Sept trip dining suggestions

goinginsept

Earning My Ears
Tried to post this once and it got moved to wedding/honeymoon - don't understand why?!? We are going the last week in September and have the free dining plan. I am trying to figure out where to make my priority reservations. How do you all figure out which park you will be in which day? What are some good family restaurants and what are the best character meals? We have two kids, aged 6 and 8 at the time of our trip. How far ahead should I make the priority reservations? Is it hard to change them once you are there if your plans change? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

First most PS can be made 90 days in advance. It is a good idea to make PS's even though it is a slow time of the year you never know and it's better to be safe then sorry!
Second there are several factors that decide what park we do on what day in our family. First before we arrive I get the schedule of events during our visit and park hours. I make sure we are at the right park on the right day for things. But if they is nothing really happening on a day that we must see then we decide what to do when we get up. On these days I make PS's upon arriving to the park of choice.
Third some MUST DO'S for us...
50's Prime Time you should definately hit this w/ your family great fun to be had!!!
Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey's, Sci-Fi,BOMA
There are so many great rest. to try these are a few of our must do's great fun to be had at all by all!!! Hope this helps!

I'm giong the first week in October starting the 1st-8th so far our schedule (my kids will be 3 and 7) looks like this..

Saturday.. Chef Mickeys... Epcot for Illuminations
Sunday.. MGM.. no meals planned
Monday... Epcot.. Le Cellier
Tuesday .. AK... Donald's Breakfast and Boma's for dinner
Wednesday .. rest day.. RFC then a late night date for Dh and I at Calif Grill
Thursday... MK.. WCC for dinner
Friday... MK no meal plans
Saturyda... Not sure which parks or where we'll eat.

I think Chef Mickey's would be fun. Do you have a daughter? Cinderella's Royal Table or the Princess meal in Norway would be nice for her.
The Crystal palace seems to be a favorite among alot of people. I have never gone because it is always way too crowded for my taste.
Liberty Tavern Inn in the Magic Kingdom is a character dinner that is very fun. Note that it is only the dinner that has the characters.
I also like Le Cellier,50's Prime Time,Tusker House(counter service),Columbia House(counter service) and Main Street Bakery(counter service-some people feel it is better to pay out of pocket here).
In Downtown Disney there is the Earl of Sandwich(counter).The sandwiches here are very filling so it is highly unlikely that the hungries will come back after one of these.
If you are going to CRT(Cinderella's Royal Table)you need to make your reservations at the 90 day mark. It goes fast. Also,if you can't get into the breakfast try for lunch(it just started having characters). Dinner does not have characters.
In fact it probably will be best to make all your PS/ADRs at the 90 day mark. If you change your mind you can always cancel.
Before I forget, Cinderella's has a deposit that is required. Its 10.00 for adults and 5 for children(somebody will correct me if I am wrong).

Fast Pass said:
I think Chef Mickey's would be fun. Do you have a daughter? Cinderella's Royal Table or the Princess meal in Norway would be nice for her.
The Crystal palace seems to be a favorite among alot of people. I have never gone because it is always way too crowded for my taste.
Liberty Tavern Inn in the Magic Kingdom is a character dinner that is very fun. Note that it is only the dinner that has the characters.
I also like Le Cellier,50's Prime Time,Tusker House(counter service),Columbia House(counter service) and Main Street Bakery(counter service-some people feel it is better to pay out of pocket here).
In Downtown Disney there is the Earl of Sandwich(counter).The sandwiches here are very filling so it is highly unlikely that the hungries will come back after one of these.
If you are going to CRT(Cinderella's Royal Table)you need to make your reservations at the 90 day mark. It goes fast. Also,if you can't get into the breakfast try for lunch(it just started having characters). Dinner does not have characters.
In fact it probably will be best to make all your PS/ADRs at the 90 day mark. If you change your mind you can always cancel.
Before I forget, Cinderella's has a deposit that is required. Its 10.00 for adults and 5 for children(somebody will correct me if I am wrong).

I did a PS for CRT for 9/7 and was not asked for a deposit. They gave me a confirmation #.

Are you sure it didn't get moved to the Disney Restaurant Board? If not - make sure you ask there too. You'll get even more responses!

Welcome to the DIS!

I'm going 9/11-9/17. I just made most of my PS's today without any problems. I couldn't get into CRT for breakfast on 9/14. It was all booked. But I've got plenty of time to keep calling in case of a cancellation. I also tried to book some late PS's for dinner, but the latest seating they had was like 5:45. The CM said it was becuz the park hours hadn't been released for Sept yet. Probably 1st week in July. Then I could call back and try for a later time. Our DD's are 10 & 4.

Our kids are about the same age. Some of their favorites are PrimeTime, Whispering Canyon, Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace and Garden Grill. None of us were impressed with Chef Mickey's or Cindy's. I hope you have a wonderful trip. We'll be there in late September too. Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter