September 19, 2010 - anyone?

su_kraft

If I plan it, will you come?
Havent seen a thread for this one yet... It will be our third Disney cruise - 1st on the Wonder and first "short" cruise (not 7 day).

Anyone else onboard for that trip?

I have added your thread to the 2010 Wonder Cruise Meet list :thumbsup2

My girfriend and I are booked for this cruise as well. This will be our first Disney Cruise, and our first cruise ever. Hopefully we can meet up with some of you seasoned veterans and learn a few things!

This will be my 3rd Disney Cruise.:yay: Ibmickey is my daughter. We had planned to take the September repo cruise from Barcelona, but over the past several months have come to the sad conclusion that we really could not aford to miss that much time from work:sad1:, or spend that much money in these ecomomic times:sad2:.
I am hopeing that there will be more people on this thread as the time for the cruise gets closer;). On our past cruises we have been able get to know several familes before we set sail:thumbsup2.
We are doing back to back cruises. we will follow this cruise with a 3day:cool1:, so that means we will have 2 trips to Nassau and 2 trips to castaway cay:woohoo:.
I plan to revisit these boards often, hope you will all do the same.
magie p

Me and family, dh, dd 10 and ds 7, are going and it'll be our 2nd DCL. I managed to get a few friends involved so in all there 10 of us that are very excited! I'm contemplating whether or not to do the dolphin swim or Atlantis. Anyone done either?

Hi everyone!! DD's school just notified us that they have changed the 2010-2011 school calendar to add a week's vacation in September. So, we've done what any good Disney lover would do and booked a cruise. We'll be doing the back-to-back with this cruise and the one on the 23rd (it looks like there are several of us going that route - LOLOLOL). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! :goodvibes

This will be the first half of out B2B cruise. We are really looking forward to this time. I hope that this group will gorw, the second half seams to be starting to take off. There has not been much activity here however. Well it is still eairly. I wll hold the good thought. Be back later

Magie

We did the dolphin swim in Tortola on our last cruise. It was fantastic. We booked it directly with them because the package we wanted was not available through Disney. I highly recommend it.

I'm contemplating whether or not to do the dolphin swim or Atlantis. Anyone done either?

We too are contemplating Atlantis. Since we are doing the B2B, we will have 2 Nassau days but will only get off the ship for one of those days. I think, though, that instead of going through Disney for Atlantis we might book it ourselves by booking the hotel room. Will definitely have to research it. DD will be 6 and loves to swim but if the slides are such that she won't meet the height requirement, then we might skip Atlantis and just hang on the ship both days. Fun, fun, fun! :banana:

We havent booked yet but we have our eye on this cruise. I think maybe we'll be booking it this week. This will be our second cruise, but the first with Disney. I'm super excited:banana:

We have a DS 6 & DS 3. We did the Bahamas last time we cruised and I too am contemplating just staying on the ship instead of getting off at Nassau. Atlantis tickets are way too pricey and a lot of the other excursions are geared towards older kids. Not sure what to choose for a 3 year old.

Talk to you soon. Wish me luck on my booking! :thumbsup2

So we did it! We booked our first cruise as a family! We will be on this boat, in an inside stateroom! We originally thought about getting at least an oceanview, but we are only going to sleep and shower in the thing.

As far as Nassau is concerned, we plan on just forging our way past the initial wave of beggars and get to the downtown area. We are going to try to do a walking tour of the place and then head back to the ship. If it gets good to us, we may stay on the island for more than one or two hours.

But Atlantis? At THOSE prices? I'll pass. I'm going to do the jet ski tour thingy at Castaway Cay.

We have a DS 6 & DS 3.
Talk to you soon. Wish me luck on my booking! :thumbsup2

Awesome! My DD will be six in March, so (if you guys end up booking) I'm sure that your DS and her will see each other at the clubs. :goodvibes

As far as Nassau is concerned, we plan on just forging our way past the initial wave of beggars and get to the downtown area. We are going to try to do a walking tour of the place and then head back to the ship. If it gets good to us, we may stay on the island for more than one or two hours.

But Atlantis? At THOSE prices? I'll pass. I'm going to do the jet ski tour thingy at Castaway Cay.

We actually did our own walking tour of Nassau when we cruised in 2007 and I was disappointed (that's why we were thinking about doing Atlantis). It is expensive for sure, but if we can actually make sure of our time in Nassau it might be worth it. I don't know - - we're still deciding. Since we will be going to the parks in December, I want to keep this cruise as cheap as possible, but still make it memorable. And, we will definitely be doing the jetskis at Castaway Cay. We did them in September, 2009 and it was sooooooo much fun. :thumbsup2

hello all. this will be our 2nd cruise...we sailed the Magic last Sept 19th 2009. We are so excited. We really did not plan on sailing again this SOON but I have DCL fever. We are new to the Wonder and excited to sail before she moves to the west coast.

I have 2 kiddos ds 8 and dd 6!!! And we are all doing the Disney dance :dance3:

Awesome! My DD will also be 6 during the cruise. Hopefully, your kiddos and mine can pal around during the cruise. :thumbsup2

THANKS Crystal...I am so sad to say that we had to cancelour booking today...dh found out that he has to travel for work in Sept so we are going to hold off for now. I hope ya'll have a WONDERful trip!!

Just booked our first DCL cruise. We are so excited. First cruise with a toddler so that should be an adventure... anyone else headed to WDW after the cruise?

Just booked our first DCL cruise. We are so excited. First cruise with a toddler so that should be an adventure... anyone else headed to WDW after the cruise?

We are thinking about going to WDW after the cruise. If my MIL doesn't come with us, it will be more likely. If she comes, though, it will take more maneuvering.

Also, we live in Kennesaw, close to Acworth. We're driving down the night before. As a matter of fact, we'll be at the Walmart on Cobb Parkway getting rations around midnight. If you see a family of four, giggling- carrying water, sunflower seeds and candy... that would be us! (I drive all night long. I have the unique ability of driving all night, hang out all day and not getting sleepy until after midnight the next day.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter