September 19, 2010 - anyone?

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are getting married at the Swan & Dolphin resort then we are hopping aboard the Disney Wonder for our honeymoon. We are first-time cruises, and we hope to meet a lot of great people! :love:

P.S. All the standard inside cabins & deluxe inside cabins are all booked up! I would agree that our ship is really filling up!

Hello all,
I booked this cruise last month. It'll be me (37), DH (38), DS (4), and my parents (I'm not allowed to say). It will be the first Disney cruise for us all, though all the adults have been on a generous handful of Royal Caribbean cruises before. We're getting to Port Canaveral on Saturday and planning on spending the afternoon at Kennedy Space Center. After the cruise, we're headed to WDW for 3 more nights, our DS's second trip to WDW. The rest of us have been there too many times to count.

We're booked on adjoining deluxe inside cabins, but we've been waitlisted for the early seating. My poor little guy conks out around 8:30, so I really hope we can switch seatings when we get there! Oh, and I'll be ridiculously pregnant by then. Just squeaked by as far as their pregnancy rules were concerned.

Nice to meet everyone!

Jenny

Getting excited about the cruise! :cool1: About 1 month out I'll probably do a pretrippie then trip report. They are so much fun to do and allow me to print it out for ammo when my kids think I'm a meanie and never do anything fun for them!

Poeticdiabetic~ dh has been on the minimed pump for 11 years (type 1 for nearly 30 years). Do you pump, inject or is it diet controlled? Hoping to not have any problems while we are away. :rolleyes: can cause nightmares!

We are driving down from CT (I must be a nutter) and still trying to decide what to do and where to stop. Busch Gardens in VA, Washington, DC, Universal, Orlando (friend works there, discount?), NASA, Discovery Cove... As if I don't have enough to sort out on the cruise :rotfl2:

bellaprincess~ I'm sure you'll find someone nice to sit next too. If not make sure you ask to swap asap(got stuck with nightmare people last Discruise) Don't just put up with it. I'd offer but my gf from work is going with her dd and boyf.

I was thinking this thread was awfully slow and I realized that I unsubscribed myself from the thread (DUH!). I hope everyone is doing well. I'm excited to see that there are going to be so many families from the 'burbs of Atlanta cruising (we are in Douglasville). I'm glad to be back on the radar...hope everyone has a great day! :goodvibes

Getting excited about the cruise! :cool1: About 1 month out I'll probably do a pretrippie then trip report. They are so much fun to do and allow me to print it out for ammo when my kids think I'm a meanie and never do anything fun for them!

Poeticdiabetic~ dh has been on the minimed pump for 11 years (type 1 for nearly 30 years). Do you pump, inject or is it diet controlled? Hoping to not have any problems while we are away. :rolleyes: can cause nightmares!

We are driving down from CT (I must be a nutter) and still trying to decide what to do and where to stop. Busch Gardens in VA, Washington, DC, Universal, Orlando (friend works there, discount?), NASA, Discovery Cove... As if I don't have enough to sort out on the cruise :rotfl2:

bellaprincess~ I'm sure you'll find someone nice to sit next too. If not make sure you ask to swap asap(got stuck with nightmare people last Discruise) Don't just put up with it. I'd offer but my gf from work is going with her dd and boyf.

Sorry that my weird online name gave the wrong impression, but I do not actually have diabetes. Thank God!

The purpose of my online name is that I am an author and poet. I also perform some spoken word (performance poetry.) Poetic Diabetic rhymes and uses an inference to my need for artistic poetic outbursts.

I didn't even get what you were talking about at first. I had to google "Minimed" in order to determine that you thought I was diabetic.:lmao:

Definitely not!!:lmao: I was right there with ya!:thumbsup2

Were you able to get what you wanted?

I actually was able to get everything - Palo Brunch, Palo dinner, and the jetskis at Castaway Cay. How 'bout you?

As an aside, didn't you recently buy into DVC? I know there are probably lots of "UGAFans" out there, but I thought I recall seeing you on the DVC boards...? If so, congratulations!! We bought into BLT last March and couldn't be happier with the decision. :goodvibes

I actually was able to get everything - Palo Brunch, Palo dinner, and the jetskis at Castaway Cay. How 'bout you?

As an aside, didn't you recently buy into DVC? I know there are probably lots of "UGAFans" out there, but I thought I recall seeing you on the DVC boards...? If so, congratulations!! We bought into BLT last March and couldn't be happier with the decision. :goodvibes

Yeaaa-I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get it all!!

I was able to get Palo Brunch (will will be our first time trying), and a Couple's Massage--that's all I really wanted. We really aren't planning on doing any excursions, except for maybe a bike ride on CC. We're planning to stay on the ship in Nassau, which is also the day that we booked our massage for. Have you done the jet skis before? They really look like a lot of fun!

You are right, we did just buy into DVC last summer--it hasn't been quite a year yet, but we are loving it!! I think I remember seeing you over there on the DVC boards, and I believe you may have even responded to some of the many questions that I asked before we joined-so thank you for that.

I know I've also read some of your TR's as well, so I'm exicted to be on the same cruise as you. Is The Big coming on this cruise as well? She is such a cutie!

Yeaaa-I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get it all!!

I was able to get Palo Brunch (will will be our first time trying), and a Couple's Massage--that's all I really wanted. We really aren't planning on doing any excursions, except for maybe a bike ride on CC. We're planning to stay on the ship in Nassau, which is also the day that we booked our massage for. Have you done the jet skis before? They really look like a lot of fun!

You are right, we did just buy into DVC last summer--it hasn't been quite a year yet, but we are loving it!! I think I remember seeing you over there on the DVC boards, and I believe you may have even responded to some of the many questions that I asked before we joined-so thank you for that.

I know I've also read some of your TR's as well, so I'm exicted to be on the same cruise as you. Is The Big coming on this cruise as well? She is such a cutie!

Awwww, you are so sweet - - I definitely look forward to meeting you on the cruise (and, yes, The Big will definitely be there too)! Maybe, if the times work out, we can hook up at Palo for brunch?? We are doing the 10:00 a.m., but we can certainly be flexible if it all works out. :goodvibes

As to the jetskis, we rented a double last year when we cruised in September and it was sooooooo much fun!! I don't think that either DH or me stopped laughing the entire time - it was a freakin' riot! I can't wait until The Big is old enough to join us on that particular excursion - I'm quite sure she will love it too. As to Nassau, we are debating on whether or not to do Atlantis (not booking through Disney; booking through Comfort Suites to get the waterpark passes). However, since we are doing the back-to-back with the cruise on the 23rd, I'm trying to divide the fun stuff between this cruise and that one, but I just don't know if I want to spend the $300+ for just a waterpark either way. I honestly think that The Big would have just as much fun in the pool or in the Clubs. So, that's where I'm at with that. A massage sounds wonderful, though - I know that every report I've ever read just raves about the couples massages. I'm sure you guys will be lovin' that. :cloud9:

That's awesome that you guys also bought into DVC!! We've only stayed one night at BLT last September (before our cruise last year), and are staying one night at BCV before this cruise, but our first "real" trip home is going to be this December. We have been making ADRs for that trip for the past week or so, and I just keep getting more and more excited about it. :woohoo: :yay: We are also actually debating on doing the members cruise for 2011, so that should be more awesome DVC vacationing to look forward to. :cheer2:

Awwww, you are so sweet - - I definitely look forward to meeting you on the cruise (and, yes, The Big will definitely be there too)! Maybe, if the times work out, we can hook up at Palo for brunch?? We are doing the 10:00 a.m., but we can certainly be flexible if it all works out. :goodvibes

As to the jetskis, we rented a double last year when we cruised in September and it was sooooooo much fun!! I don't think that either DH or me stopped laughing the entire time - it was a freakin' riot! I can't wait until The Big is old enough to join us on that particular excursion - I'm quite sure she will love it too. As to Nassau, we are debating on whether or not to do Atlantis (not booking through Disney; booking through Comfort Suites to get the waterpark passes). However, since we are doing the back-to-back with the cruise on the 23rd, I'm trying to divide the fun stuff between this cruise and that one, but I just don't know if I want to spend the $300+ for just a waterpark either way. I honestly think that The Big would have just as much fun in the pool or in the Clubs. So, that's where I'm at with that. A massage sounds wonderful, though - I know that every report I've ever read just raves about the couples massages. I'm sure you guys will be lovin' that. :cloud9:

That's awesome that you guys also bought into DVC!! We've only stayed one night at BLT last September (before our cruise last year), and are staying one night at BCV before this cruise, but our first "real" trip home is going to be this December. We have been making ADRs for that trip for the past week or so, and I just keep getting more and more excited about it. :woohoo: :yay: We are also actually debating on doing the members cruise for 2011, so that should be more awesome DVC vacationing to look forward to. :cheer2:

Hooking up for Palo sounds great. We have 11:00 booked, so you just let me know what you decide! I have to warn you though--my DH and I will probably be like a fish out of water since we've never done the Brunch before and aren't really sure what to expect...LOL!!

Now that you mention it, I think I read the TR where you guys did the jet skis. It does sounds like a LOT of fun. Maybe I can talk to DH into it for next year's cruise.

I haven't had an actual full-blown massage yet, so I'm pretty excited about this one. Last year, the DH talked me into doing one of the Spa Samplers, which included a neck/shoulder massage, facial, foot/ankle massage, which was heavenly. So, ever since then I've been telling him how awesome that it was and how I really wanted to try a full massage. Of course I didn't want to leave him out, which is why I booked the couples. He's a little apprehensive about it, but I'm really excited.

I can understand your dilemma with the waterpark. From what I've seen it looks like a TOn of fun, but to me, that's a lot to spend.

We'll be in WDW the night before the cruise as well. We decided to save on our points and are staying at Pop since it's only one night. Not to mention, we used one of the promotions they were doing for the 40% off, and ended up getting the room for $72, which is cheaper than any of the hotels by the port. We have Trails End booked for dinner that night, so I'm excited about that.

BWV was the first place that we stayed after we bought into DVC, and we really liked it!

I bet you are so excited about being in Disney during the Christmas season...I can't imagine how awesome it's going to be!!

Hooking up for Palo sounds great. We have 11:00 booked, so you just let me know what you decide! I have to warn you though--my DH and I will probably be like a fish out of water since we've never done the Brunch before and aren't really sure what to expect...LOL!!

Now that you mention it, I think I read the TR where you guys did the jet skis. It does sounds like a LOT of fun. Maybe I can talk to DH into it for next year's cruise.

I haven't had an actual full-blown massage yet, so I'm pretty excited about this one. Last year, the DH talked me into doing one of the Spa Samplers, which included a neck/shoulder massage, facial, foot/ankle massage, which was heavenly. So, ever since then I've been telling him how awesome that it was and how I really wanted to try a full massage. Of course I didn't want to leave him out, which is why I booked the couples. He's a little apprehensive about it, but I'm really excited.

I can understand your dilemma with the waterpark. From what I've seen it looks like a TOn of fun, but to me, that's a lot to spend.

We'll be in WDW the night before the cruise as well. We decided to save on our points and are staying at Pop since it's only one night. Not to mention, we used one of the promotions they were doing for the 40% off, and ended up getting the room for $72, which is cheaper than any of the hotels by the port. We have Trails End booked for dinner that night, so I'm excited about that.

BWV was the first place that we stayed after we bought into DVC, and we really liked it!

I bet you are so excited about being in Disney during the Christmas season...I can't imagine how awesome it's going to be!!

Don't *at all* worry about Palo Brunch - - DH and my first time was when we cruised last year in September and I was so worried about finding something I liked or fitting in with the crowd, and it ended up being so laid back and amazing (and our server was so incredible too). You guys sound like you are our type of "peeps" for sure, and I'm sure you guys will love it. :hug: Let me see if I can move our reservation to 11:00 a.m. and we can just ask the servers to sit us together when we get there.

I'm sure you will *love, love, love* the full body massage. I started getting massages a couple of years ago, and now I try to go every couple months or so (at least every 6 months). I keep begging DH to go with me and give the couples massage a try, but he's uber-freaked out at the thought of strangers touching him (I think he's watched the Seinfeld episode about massages a few too many times - LOLOLOL). :laughing:

You guys really got lucky for getting the Pop so cheap - that's a steal!! We were going to stay at the Port the night before using the Priceline deal of $49, which included parking, but, by the time we went to bid for it, I guess they had gotten wind of it being posted on The DIS so it become not available anymore. It all worked out, though - - we had some 2011 points that we could borrow into 2010 (and BCV was available), so it is really only costing us parking for the cruises. We are planning on hanging around Epcot the night before, perhaps seeing Illuminations and partaking in one or two Grey Goose Slushies. :rolleyes:

I'm sooooo jealous!:rolleyes: I still have to wait until July 6th to book my Palo brunch and I have a feeling that I will not get anything by then!

I'm sooooo jealous!:rolleyes: I still have to wait until July 6th to book my Palo brunch and I have a feeling that I will not get anything by then!

I wouldn't worry about this at all - - there looks to be good availability on the Brunch still and, even if you aren't able to secure your reservation online before we cruise, I'm sure that there will be openings for onboard bookings. When we sailed last September, our friends (first time cruisers) weren't able to get either the Brunch or the High Tea and, when they got aboard, they literally had their choice of times and dates. They stressed for months about getting in there, and it turned out to be easy as pie. :goodvibes

I second what Crystal said! I was really surprised at how many different times were available for both brunch and dinner.

I understand how you feel though...I had to wait until we got onboard for our cruise last September to try and get an appointment at the salon for an updo on formal night and had no problem at all.

July 6th isn't very far away at all, so I'm betting you'll get something!!:thumbsup2

I second what Crystal said! I was really surprised at how many different times were available for both brunch and dinner.

I understand how you feel though...I had to wait until we got onboard for our cruise last September to try and get an appointment at the salon for an updo on formal night and had no problem at all.

July 6th isn't very far away at all, so I'm betting you'll get something!!:thumbsup2

Thanks guys I hope your right. I might just be a crazy as you guys and wait until midnight the night before! LOL. :surfweb:

Don't *at all* worry about Palo Brunch - - DH and my first time was when we cruised last year in September and I was so worried about finding something I liked or fitting in with the crowd, and it ended up being so laid back and amazing (and our server was so incredible too). You guys sound like you are our type of "peeps" for sure, and I'm sure you guys will love it. :hug: Let me see if I can move our reservation to 11:00 a.m. and we can just ask the servers to sit us together when we get there.

Crystal_27, not sure if you know this but Palo has a private dining area that holds around 10 people that you can book through disney cruise line reservations.

I was also up at midnight ( well actually 11 because we are an hour behind Florida), we got Palo brunch:cool1: and Swimming with the stingrays at CC. Since we are doing B2B cruises I also got to stay up late a second time to make Palo dinner reservations. I am so needing their chocolate souffle right now. :thumbsup2

Has anyone done the Caribbean Queen Snorkel Tour at Nassau? We have booked it for our second cruise but are a little apprehensive because my roommate is just really just learning how to swim.

I am trying to decide if I want to get a massage but figured I would be able to book that once we get on board.

Hope everyone gets all there reservations.:goodvibes See ya soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter