September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I'm no expert photog by any means, I just love taking pictures. But I'll gladly help out where I can.

Hi Kevin,
I just read your "How To Save A Dull Photo" tutorial. I do have PSE 6. I'm also a Mac user; are you? I just got PSE right before the WB PC cruise so I've only started playing around with it. There were a couple of folks on our PC cruise who gave me some pointers and so far I've been able to muddle my way through and have some fun!

I followed the link to the LucisArt page; from what I can tell, it's not available right now due to being updated, but when it is, it's $500+ to buy. Did I read that right?:scared1: Is there anything in PSE that will give you sort of the same effect?

Hi Kevin,
I just read your "How To Save A Dull Photo" tutorial. I do have PSE 6. I'm also a Mac user; are you? I just got PSE right before the WB PC cruise so I've only started playing around with it. There were a couple of folks on our PC cruise who gave me some pointers and so far I've been able to muddle my way through and have some fun!

I followed the link to the LucisArt page; from what I can tell, it's not available right now due to being updated, but when it is, it's $500+ to buy. Did I read that right?:scared1: Is there anything in PSE that will give you sort of the same effect?

Sad but true. :worried:

They're about to release a stand-alone edition so they discontinued their plug-in version. The new platform is going to cost $595 vs $169 for the plug-in. As far as I know, there is nothing in PSE that will duplicate this effect.

Still a PC user...for now.

Sad but true. :worried:

They're about to release a stand-alone edition so they discontinued their plug-in version. The new platform is going to cost $595 vs $169 for the plug-in. As far as I know, there is nothing in PSE that will duplicate this effect.

Still a PC user...for now.

Resistance is futile!!!:lmao: :lmao:
pin4444.jpg

I posted this on the Photography thread but I thought I'd share it with my fellow "Tortolans". Or, whatever we're calling ourselves. :lmao:

Taken tonight from my deck. I don't know about the rest of you, but we're still waiting for summer to arrive here in Buffalo. Seems like it's been raining every day.

Storm01a.jpg

Summer hasn't arrived for you because it's taken up residence here in AZ and doesn't want to leave!!

I'd kick it up your way if I could!!;)

Now I find out that there was a second Old Geezers get together???:confused3 Hot chocolate and cookies?:rotfl2: I though that Benita was hilarious at the first meet. She really thought that we were all insulting ourselves. Guess she must have decided to play along by the second evening.:laughing:

Marilyn, I am so glad that you and John are officially joining this cruise!:woohoo:

Donna

Donna, Benita was so funny. We went for coffee a couple of days later and got told off because the old Geezers hadn't turned up the third night!!! She said she needed us there!!

IMG_1132.jpg

I hope there are some on this thread who might like to join us next time - though of course they might all be young'uns!!!

Donna, Benita was so funny. We went for coffee a couple of days later and got told off because the old Geezers hadn't turned up the third night!!! She said she needed us there!!

IMG_1132.jpg

I hope there are some on this thread who might like to join us next time - though of course they might all be young'uns!!!

Great picture, Marilyn! Thanks for posting it! Sorry I missed that evening. There was so much good entertainment onboard that we just couldn't do it all.

Grumpy-gramps and his wife will have to join us this time. We have cruised with him twice and are looking forward to seeing him again. I think he is at WDW now.

I am so looking forward to seeing so many familier faces on this cruise. It is going to be a blast!:goodvibes

Donna (aka "rags") That's what grumpy-gramps calls me.:rotfl2:

Great picture, Marilyn! Thanks for posting it! Sorry I missed that evening. There was so much good entertainment onboard that we just couldn't do it all.

Grumpy-gramps and his wife will have to join us this time. We have cruised with him twice and are looking forward to seeing him again. I think he is at WDW now.

I am so looking forward to seeing so many familier faces on this cruise. It is going to be a blast!:goodvibes

Donna (aka "rags") That's what grumpy-gramps calls me.:rotfl2:

Well, Grumpy-gramps sure sounds to be in the right age group!!!!!!!

Well, Grumpy-gramps sure sounds to be in the right age group!!!!!!!

Yep, sure is!:rotfl:He and his wife are so nice. Oops. Got it wrong. He is going to WDW in July. Wonder if his ears are burning since we are talking about him.:confused3 Wish he would post.

Donna

IMG_1132.jpg

I hope so too! That's Cheri (NotSoLittleMermaid) on the far left in the front and I'm the one standing behind Marilyn. I've REALY got to pick a photo hosting site and get my stuff uploaded so I can start posting pictures again!

I think we all look wonderful on the picture. John looks like he has a walker frame doesn't he?:)

I hope so too! That's Cheri (NotSoLittleMermaid) on the far left in the front and I'm the one standing behind Marilyn. I've REALY got to pick a photo hosting site and get my stuff uploaded so I can start posting pictures again!

Yeah!!!:thumbsup2

I think we all look wonderful on the picture. John looks like he has a walker frame doesn't he?:)

I was thinking that, right before I read your post! I had to look at the photo twice!:rotfl2:

I'm out of town for a few days and you're already talkin' about me :chat: behind my back! :rotfl: Shame on you. ;)

OK. I see a couple of you have posted pictures of yourselves, so here's my photo introduction to the group of the three of us. Rebecca, Zach & myself.

001.jpg

But it's only good stuff. Isn't that OK?:confused3

(And, besides, you did not tell us you were going did you?)

Jan :earsgirl:

Vicki: What's the latest on that arm?

Jan :earsgirl:

Hi Jan,
Sorry I haven't been around lately. One of my good friend's husband passed away this past Wed. He was 61, but had lots of health problems. They have no children. It's been rough on her.
My arm still having some problems, but better in general. I got my cast off, and just have a splint so I can start to rehab my hand/wrist. It's amazing how much movement/strength, etc. you lose in a month's time
But, I CAN SCRATCH MY ARM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes :thumbsup2 :banana: ::yes:: :yay: :yay: :dance3: :dance3: Even if it is going to be slow and long,I finally feel like I am finally on my way to getting better...so Yeah!! Thanks for asking....Vicki

Hi Jan,
Sorry I haven't been around lately. One of my good friend's husband passed away this past Wed. He was 61, but had lots of health problems. They have no children. It's been rough on her.
My arm still having some problems, but better in general. I got my cast off, and just have a splint so I can start to rehab my hand/wrist. It's amazing how much movement/strength, etc. you lose in a month's time
But, I CAN SCRATCH MY ARM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes :thumbsup2 :banana: ::yes:: :yay: :yay: :dance3: :dance3: Even if it is going to be slow and long,I finally feel like I am finally on my way to getting better...so Yeah!! Thanks for asking....Vicki

Oh Vicki, that's so sad about your friend!:hug:

It's good to hear from you and get a progress report. They're asking about you over on our WB Remember the Magic thread. Would you want to post a little "hello" over there?

I can so relate to the "scratch my arm" comment! :hyper: Good luck with the rehab!

Hi Jan,

I'm sorry about your friend's husband. How sad.:worried:

Glad your arm is improving. I didn't realise you would be out of plaster so early after your op, but good to get it moving again. Have a good sctarch!:rotfl:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Whooooo Hooooo!

Best computers out there!!!:surfweb:

Vicki, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband. At least she has friends like you to lean on during this difficult time.

Glad to hear your arm is doing better too. My friend got his soft cast off last week too and has nothing on it but gauze since it still bleeds a little. He's doing the whole therapy thing too. He's up to 2 lbs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter