September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....but the REAL reason I came on to post.....

My brother's mother-in-law was able to apply the Florida resident discount and saved big bucks! Man....she owes me a drink! :lmao:

Whoops just saw the answer to this... Maybe I'll call DCL tomorrow and look into it

If you find out about the Florida rate Can you let me know please? Although, it would have to be a better discount then the credits we got for booking this September while on last September cause I know we can't get both :headache:

Our friends got an onboard credit for this cruise for their fuel charge.. When I asked for ours, I was told we never paid one cause we booked while on he ship..

:confused3

The FL residents rates are out. You do need proof of residency and I am not sure what DCL will accept as a minimum. Do you have a FL ID card or drivers license?

The discount saved me over 10% (but I didn't book onboard).

These are the rates for our cruise

2 People 3 People 4 People
Category 4 Family Verandah $2538 $3107 $3676
Category 5 Deluxe Verandah $2338 $2907 $3476
Category 6 Deluxe Verandah $2138 $2707 $3276
Category 7 Navigator's Ver $1938 $2507
Category 8 Deluxe Oceanview $1738 $2307 $2876
Category 9 Deluxe Oceanview $1538 $2007 $2476
Category 10 Deluxe Inside $1438 $1907 $2376
Category 11 Standard Inside $1338 $1807 $2276

HTH

--Kay

I made my FE out of these little "purses" that I found at the Dollar Tree (Love that place!). The purses are just little canvas bags (shaped like a hobo style purse) with a nautical theme. I bought three (white with a blue ship's wheel on it) and attached them together by canvas ties. I then wrote/designed on them with fabric markers with our names and other stuff. It should definetly work for the FE. I would post a pic but I don't have enough posts yet (guess I shouldn't have lurked for so long :rotfl:). Maybe I'll be able to post them soon. So the FE doesn't have to be fancy (I paid $3 for the bags; total they were $1 each and the fabric markers I got a variety color pack for $6 from WalMart) and can do it inexpensively. Just got to think outside the box sometimes. Can't wait for the cruise!

Mickey OCD - are you sure you can't post pictures? You have to do it from a service such as photobucket, but I would have thought you were OK to post the pictures.

If you want, email me the picture and I will load it for you.

-Kay

I made my FE out of these little "purses" that I found at the Dollar Tree (Love that place!). The purses are just little canvas bags (shaped like a hobo style purse) with a nautical theme. I bought three (white with a blue ship's wheel on it) and attached them together by canvas ties. I then wrote/designed on them with fabric markers with our names and other stuff. It should definetly work for the FE. I would post a pic but I don't have enough posts yet (guess I shouldn't have lurked for so long :rotfl:). Maybe I'll be able to post them soon. So the FE doesn't have to be fancy (I paid $3 for the bags; total they were $1 each and the fabric markers I got a variety color pack for $6 from WalMart) and can do it inexpensively. Just got to think outside the box sometimes. Can't wait for the cruise!

Oh that sounds so cute! Can't wait to see it.

That reminds me, I need to see if mine needs some touch up gluing.

Monica....think this will tempt Cheri to be SURE and join us at the Grand Floridian Cafe?

DESSERT SAMPLER:

130.jpg

yum.

Monica....think this will tempt Cheri to be SURE and join us at the Grand Floridian Cafe?

DESSERT SAMPLER:

130.jpg

yum.

All I can say is ....... WOW!! Think they'll think I'm really crazy if I have dessert 1st? :lmao:

No :cake:. They decorated a plate for sister's anniversary at Palo dinner:

DisneyTransatlanticCruise2007-06-2.jpg
finding-nemo-wallpaper-005-1024a.jpg

..........................................That's a great logo for this cruise - anyone using it on a T-shirt?

All who are planning on Fishlips 9/11 - are you staying in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach the night before?
I live 1 1/2 hours south and still trying to decide to go and back, go and back; or just go and stay. [does that make sense?] :confused3::teleport:

The FL residents rates are out. You do need proof of residency and I am not sure what DCL will accept as a minimum. Do you have a FL ID card or drivers license?

The discount saved me over 10% (but I didn't book onboard).

These are the rates for our cruise

2 People 3 People
Category 6 Deluxe Verandah $2138 $2707

HTH

--Kay

Wow!! Thanks! and Yes, I have a Florida ID. DCL accepts it, we were lucky & we used it once before.

No :cake:. They decorated a plate for sister's anniversary at Palo dinner:

DisneyTransatlanticCruise2007-06-2.jpg
finding-nemo-wallpaper-005-1024a.jpg

..........................................That's a great logo for this cruise - anyone using it on a T-shirt?

All who are planning on Fishlips 9/11 - are you staying in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach the night before?
I live 1 1/2 hours south and still trying to decide to go and back, go and back; or just go and stay. [does that make sense?] :confused3::teleport:

Hi Kathy, me and DH will be staying in Cocoa Beach for 2 nights before cruise. We'll be at the Fishlips meet. Hope to see you there.

OK - I am rethinking where we are going to stay the night prior to the cruise. We are currently booked at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach with Marriott Reward points - no breakfast and planning on parking at the port which will cost us $105.00. I can get a room at the Residence Inn for $138.00 which includes taxes, free breakfast and free cruise parking. Shuttle will be a few $ extra, but DH could drop me and DD off at the port and then go back and take the shuttle by himself. The only wrinkle in this situation is that DH is leary of leaving the car at the hotel and not at the port parking lot. Can anyone tell me how secure the parking at the hotel is? I picked Residence Inn due to Marriott points. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Second time mentioning this

I just deleted a response to the survey/data collection for the planned activies because whoever entered the information, did not complete the last part of the survey with their name, email and DIS name.

I deleted it because without this information, it is really worthless. After all, what is the point if the organizers don't know how to get in touch with the person?

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if you are taking the time to enter the information, please include your contact information.

Second time mentioning this

I just deleted a response to the survey/data collection for the planned activies because whoever entered the information, did not complete the last part of the survey with their name, email and DIS name.

I deleted it because without this information, it is really worthless. After all, what is the point if the organizers don't know how to get in touch with the person?

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if you are taking the time to enter the information, please include your contact information.

Are you able to tweek the survey to make those field mandatory? Or at least put a warning in big letters to that effect?

-Kay

has anyone stayed at the hilton or hampton in cocoa beach? we can do either with our points (= free!).
anyone know if either offer shuttle or parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter