September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome home!!!!

We'll be heading out in a few weeks too. ABD Viva Italia!!!! Rome, Tuscany and Venice. I can't wait. I need to start looking for some new sneakers for all the walking we'll be doing.:lmao:

Oh man....that's a way better vacation than mine! Sounds FABULOUS!

Welcome home!!!!

We'll be heading out in a few weeks too. ABD Viva Italia!!!! Rome, Tuscany and Venice. I can't wait. I need to start looking for some new sneakers for all the walking we'll be doing.:lmao:

Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear all about it & see the pics.

Welcome home! So........trip report?

Thank you! :thumbsup2

No trip report this time, I'm afraid. :sad2: I will do a quick A-Z of trip highlights but TBH I'm supposed to be revising for May exams and really need to get my head around that without any distractions... :rolleyes::teacher::surfweb:

Hi Deb!

I'm sure Nan'll be up for this - let's decide on a time once she lets us know what time her flight gets into MCO. If it ends up just being the 4 of us do you know if they'll take a reservation?

Yes, we like them because they LOVE Disers. No problem about the time. We'll already be in Coca Beach with a car. We have plenty of time to figure it all out.

OH Monica.....I LOVE this excursion, but I'm afraid because it's not a DCL and it goes out at 8:15 am and we offload at 8am and then there's one at 12:15pm that doesn't come back until 4pm and we take off at 4:30pm. Both are cutting it too close for my comfort. Everything is an -ish time meaning that nothing is locked in stone. And you know that I don't move that quickly. So running is out of the question. I don't think it would be a good idea to take such a risk, although I would certainly LOVE to do it. Thanks for thinking of me. If the timing worked out a little better I would do it in a heartbeat.

Besides, John would really rather go to the hotel with the beach and pool. He's not comfortable snorkeling in deep water. He would rather snorkel offshore so he can stand up. There are always compromises.

We'll stick with the hotel for St. Thomas. We're more flexibile with Tortola. So far we're looking at the land and sea excursion....sightseeing by both land and sea. I would be more willing to do something else on this island if you happen to come across another excursion, especially with turtles.

Thanks for looking out.

We have stayed at the Royal Pacific and really loved it. It is the 'cheapest' of the three hotels, but is very very nice. We have friends who stay at the Portofino Bay, and that is more upmarket of course. We looked around the place and it looks stunning.

I think it depends on budget. Portofino Bay is further away from the parks but you can still walk if you want. There is boat transportation. We walked most of the time from the Royal Pacific.

Actually, for the days we're going, Royal Pacific is $10/night more expensive than Portofino Bay. I was thinking we should take advantage of PBH being less for once. On the other hand, the theming and closer proximity to the parks makes RPR enticing. Can't decide. Are there better pool areas for little kids at one versus the other?

Actually, for the days we're going, Royal Pacific is $10/night more expensive than Portofino Bay. I was thinking we should take advantage of PBH being less for once. On the other hand, the theming and closer proximity to the parks makes RPR enticing. Can't decide. Are there better pool areas for little kids at one versus the other?

Hi! :wave2: We stayed at PBH a few years ago and TOTALLY loved it! We also stayed at HRH last week and my teenage (emphasis on the teenage) son loved that too. But for a family with young children, we'd vote for PBH - esp if it's cheaper than RPR, that's almost a no-brainer IMO... And I think they do character dining there some evenings... :goodvibes Good luck with whatever you decide... :thumbsup2

Just read your pool question - PBH has 3, if I recall correctly, and the Beach Pool has a beach entry pool, water slide, and kids play area. The Villa pool has private cabanas which are a luxurious extra and great for protecting little ones from the sun... It sounds so good, I'm tempted to book myself ASAP!!!

DONE - FINISHED - FINITO! (not sure how to spell finito...)

My meetings are DONE for the year and now I can focus on MY LIFE! I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is - to know that all that hard work finally in EVERY WAY paid off. It was fun standing at the Pioneer Village looking around at the people I work with that are usually so uptight and critical - to see them with branding irons in their hands, smiles on their faces and hearing laughter! Watching them play "quick draw" and throwing tomahawks - after their cattle drive and hay ride! One of the Regional Managers, grabbed my arm and pulled me up to the bar and we did a shot of Tequilla! Holy Schmoly! It was so worth it. Earlier in the day my boss before thanking everyone for coming, personally gave me KUDOS in front of everyone. Just like he did the first year... boy it's nice to be back on track!

Last night when they boarded the bus (to take them back to the hotel from their big extravaganza event) to see the look on Mike's (boss) face - when the Directors (our customers who are VP's, President's and CEO's of their companies) made it a point to hug me and thank me for all my hard work (including the wives) I was on :cloud9: - the wives of my own COMPANY don't treat me like that! Well, except for my boss - his wife is WONDERFUL!!!!

Anyway, not trying to toot my own horn, I'm just so darn thankful it went without a hitch and I got to meet a "new" group of Director's and their wives. I think this year was the best yet!:banana:

NOW - on to truly important business - the business of planning MY / excuse me - OUR cruise!!!!:woohoo::dance3:

Does anyone know how I can find out what rental car options are at the TERMINAL for pick-up. I will compare only those - and make it easier. I know Avis is one - is there a link maybe? I think it might be time for me to do some RESEARCH!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Well, I don't want to wish away my May vacation, but I'm asking the same question myself. I miss the MAGIC.

I know what you mean, I'm looking forward to next weekend and riding in the mountains of New Mexico! Has anyone seen the new "alien" commercial for the State??? It's hysterical!!!! New Mexico tourism board did it I believe!

Good Morning SISTER!!!

Peg, I think you have the link to "Shirley's healful thread". It's got the info there, but Budget, Avis, Hertz, Thrifty/Dollar should all be options for you. You can pretty much just shop for the best price. Also, check out the price for keeping the car more than one day. You might want to explore the option of eating off Disney property (I can't believe I'm saying that) or using the car to get to ALK for Boma or Jiko. We can discuss that in detail later....just let's talk before you book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter