• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyPinDiva said:
Of COURSE bribes work!! Especially those that come from that Malibu Distillery in Barbados....:drinking1 :drinking1 ::yes:: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

or maybe blackmail? :)

Was surfing thru the 14 day thread today and found a "too sweet" picture posted from a certain christmas cruise......

aphoenix said:
Just got back from Family Media Day at Disneyland - got to do a sneek peek at the new Pirates attraction. Three rides in a row. Ride through!pirate: Ride through!pirate:

Fantastic - they did a great job in blending the new elements in!

Had the new three-cheese Monte Cristo for lunch. Swiss, mozzerella, and double-creme brie. Heart attack on a plate - but it was delicious.

Come on Tony... tell us more about Pirates!!! Any pictures?? ;)

Told Joe about the new Monte Cristo... he figures that's as good an excuse as any to visit DL again...LOL :rolleyes:

aphoenix said:
Just got back from Family Media Day at Disneyland - got to do a sneek peek at the new Pirates attraction. Three rides in a row. Ride through!pirate: Ride through!pirate:

Fantastic - they did a great job in blending the new elements in!

Then, we ran into Tink33, as she was getting off the ride, and had lunch with her at Cafe Orleans.

tink33.jpg

Don't think she even realized I snapped the picture!

Had the new three-cheese Monte Cristo for lunch. Swiss, mozzerella, and double-creme brie. Heart attack on a plate - but it was delicious.

Gonna miss the Tink on this cruise !! :wave2:

BobandLee said:
or maybe blackmail? :)

Was surfing thru the 14 day thread today and found a "too sweet" picture posted from a certain christmas cruise......

OKAY,,, OKAY!!!! NO:stir: !!!

:dance3: :cheer2: BOB WINS!!!:cheer2: :dance3:

DisneyPinDiva said:

Told Joe about the new Monte Cristo... he figures that's as good an excuse as any to visit DL again...LOL :rolleyes:

Leslie and Joe

If you are coming out to DL for the Monte Cristo, you have to give us some advance warning. Something good might happen.

Ken

aphoenix said:
Not your Usual Roster Announcement:

Thanks for your help!!!

Tony

Hi Tony and everyone else:

We're still going, just don't have much time to post. Although at the rate it is raining, and has been for 2 months, in southern New England they just might be able to bring the Wonder right to our door for embarkation. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What's all the discussion about Crocs?, what about blinkie, flippy, floppy thingies? :lmao:

Bob
aka Dread Pirate Barnacle Bob pirate:

wrabitdad said:
Hi Tony and everyone else:

We're still going, just don't have much time to post. Although at the rate it is raining, and has been for 2 months, in southern New England they just might be able to bring the Wonder right to our door for embarkation. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What's all the discussion about Crocs?, what about blinkie, flippy, floppy thingies? :lmao:

Bob
aka Dread Pirate Barnacle Bob pirate:

My BFFT's are still working great! Wore them just the other day. :cool1:

kpros said:
Leslie and Joe

If you are coming out to DL for the Monte Cristo, you have to give us some advance warning. Something good might happen.

Ken

Hey Ken!! We'll be sure to let you know. Won't be any time soon though... Bridezilla will see to that! :rolleyes:
PS: Thanks again!!!! :thumbsup2

charwac1 said:
Isn't it easier to just repack after washing vacation clothes?
It would be if our last cruise hadn't been 8 months ago. At least this way the clothes will only have 3 months for the wrinkles to become permanent, not 10 :lmao: Which reminds me....pack the last of the Tide cubes :teeth:

Bob, That toy parrot looks KEWL, have not seen it yet. I think we may have to go to the motion picture house on July 7th.

Elaine, a great idea, now to get to work on the laser thingie.

Tony, Thanks for the update request. You da man, oh wise keeper of the roster. Also, Thanks for the pic of Tink33, sorry she will not be with us on this cruise. (Tony is pretty, no very good at getting those candid moments.) As well as the POC info. Looking forward to seeing it at WDW, you will have to fill us in on the differences in WDW and DL.

As Bob said don’t be shy send those pictures in to Tony for the Roster.

BFFT’s still working here in WY, saw and played with them as we were packing, it’s Croc’s for me on this trip.

CC will be very KEWL with the “flying Dutchman” for sure. Then again, it is cheaper to keep it on CC, than at a slip on Grand Bahama.

Kitster, you still have Tide Cubes, lucky you, why in the world they stopped making them is beyond me???? We may have a box of soap suds stuff i.e. tide with us so check with us before ya buy some on the ship.

Bummer, Bob got the first bribe/ blackmail in , now to bribe/blackmail Bob. That will be easy.

DisneyPinDiva said:

We'll have a full writeup tomorrow including photos. But, if you want to see a not so great video with clips of the major changes, look here:
http://www.mpimages.net/potc_2006_06_25.wmv

Some nice additions. There is a fantastic Davy Jones scene, with a special effects water fall that has to be seen to be believed. Barbossa takes his place on the ship threatenting the town, the dunking scene now relates to the pirates trying to find Jack, with him hiding in the background. There are a couple of other elements, but the bet one is the brand new scene at the end, with Jack in a new room, softly singing Yo Ho....

PrettyInTink said:
Am I going to be able to sucessfully bring my own bottles of champagne onboard without getting into trouble? :confused3 I'd like to have champagne every night at dinner and dh doesn't drink it so I was pondering half bottles...
I know the DCL doesn't really do half bottles and I'm not into the whole "cork it till tomorrow" thing. I'm willing to pay corking fee to enjoy my bubbles every night....Imput please :listen:

We bring wine with us for all our cruises. When we did the Panama Canal/1st west coast cruises we took 20 bottles of wine and our own corkscrew. We had a glass of wine before dinner and a glass before bedtime on the veranda. The most important thing is to pack the bottles so they don't break. I had a dozen bottles in a wheeled carry-on bag, just had to lift it up on the security machine at the terminal. Sometimes we order a bottle of white wine for our room for the bonvoyage. Then you have a bucket and DCL gives you a corkscrew. Hope this helps. Alex

Tony, the Roster looks great. :cool1: :thumbsup2 As has been said though, WE NEED MORE PICTURES! :teeth: Looks like there may be several people that may miss out on the "Fish Extender" fairies if they don't confirm. :sad2:

I know I have posted this before but it doesn't hurt to repeat. :rolleyes1 If you want a "Fish Extender" all you have to do is PM us and Doug and I will see that you get one. :thumbsup2 The only cost involved is $5 for postage if you want it sent to you ahead of time. If not we will bring it to the ship with us and you can decorate it on board. Remember ;) , in order to participate in the contest you will need to have an extender. You can decorate one you have, make one yourself or get one from us. Just hope to see you being a part of the fun.

Carol and Doug

icunurse_celeste said:
Laurie would be able to help you with this- I know she brought on some of her own bottles when she came and had them served at dinner....oh Laurie!

Yes, it is true...if I remember correctly :rolleyes1 we shipped 6 or 8 bottles to the Disney warehouse and they were in our stateroom when we boarded. It was a great way to have some special bottles of wine from our small collection while we were on such a MAGICal cruise. We plan on doing the same thing for this cruise. I also had a basket made for Michael that had a bottle of his favorite vodka and a fun, colorful martini shaker in it and tasty snacks. :love:

aphoenix said:
We'll have a full writeup tomorrow including photos. But, if you want to see a not so great video with clips of the major changes, look here:
http://www.mpimages.net/potc_2006_06_25.wmv

Some nice additions. There is a fantastic Davy Jones scene, with a special effects water fall that has to be seen to be believed. Barbossa takes his place on the ship threatenting the town, the dunking scene now relates to the pirates trying to find Jack, with him hiding in the background. There are a couple of other elements, but the bet one is the brand new scene at the end, with Jack in a new room, softly singing Yo Ho....

KEWL Tony! Thanks for posting. I think a DL trip must be in the near future. Just don't know when that might be. Will have to watch for a cheap last minute airfare to the O.C.

Linda

aphoenix said:
Not your Usual Roster Announcement:

I've just uploaded an update to the roster. On the right side of your listing, you will now see a column for 'Confirmed.'

If you have posted in the last two weeks to this thread (or I know you are coming personally), you will see a Yes next to your name.

If you haven't posted, it is blank.

If you are still joining us, please let me know, by PM or by email. And I will add the yes flag.

We are doing at the request of several people who are preparing special sailaway gifts, and who need a solid count of people and names..

Not checking in with me, and confirming that you are still going doesn't mean you can't join in all the fun and activities. But, you do risk missing out on the cool gifts.

So, don't risk it. Just drop me an email or send a PM, and we'll make sure to add you to the growing list.

Thanks for your help!!!

Tony

This looks great -very helpful. I know Cruzincricketts do not post here much but they are a yes as is clten.

BobandLee said:
Great idea Elaine. And the judges would be who? :confused3
Elaine & Leslie?
Do bribes work? :teeth:

DisneyPinDiva said:
Of COURSE bribes work!! Especially those that come from that Malibu Distillery in Barbados....

BobandLee said:
or maybe blackmail?

DisneyPinDiva said:
OKAY,,, OKAY!!!! NO !!!

BOB WINS!!!

What a second...don't I get a vote?????

Scott H said:
Bummer, Bob got the first bribe/ blackmail in , now to bribe/blackmail Bob. That will be easy.

Scott, you can bribe me for my vote :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter