not stand the thought of being so close and not going, so I would imagine small children would feel just as strong. First cruise, first trip to MK I know I sound like I've never left the midwest, but really I have. LOL. I always figured I'd missed out as a kid and Disney was something to wait to take my own child to. I think I'm about to discover what I've been missing out on! :yay:

Hi all,

I've sailed twice on the Wonder with extended family, but I'm thinking of taking the cruise solo. I will love being in my own cabin, and don't mind spending quiet days near the adult pool, but it' would be nice to know if there are any others also sailing alone? And will DCL likely seat me with other like adults at dinner...?
Has anyone actually sailed single, and do you have any hints or advice if I do decide to do this?

Thanks for the advice! I wouldn't dream of tormenting my kids by bringing them within inches of the Magic Kingdom and not actually going :) It's been a bit challenging to come up with a reasonable schedule, but here's where I am so far:

Sat Sep 18 - Drive from NC to Port Canaveral (thanks to the boards here I have lots of good ideas about games/activities to keep the kids occupied)
Sun Sep 19 - Thurs Sep 23 CRUISE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thurs Sep 23 - Drive from PC to Orlando and check into Animal Kingdom Lodge... hang out at pool and relax - dinner at Garden Grove with Characters
Fri Sep 24 - Magic Kingdom
Sat Sep 25 - start the trek home (sigh)

I am super excited about the trip, and really getting into the whole FE idea... there are some great ideas and photos on the boards that are getting my creative juices flowing!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Silly question but what is the MNSSHP? I have seen it referred to several times and can't quite figure it out. :confused3

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at MK. MVMCP is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in case you see that one too.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at MK. MVMCP is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in case you see that one too.

Thanks so much! One less thing on my mind! :cool1: Is that included in the daily ticket price or is it a seperate event? Sorry I'm clueless to all of the Disney World things, I've obviously been sheltered from some great fun!

Thanks so much! One less thing on my mind! :cool1: Is that included in the daily ticket price or is it a seperate event? Sorry I'm clueless to all of the Disney World things, I've obviously been sheltered from some great fun!

It's a separate ticket event. You can dress up in costumes and they give out candy all over the park. There are stations where you can see the characters dressed up in costumes (like Minnie in a witch costume, etc.). They have a special parade (it's incredible) and fireworks. They also have dance parties where you can dance with the characters. Because it's a separate ticket even the park is less crowded and many rides have very short lines. We went last year and it was super fun (if you can afford the about $50/person!!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter