September 1, 2012 Last minute FE

Hi.

I thought I had posted our interest in participating a couple of weeks ago, but I don't see my post anywhere. We are the family of 5 as follows:

Dennis
Charlene
Noah
Abby
Chloe

Do you happen to have us as participating? Do you happen to have a count yet so we can estimate what we need to bring for who/how many? Thanks so much for coordinating this.

Charlene

I also would like to have an idea of number so that I can get started on my gifts. Thanks!

Another cabin in our party wants to participate. It is one couple, no kids. I will PM you their information tomorrow. Hatcher Family.

Can you let us know how many we have so far? I'm in favor of keeping the invitation to join open, perhaps with an occasional update on numbers so that we can keep up with gift prep. Then close a few days before we sail?

Also, when should we deliver our gifts? First day or different people deliver each day of cruise?

Thanks so much for organizing us!

Sorry for the delay in sending an update. I need to double check but I think that we have 9 cabins so far. I am not sure how many people. I will update the spreadsheet tomorrow and email it out to everyone. Can you please all pm me your email address if you haven't already?

Thanks! Only 2 more weeks to go...woohoo!

I will also post here tomorrow who I have participating as far as screen names and number of guests each person signed up.

OK everyone,

Here is who I have so far as interested and participating.

KPADO (ME) - 1 cabin - 3 guests including DD (3)
INSPIRED GIRL - 2 cabins - 5 guests including DS (unsure of age)
NHDISNEYLOVER - 1 cabin - 4 guests including DD (15), DS (13)
SOY 1 - 2 cabins - 7 guests including DD (17), DD (15), DS (7)
TNMOM1 - 2 cabins - 5 guests including DS (2)
FE - unsure of details

I have email addresses for both of TNMOM1's rooms. I still need email addresses for everyone else. If I have any of the above details incorrect, please let me know. I am keeping a spreadsheet updated with everyone's info. I will send the current version out this weekend to everyone who sends me their email addresses.

We are only 2 weeks out. I also wanted to ask for feedback about closing this group either when we hit 10 or 11 cabins or by August 25th. What are your thoughts? I know this is a last minute FE to begin with and I do not want anyone to have the extra pressure the week leading up to our trip of finishing FE gifts for late additions. Please share your thoughts with me on this.

Thanks,
Kelly

I'm planning to bring extras, so I'm ok with keeping it open as late as possible.... that said, I'm not bringing enough for the whole ship, so we need some type of cutoff.....

I haven't done this before - has anyone tried to join an FE group after the ship has sailed? (I mean, the thought of picking up my gifts along the way actually did cross my mind ... that way they'd be "real" souvenirs of the trip - but I decided it might be too expensive...)

Sorry - not sure this helps any. I'm good with whatever the decision is. :woohoo:

Count us in! We are another cabin with the "TNMom1" party that would like to join in on the "last minute" FE exchange. We're excited about our 2nd Disney Cruise with our grandson, Jack, as we celebrate his 2nd birthday! He absolutely LOVES Mickey!! Our cabin will include my husband, Pat and myself.

Thanks!
Carole

Count us in! We are another cabin with the "TNMom1" party that would like to join in on the "last minute" FE exchange. We're excited about our 2nd Disney Cruise with our grandson, Jack, as we celebrate his 2nd birthday! He absolutely LOVES Mickey!! Our cabin will include my husband, Pat and myself.

Thanks!
Carole

Sounds great. I just need your email address.

Ok...the last cabin traveling with us has decided to participate. One more couple with no kids. I will PM you their info. McClanahan family.

I'm finding it tough to start my gifts without knowing how many to prepare for. Do we have 11 cabins now? I am in favor of keeping it small since we don't have much time left to prepare. Maybe close it in a couple of days?

TNMOM1

That sounds great. Actually with your new addition, we are now up to 9 cabins. We had 2 drop out. I emailed the list of who we have so far earlier today. I will resend the updated list as soon as I get the info from your last 2 cabins. I need their room numbers and participant info as well as their email addresses.

Thank you so much for your participation!

Hello everyone!

I am just getting the latest updates from everyone for the spreadsheet. We have 9 cabins as of right now. We had 2 cabins drop out for misc reasons.

I have gotten mixed feedback with closing out the group, but the majority are in support of shutting it down soon so that we can all plan accordingly. So the plan is to shut down either when we get 1 or 2 more cabins (which would leave us at 10 or 11 cabins) or this Wednesday, 8/22 at the latest. That gives everyone a little over a week to finish up.

Thank you all again so much for your participation. I am very excited! I feel very fortunate to have gotten such a positive response so close to our cruise.

InspiredGirl

Can you please PM me with your last name, the ages of everyone in your party, and who is in which cabin? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I've seen several posts about Fish Extenders. Sorry I to say I have no idea what this is. Could someone please fill me in?

I've seen several posts about Fish Extenders. Sorry I to say I have no idea what this is. Could someone please fill me in?

Hi! On or by each disney cabin is a Fish that is used by the crew to leave messages for the cabin guests. Somehow, a tradition started to hang pockets from the fish and folks exchange FE gifts - sort of like secret santa gifts - except we all know who each other are ... we just don't know what we're giving and/or when.

There are lots of posts on the topic including pictures and descriptions of typical FE gifts and Fish Extenders (as the pockets are called). Anyone can participate or not.... it's up to you.

But, if you are going on the 9/1 cruise, you'll need to sign-up quick - you can just post here with the details (how many cabins and members are participating) Or, PM member KAPDO directly (but you'll need 10 posts to send a PM - so you may need to post some "blank" replies to get to 10).

Link to FE Gift IDEAS: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2473209

Hope that helps.

Thanks! I did a little more research... Sounds like fun. My daughter would get a kick out of this! We have 3 people in our cabin.
Mom
Dad
Miss Priss

Approx how many gifts should I prepare? (not a lot of time so I need to start NOW!)

I have read that some groups do gifts for every day of the cruise, some only do one day and others just assign different days for each participant to pass out their FE gifts. What is the plan for this group?

Also, I can't send a PM yet b/c I don't have enough posts. I'm still about 6 or 7 away.

Thanks! I did a little more research... Sounds like fun. My daughter would get a kick out of this! We have 3 people in our cabin.
Mom
Dad
Miss Priss

Approx how many gifts should I prepare? (not a lot of time so I need to start NOW!)

Welcome to our FE. You are our last addition. I meant to close it this past Wednesday but the week got away from me and we are happy to have you join us.

I need your room number, first and last names, and ages of everyone in your cabin as well as your email address. It looks like you cannot PM met yet so I will PM you with my email address and you can just send me that info there if you are uncomfortable posting all of that here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter