September 19, 2010 - anyone?

We are thinking about going to WDW after the cruise. If my MIL doesn't come with us, it will be more likely. If she comes, though, it will take more maneuvering.

Also, we live in Kennesaw, close to Acworth. We're driving down the night before. As a matter of fact, we'll be at the Walmart on Cobb Parkway getting rations around midnight. If you see a family of four, giggling- carrying water, sunflower seeds and candy... that would be us! (I drive all night long. I have the unique ability of driving all night, hang out all day and not getting sleepy until after midnight the next day.)

Wow, we are probably neighbors LOL. I drove by that Walmart today on my way to the post office to get DD's passport. We are planning to leave really early (5ish). We usually make it to WDW in about 7 or 7.5 hours so I'm hoping to be at the port early afternoon. Do you think that's cutting it too close?

Weird things happen on 75 South. That's why we're leaving at around 1AM or so.

I would rather be early than late. That way, if anything weird happens, we'll stll be OK. Plus, we'll probably get some breakfast and walk around to see the sights around town.

But it will be a Sunday, so you may be fine.

Total newbie here. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary AND his birthday on this cruise! It will be our first one, and I can't wait!!!

welcome to our group. Some of us have been on numerous Disney cruises. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Welcome to the cruise. My daughter and I will be on this cruise, it will be our 3rd on DCL:cool1:. We Will not have any kids with us this time, but hope to for our next one. We are doing B2B curises this time because there wasn't a a 7 day available:sad1:.Cruising has become a goal in its self for us:worship:rotfl2:. We are hoping to be able to do some of the longer cruises in the future and maybe some from the west coast. Looking foward to having you as a member of the group.

I hope we will be able to arrange a meet for some time on the cruise so that we can put faces to the names. We will be flying in the night befor and staying in Port Canaeral at the Radisson Hotel. We have stayed here before and find it a good place to stay. They have a shuttle service to the port and you can arrange to leave your car in their lot for the time of your cruise if you are driving.

Booked Today :banana: I am so excited. We have been debating doing a week long parks tour again or doing the cruise during DS fall break; DS took one look at the website and I really want to do that. So we are booked!!

We are thinking about driving down on Saturday night so we can be at the port early on Sunday and experience everything since it's our first ever cruise. Has anyone done this, and are there any hotels you recommend?

Booked Today :banana: I am so excited. We have been debating doing a week long parks tour again or doing the cruise during DS fall break; DS took one look at the website and I really want to do that. So we are booked!!

We are thinking about driving down on Saturday night so we can be at the port early on Sunday and experience everything since it's our first ever cruise. Has anyone done this, and are there any hotels you recommend?

We have the same plan. We're leaving around midnight or 1 AM Sunday. It should take us about 8 hours to get there, so we'll be there around 9 AM or so. We'll hit the Wal-mart on the way and spend some time there. We might even get something to eat.

If you're going on a cruise and you're driving down the morning of, you won't really need a hotel room... unless you're going to stay there after your cruise. You can park at the port for $60 for the entire cruise. That's what we're doing. (And we might even surprise our kids by getting a few days in WDW.)

I am definitely considering a few days at WDW before driving back. I wanted to see if MNNSHP would be starting and all of us attend that?? Definitely in the air. I am still trying to get my bearings down with the cruise. First time, and so many questions. I am trying to hold myself back from going commando as I do at the parks, and remind myself the major reason we are doing the cruise is to have a more relaxing time.

Hello everyone!! I was wondering if anyone knew about a taxi tour service for Nassau. DD is to little to do Atlantis and she is to much of a daredevil to avoid the big slides, so I was thinking about just taking a taxi to see some of the water and just see Nassau. I would rather do that then walk it since all I hear is you get harrassed non stop. Any help would be great!!

Question: What time does boarding start and end? We plan to drive down from Atlanta early Sunday morning, but I don't want to cut it too close. We can make it to WDW in about 7 or 7.5 hours.

Question: What time does boarding start and end? We plan to drive down from Atlanta early Sunday morning, but I don't want to cut it too close. We can make it to WDW in about 7 or 7.5 hours.

Yes, it only takes about 7 to 7.5 hours from Atlanta, I am over in the Powder Springs area and that is how long it takes us to get down there. We decided to book a hotel next to the port on Saturday that will allow us to leave the car for the cruise since the port parking will be about $60:scared1: and the hotel is only about $99. I figure an extra $30 is worth it, so the kids don't feel rushed and are well rested.

We decided to book a hotel next to the port on Saturday that will allow us to leave the car for the cruise since the port parking will be about $60:scared1: and the hotel is only about $99.

I'm thinking this might be the best idea. Especially with a 2 year old. Where are you staying?

Hello, everyone! I just booked this cruise for the DH (33) and I (30) today...just moments ago, actually! I can't wait to cruise on the Wonder one last time! (I hope to cruise to Alaska one day, but who knows!)
It sure does look like there's going to be several Georgians on this cruise as well!!:thumbsup2

I just noticed there are no more category 11 rooms available for our cruise, does that mean the ship is filling up?

No more Cat 11s? Wow, it is filling up.

As far as driving down, we're driving down the night before... or early morning. We'll be in the Port Canaveral area sometime around 8AM or so. We're leaving around 1AM or so.

We're going to find a Walmart and pick up stuff, find some breakfast and park around 10 or 10:30AM. Everyone will be well-rested (except moi) but I can hang tough. I've done it every year going to WDW and US/IOA since 2006 and I have the rare ability of staying awake a full 27 or 28 hours before sleeping.

Hi Folks,

I was just reading the thread about table mates and thought I would try to find a nice family to sit with us rather than risk getting assigned to a horror show! :scared1: LOL.

We are a family of 4 from NJ. My husband is 35, I am 30, and we have two boys who are almost 6 and almost 3. My kids are well behaved (For the most part, maybe a cranky moment here and there) We do not drink, we like to have conversations with good people. My kids are very friendly and outgoing so they will make friends easily with another family with kids.

PM me if you are interested in linking up on our cruise.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter