September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome:

FE are fun. My kids love coming back to the room to find what goodies have arrived during the day. :grouphug:

You can make your own FE or buy one. I bought one from Ebay (shipped from Taiwan). If you search Fish Extender and/or Pocket Hanging Organizer you should get some choice. I found this Mickey Mouse one under Pocket Hanging Organizer - its similar to one I bought a couple of years ago.

There are instructions on the DIS on how to make both sew and no sew FE. You can also just use something simple like canvas bags tied together. It doesn't have to be fancy! Just make sure it is not too wide (there is only a certain amount of room to hang the FE)

On out last cruise, we all just chose one night to hand out the goodies. There was no set schedule, you worked the delivery into your own schedule. It worked out, we had something every day. Other cruises have set a schedule. Some have grouped up when there were a large number of DISers on the cruise and something like 140 FE to deliver to!! Our cruise is not that big, so we should be fine.

--Kay

Hey everyone, just a thought - do the first batch of Tortola cruisers get off the Magic tomorrow..???:goodvibes

Yes they do...and they've already been given instructions to start posting information THE MINUTE they get back! :lmao: I kept meaning to look and see if anyone was doing a live trip report, but haven't done that.

I don't know if I am posting properly as this is my first try at this. We are booked on the Tortola September cruise. Very excited. We think we might like to do the shots on the ship and the FE. Any tips on where to get the FE. I had to research the internet to figure out what it is. Very cool. My kids (8&9) will love it. Does everyone just bring a Sam's bag of candy and walk through the ship each night distributing goodies? How do I get our names added to your list of members on this cruise? Thanks! Kim:confused3

:cheer2::dance3:WELCOME! :dance3::cheer2:

to the cruise and the DISboards!

I don't know if I am posting properly as this is my first try at this. We are booked on the Tortola September cruise. Very excited. We think we might like to do the shots on the ship and the FE. Any tips on where to get the FE. I had to research the internet to figure out what it is. Very cool. My kids (8&9) will love it. Does everyone just bring a Sam's bag of candy and walk through the ship each night distributing goodies? How do I get our names added to your list of members on this cruise? Thanks! Kim:confused3

Hi there and welcome!!!

You are going to have a brilliant time!!!!

Hi there and welcome!!!

You are going to have a brilliant time!!!!

I see you are taking a break from the parks and checking in on your cruise threads! :lmao: Hug all my friends when you see them Sunday! :grouphug:

:eek: Just had a call from our CC company. Someone tried to use our ccard number today. Luckily the CC Company's early warning system picked it up, but we now have the hassle of closing our account, waiting for new cards to arrive and carefully checking our accounts (not that I don't anyway, but now I need to double and triple check!)

:scared1::scared1:

Just means I will have to use my Disney Visa more :rotfl: - Better sign up for those 5x rewards then! :laughing:

-Kay

Thank you for your kind comments - glad you enjoyed reading and that it bought back happy holiday memories for you too... :hug:

We are still booked on the Baltic cruise but I'm 99.99% certain we will cancel as we've started to think seriously about other equally exciting but rather cheaper options for June 2010... ;)

Everyone keeps leaving us.:sad1::rotfl2:

Welcome to the group!!!! You'll have a great time.

Hey everyone, just a thought - do the first batch of Tortola cruisers get off the Magic tomorrow..???:goodvibes

:cool1: I can hardly wait to read their reports :thumbsup2

Welcome :welcome:party:

Kathe

Hello and :welcome: aboard!!!

Yes they do...and they've already been given instructions to start posting information THE MINUTE they get back!
Oooh how exciting!!! :dance3: Can't wait to read their conclusions - I need to know which excursions to choose... ;)

Everyone keeps leaving us.:sad1::rotfl2:

Awww sorry!!! :goodvibes Would love to be onboard but there's a 14 night trip to Malaysia feeding baby elephants and orangutans that is coming in at half the cost - and that's with business class trave! It's my dream... :cloud9:

Good Morning Tortolans!

Kathe PM'd me asking if there was any more room at our table for High Tea. I said yes, we're booking a table for four and there's me and Stacy and Vicki. Now Kathe is going to join us too. I'm so excited. I'll try to book our second sea day....on Monday.

Sunday, our first sea day I'm going to try to schedule the Champagne Girls.

So that will be.....first full day at sea, Champagne Girls at 2pm.

Second full day at sea, High Tea with Stacy, Vicki, Kathe and me.

Hope it works out. Now that I'm paid I want to book everything. I have 6 more weeks to wait. Oh brother.:confused3

Sounds good-thanks Deb. I hope we can talk about fibromalgia on board, It has been a major pain in every imaginable definition of the word "pain". Vicki

Sounds good-thanks Deb. I hope we can talk about fibromalgia on board, It has been a major pain in every imaginable definition of the word "pain". Vicki

Absolutely....let's get together at the cove cafe over some good coffee and compare notes. It is definitely a pain but not only in the butt....it's painful everywhere. My rheumatologist tried a pain patch which worked great....until I developed a rash and couldn't use it. He told me that I was probably allergic to the adhesive. But while I used it for a day or so I remember saying to myself....I forgot what it felt like to be normal again. I'm so conditioned to feeling pain daily that I don't even notice it much. I realized how bad I was when I wore that patch. Of course, some days I have flare ups and then I feel it big time. I find that rest helps. I have to schedule days off in between activities. If I go on a vacation, I have to take steroids to sustain activities for the entire vacation. But I can't remain on them so I only do them once or maybe twice a year temporarily. It's definitely a lifestyle change where I have to work within my limitations. We'll talk in more detail onboard. I'm looking forward to it.

OK I'm thinking about ordering my fish extender gifts today. I get 20% off if I order within 3 days. I counted FE participants listed on page one....adding all the additional family members in multiple cabins....figuring high end.....I came up with approximately 25. I thought I might order 50 just to be safe and cover new people who will be joining us between now and Sept.

What do you all think? Is this a good number to go with?

Awww sorry!!! :goodvibes Would love to be onboard but there's a 14 night trip to Malaysia feeding baby elephants and orangutans that is coming in at half the cost - and that's with business class trave! It's my dream... :cloud9:

Wow, seriously? My kids would kill me if I canceled our Med cruise, but I'd love to go to Malaysia.

Julie

Thanks for the info on the insurance as well. I'll put dh to work on it because I'm feeling sick. Sick enough that I don't even feel like planning for the trip.:sick:

Julie

Thanks for the info on the insurance as well. I'll put dh to work on it because I'm feeling sick. Sick enough that I don't even feel like planning for the trip.:sick:

Julie

Sorry to hear that Julie....that's really sick. I hope you feel better soon.:cutie:

I'm so conditioned to feeling pain daily that I don't even notice it much. I realized how bad I was when I wore that patch. Of course, some days I have flare ups and then I feel it big time. I find that rest helps. I have to schedule days off in between activities. If I go on a vacation, I have to take steroids to sustain activities for the entire vacation. But I can't remain on them so I only do them once or maybe twice a year temporarily. It's definitely a lifestyle change where I have to work within my limitations. We'll talk in more detail onboard. I'm looking forward to it.

That really struck a chord with me, Deb! :hug: I know it's not the same at all but I have very severe psoriasis and dealing with it completely rules my life to the extent that I have definitely forgotten how it feels to be, at best, discomfort-free. Drugs help but the severe side effects have an impact all of their own so I'm back to finding other ways of coping... I feel for you and Vicki, I really do... :grouphug:

Wow, seriously? My kids would kill me if I canceled our Med cruise, but I'd love to go to Malaysia.

Seriously, Julie! ::yes:: I was idly browsing the Interval International getaway section of their website (we are Gold members through a timeshare we have in Spain) and discovered a gorgeous resort which seemed not too expensive. So I priced the trip up for June 2009 and was astonished at the amazing vacation DH and I could have for half the cost of the DCL Baltic cruise - including flights, sightseeing in Kuala Lumpur, visiting an orang utan orphanage in Borneo, an elephant sanctuary and spending all-important time by beach... ;)

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better asap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter