• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 11th - Remember forever !

As the wife of a Navy man, and the ex-wife to a Reserve Man from NY, and sister to 2 Army Men...I appreciate your service as well.

I was getting a tattoo the same time that the towers were coming down, with the date of 11-9 on it but the look on my ex's face while it happened was terrible. It was his home city.

I was in Disney the week after it happened-for my first trip.

God bless you and all of your comrades who risked everything to save those who needed you. Their selfless acts of brave service will never be forgotten.

We were driving to Disneyland that day, arriving late that afternoon, and it always breaks my heart to think about the children on one of those American Airlines flights who were doing the same. When I heard that safe in my room in the Disneyland Hotel with my family, I dissolved into tears.

That was Julianna Valentine McCourt. Please remember her and her mother, and say a prayer for them when the names are read every year, this year especially. Her father died this year. Its reassuring that they are all together with God.

That was Julianna Valentine McCourt. Please remember her and her mother, and say a prayer for them when the names are read every year, this year especially. Her father died this year. Its reassuring that they are all together with God.

it was also Christine Lee Hanson:

Christine Lee Hanson, 2, was carted aboard United Airlines Flight 175 in Boston by her parents, Peter, 32, and Sue Kim Hanson, 35. The flight was bound for Los Angeles. Christine was headed for her first visit to Disneyland. According to the Korea Herald, Sue Kim Hanson, a Korean-American was due to earn her doctorate in November. Peter Hanson worked for a Massachusetts-based Internet firm. Little Christine attended Knowledge Beginnings preschool in Chelmsford, Mass. According to the Korea Herald, the young couple moved to rural Groton, Mass., in search of a quiet upbringing for their daughter.

Read more: Littlest victims largely overlooked http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=12105#ixzz1Xbn1aJHv

I've seen interviews with the grand father far to many times recounting the events- Christine dad, Peter, was on the phone with his father giving him a minute by minute account what was happening up until the plane plowed into the second tower- its absolutely to horrifying to mention on this board....

God Bless you and all the firefighters,police, first responders, military and volunteers that were there that day and everyday after that day to help keep us safe and protected!9/11 was a horrible day but I never felt more proud to be american than that day! They did a horrible thing to all of us but we should them who america is and how we have love and compasion for all human beings!

Thank you for your service. I will never forget the images of the brave firefighters and police officers that were running into the danger when everyone else was running out.

RIP all who lost their lives on that beautiful September morning :sad1:

it was also Christine Lee Hanson:

Christine Lee Hanson, 2, was carted aboard United Airlines Flight 175 in Boston by her parents, Peter, 32, and Sue Kim Hanson, 35. The flight was bound for Los Angeles. Christine was headed for her first visit to Disneyland. According to the Korea Herald, Sue Kim Hanson, a Korean-American was due to earn her doctorate in November. Peter Hanson worked for a Massachusetts-based Internet firm. Little Christine attended Knowledge Beginnings preschool in Chelmsford, Mass. According to the Korea Herald, the young couple moved to rural Groton, Mass., in search of a quiet upbringing for their daughter.

Read more: Littlest victims largely overlooked http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=12105#ixzz1Xbn1aJHv

I've seen interviews with the grand father far to many times recounting the events- Christine dad, Peter, was on the phone with his father giving him a minute by minute account what was happening up until the plane plowed into the second tower- its absolutely to horrifying to mention on this board....
Yes, thank you for remembering her also. Her grandfather lives a couple towns away from me, and Julianas father was my fathers boss. I never understood why the children weren't as highly publicised.

My dad is a captain in the Nashville Fire Dept. To make matters slightly harder for him, his birthday is 9/12. To this day, we still don't celebrate his birthday much on that day. I do celebrate every shift he does come home!
Thank you for your service and being a true hero!

I am a NYC firefighter who will never forget that horrific day. It is etched in my heart and mind forever.I am truly blessed to still be alive.Although I was not directly involved during the attack I was there right after it happened as well as for weeks afterwards during the search, rescue, and recovery period.My wife and I would like to express our continued gratitude to all of you who will always remember to keep those who lost their lives and the families they left behind in your thoughts and prayers. After 10 years it is still almost as painful to watch footage and pictures from that day on TV and in newspapers . As I drove to work this morning I heard "God Bless the USA" on the radio and I started crying like a baby .

Thanks to everyone for doing so much for New York after 9/11 , we will never forget your kindness .
FDNY,PAPD,NYPD,EMS and all OUR TROOPS & THEIR FAMILIES

God bless all of you and now and forever God Bless America!!

With great appreciation,

Firefighter Tom Maloney
Proud and Grateful member
FDNY - LADDER 61
P.S. - Over 1,100 families never received any remains from their loved ones to bury .
http://youtu.be/_HN48srvzrU

Captain America-

God Bless you and all the Firefighters, policemen and women, and our GREAT MILITARY!

We as American's can't thank you enough!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

I will never forget! God bless YOU, Op :hug: and God Bless the USA!

Thank you to you and all of the first responders that were there on and after9/11 and continue to protect all of us. I will never complain about the new technology, new policies and procedures that have been put in place to try to better protect all of us. My job is now to make sure that my children and their children always pass on the stories and NEVER FORGET!

Thank you again for your service!

‎10 years ago my baby girl was in the 7th grade when the towers fell and today she is standing watch to keep all of us safe! Keep all of our Military in your thoughts as they pay a very high price for our freedom.

I was 14 sitting in math class when I saw the second building hit. I was confused and didn;t know what was happening, it seemed so surreal. Everyone was at a hightened state of worry knowing people who were on planes ect.

After school there was one plane in the sky flying over me. I told my mom there were planes still going as usual and she told me only one plane was allowed, Air Force One.

Now that I can grasp what happened I can honestly say thank you to all those who have saved the lives they could and I can feel sarrow for those whos lives were lost and the familes of those.

Thank you! God bless America

In my hearts and prayers everyday. God Bless those who didn't make it out and God Bless those who went running in when everyone else was running out. I know I will never forget, nor will my children. :grouphug:

This is a great thread. Wonder why it only generated 34 posts though.

God Bless America, and all of those that have served!

I remember everything about the day what I was doing where I was. and how terrified I was for my newborn 3 week old dd's future.
I watched today for hours and still shed as many tears as i did 10 years ago.
I thank and pray for everyone that serves us and protects us. i pray for all the families that lost loved ones that day, for all the armed forces serving the war now all the families that have lost loved ones during this war.
It truly brakes my heart to even wake up this day and I can not imagine how so many feel as the 11th aproaches each September.

Thank you for this post and for your service. It was a dark day for America, but we showed our resiliant spirit, as always. All who protect and serve remain in my prayers.

Thank you for your service - then and today. May God bless you and your comrades - both active and fallen.

Thoughts and sympathies to you and all your comrades who gave their lives and helped search for those who had lost theirs 10 years ago. You are all truly heroes and deserve all the recognition and thanks that the "ordinary" people give you. I live in Northern Ireland and was on holiday in Spain with my family when this tragedy happened. We all then had to get on a plane and return home after watching what had happened. Keep up the good work and keep doing what you are doing.

Thank you to all who helped on 9/11/01 ....
All the EMT's Firefighters, Police, emergency responders, the people on the Towers and surrounding area helping other people they never knew, the boats who help bring people off Manhattan Island to a safe area, and to anyone I left out.

God Bless all who have died and may they rest in peace.
May their families heal and remember the good of thier friends and relatives who have died.

My DS was in 4th grade, my DD was in 1st grade. Neither knew what the Twin Towers were. Yes they may have seem them when we drove to Long Island, but they have never been to Wall Street area.
Their school was great. They did a shut-down. No kids went home on a bus. Only a parent or another person(listed on the pre-written emergency sheet) could pick up the children at the school.
The school wanted to make sure the kids had a parent to go home to.
They even brought in a Priest to talk to the students.

DH was at work about 40 miles away from our home (not near the Twin Towers). I worked 10 miles away from home. At my worked they first announced there was a fire at the Twin Towers. We just talked a bit and continued to work. As soon as my work annouced one of the Twin Towers colasped - everyone left for home. We were all stunned of what happened 90 miles away from us.
I picked up my kids friom school.
My DS & DD watched TV, asked many questions.

Even today, 9/11/11, they still remember.
The day 9/11 will be in our hearts and prayers forever.
God Bless the USA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter