• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried? What if someone faxes a request for a group High Tea? :confused3 I know in my group, would have 3 women at least.. We could have 6 if needed cause I can add the Men..

As Jackie said later, we tried on the PC cruise and they don't do it. Shame. the thing I was very surprised about was that only a tiny part of the restaurant was used for High Tea. I would have thought they could have so many more patrons than that.

It's not that I have anything against you common people. You are a credit to your class. But, well, to acknowledge one in front of the public eye. That is another matter altogether.

I will be very happy to give you a cordial "hello" below stairs.

:lmao: :lmao:

My ancestry goes back to a fairly famous Lord and Earl!!! I can be:snooty: too!!

We could perhaps get together for lunch in Lumieres instead.

That's a very good idea.

We can also approach PJ on board and see what's possible.

Pity we can't book in a group tea.

An Edwardian luncheon works for me! No time constraints and as big a group as we'd like. We can use it as a fall back plan if we can't work something out on the ship for tea. We squeezed 7 people into a Palo banquette (normally for 6 people).

Man, I'm already wishing we had more sea days!

I don't think on this one... She could be close to YOUR accomodations... she's sailing with Lady Monica on this journey...

At this point we have a cat 12 - hoping for an upgrade :thumbsup2

Talk to Monica cause she knows how to get into Palo more times than we can count... right Monica?

PJ's my friend :goodvibes

:upsidedow

That's a very good idea.

We can always book a lot of smaller tables at the same time (basically) & then ask PJ if we can combine as many as possible into each table & tables next to each other. That's what we did for the tea on the PC cruise - I think it ended up being 16-17 people at 2 tables :confused3

Hi everyone,

Just want to pop in and introduce ourselves as we have just jumped ship from the 8/15 Tortola to this one! We managed to save a few pennies and this date will work out better for us as DD will be 5 and we will have more options for excursions.

We are Kay, Neil, DS Arran (who will be 9 on the cruise) and DD Iona (who will turn 5 on 9/12/09).

We are currently on 2nd dining, but waitlisted for main. We will probably be spending a week in Kissimmee prior to the cruise - staying offsite in a vacation rental, but the fine details are yet to be worked out!

This is our second cruise on DCL.

We look forward to getting to know you all.

--Kay

p.s. certainly up for a FE Exchange if one is going on, the kids certainly loved it last time!

p.p.s Guess I need to update my sig - where can I find the graphic for this cruise?

Hi everyone,

Just want to pop in and introduce ourselves as we have just jumped ship from the 8/15 Tortola to this one! We managed to save a few pennies and this date will work out better for us as DD will be 5 and we will have more options for excursions.

We are Kay, Neil, DS Arran (who will be 9 on the cruise) and DD Iona (who will turn 5 on 9/12/09).

We are currently on 2nd dining, but waitlisted for main. We will probably be spending a week in Kissimmee prior to the cruise - staying offsite in a vacation rental, but the fine details are yet to be worked out!

--Kay

p.s. certainly up for a FE Exchange if one is going on, the kids certainly loved it last time!

p.p.s Guess I need to update my sig - where can I find the graphic for this cruise?

Hi and welcome. I'm Marilyn and it will be just me and my husband John, both wrinklies, though only on the outside!!:lmao:

I think the cruise graphic is on Page 1, along with some other info. Not sure if a FE group has got going yet.

Hi everyone,

--Kay

Welcome Kay and family!!!!

Hi everyone,

--Kay

Hello and :welcome:

There is always room for more Sailors :cheer2: Besides we are wayyy more fun then those other people.. ;)

I am Stacy, DH is Andy
We will be traveling with friends so our little personal group is at 10 people currently

Nice to meet you!! :flower3:

My dearest Nanette. Have I not told you that you are indeed pleasing eye candy?

but you should know that eye candy is not a term that I long to hear...ear candy would suit me to a t(ea)....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why can't we get a group tea in the private room? I did say there would be an Edwardian Tea, didn't I? Although, I had no idea what that meant. Just that it sounded good.

Shall I start working on it?

::yes:: listmaker::yes::

I see you didn't object to being called eye candy.

your honor I object, I perfer the term ear candy, lord knows why but I'm sure it's something from my teenage years :crazy2:

That's a very good idea.

love lumiere's...wonder if they would serve my favorite snowfall smoothie at lunch???? anyone here have one of those???? I plan on having breakie as often as I can their to enjoy such smoothies ::yes::

PJ's my friend :goodvibes

:upsidedow

and I'm glad I'm your tagalong...

Hi everyone,

--Kay

Welcome! :wave:

I'm Jackie and we're doing a 'siblings' cruise to celebrate baby sister's 50th birthday. We're six adults in three cabins. I've also cruised with a bunch of folks on this voyage...on the WBPC last May. :grouphug:

I've been thinking about formal night. Are any ladies going all out in long dresses? What about tuxes for the men? I'm not sure what to do this time. John hired a tux for the PC, but I think he won't want to bother this time with the extra costs of everything due to the exchange rate. I didn't wear a long dress and would have to buy one!

I'm not really a long dress kinda gal so will probably wear a cocktail dress and some bling! If my diet and exercise regime continues to be successful, I might actually buy something new!!! :rolleyes:

I doubt my DH will want to wear a tux - I think I'll persuade him to buy a cool new suit and he can wear that for formal, semi-formal and Palos. I'm already looking forward to that as he looks lovely in a suit... :love:

I'm thinking of booking Palo(or trying to) for Pirate night as I'm not too bothered about that.

We've already definitely decided to do that! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

--Kay

Hi Kay! :wave: Nice to see you - you may remember I was also booked on the August Tortola cruise but switched to this one as it worked out better... Great to have you onboard... :)

HEY....I WON something!

A $25 Starbucks giftcard. We had a staff meeting/lunch today with door prizes. Cool eh? (got to get excited about the little things, 'cause there ain't nothing BIG going on)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter